DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
5 members and 539 guests
BigDaddyShoo, GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man, scarab, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
SPEED TRAP, HOV lanes North bound
Unread
  (#1)
Nice & Smooth

SPEED TRAP, HOV lanes North bound - February 22, 2007, 10:24 AM

Since the weather is starting to warm up, I figured some of us may start ridign in to work. For those that ride the HOV, there has been a speed trap right after the Mixing Bowl for the past 3 days. Its the same cop, in a marked Camaro. This is the section where the HOV drops down to 50 MPH. He is generally pulling people over in the right hand lane, but I am sure he gets some from the left as well. He pops out and steps into the lane.

You have been warned.....
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to prkid424  
Unread
  (#2)
Site ADMIN

February 22, 2007, 10:28 AM

or dont speed.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#3)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
February 22, 2007, 10:30 AM

OWNED!!!

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#4)
Retired to most ...

February 22, 2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
or dont speed.
Sure Captain ZX-10R .... SURE!!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#5)
Site ADMIN

February 22, 2007, 10:38 AM

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#6)
B
It goes to 11.

February 22, 2007, 10:39 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....Or don't speed... on the HOV....

Take it from a guy who commuted 95N from Dale city for 4 years... you have a deathwish... go 50MPH... what's even MORE fun is when the dude going 65-75 SLAMS on his brakes down to 45 cause some cop is up in front lazing everyone.

Cops need to stay the fuck out of the HOV with lazers... sit on some ramp and chat it up with your boyfriend while you scare the cheaters, NO ONE needs cops fucking up the HOV.

I've personally witnessed two accidents directly related to people slamming the brakes cause of cops camping the HOV. It's a waste of my time, a waste of my tax dollars, and a waste of the good services they CAN perform, like keeping the HOV clear for those of us who are just trying to lawfully get to work.

FYI - They always sit by the landmark HOV/Reg. Lane interchange. You'll usually see them on the ramps for the opposite traffic (Southbound ramps when it's northbound, and Northbound ramps when it's southbound)

Super Duper Judge!!!!

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

February 22, 2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
keeping the HOV clear for those of us who are just trying to lawfully get to work.

qftf

Alex
13 Honda Fury

Last edited by spud; February 22, 2007 at 10:44 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
itsOnlyWrongIfuGetCaught

February 22, 2007, 10:46 AM

Even 90 year old woman avg. 30 over 495/95/395

"I'm ready for a commitment Harry. First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old-fashioned romantic feeling, where I'd do anything to bone her."
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
B
It goes to 11.

February 22, 2007, 10:46 AM

Dont get me started Alex, these pigs fuck up the lanes for everyone, cause mASSIVE traffic jams, literally 15-30 mins of traffic EASILY when they pull someone over, speed traps only make it worse. I drove those roads too much, and saw the negative effects of cops on the road to appreciate the "service" they do... $80 ticket so 1000-2000 people can burn a gallon of gas a piece trying to get by. The only productive thing they do, is sit the ramps and make sure people know they need to lawfully make use of the road. Radar is a total waste and just creates traffic, and pisses people like me off.

Counterproductive doesn't even begin to describe it.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#10)
Site ADMIN

February 22, 2007, 10:53 AM

I prefer to offer suggestions on how to change/make better the problem vs pointing out the problem.

in this case, how would you suggest getting people to go the speed limit on HOV and/or reduce accidents and death related to speed?

yep, getting ya started

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#11)
Winnar!!

February 22, 2007, 10:54 AM

FFX cnty cops no less
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

February 22, 2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkid424
Since the weather is starting to warm up, I figured some of us may start ridign in to work. For those that ride the HOV, there has been a speed trap right after the Mixing Bowl for the past 3 days. Its the same cop, in a marked Camaro. This is the section where the HOV drops down to 50 MPH. He is generally pulling people over in the right hand lane, but I am sure he gets some from the left as well. He pops out and steps into the lane.

You have been warned.....
thank you for info!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

February 22, 2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
I prefer to offer suggestions on how to change/make better the problem vs pointing out the problem.

in this case, how would you suggest getting people to go the speed limit on HOV and/or reduce accidents and death related to speed?

yep, getting ya started
Most accidents happen when people are merging or changing lanes. That's something you do very little of simply because of the architecture of the HOV as an expressway with limited exit and accesss ramps.

The argument that we need cops monitoring speeding because it's causing so many accidents is weak at best, and CERTAINLY doesn't compensate for the reduced mobility of an expressway. I'd honestly say that having cops fluctuate the speed of traffic has caused as many accidents as excessive speeding.

By the way... the FBI/CIA/DC cops are the guys flying up behind you at 90MPH trying to get to work... solo... in thier unmarked cars... there's a real double standard going on here.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

February 22, 2007, 11:18 AM

or you can try to think of a way to get people to slow down to a speed that allows folks to merge, change lanes, safely.

speed limits are set for that purpose.

If you let HOV run ramped at the higher speeds, there are folks who cannot drive at that speed safely.

Keep it to this topic, not what they should be doing otherwise..

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

February 22, 2007, 11:29 AM

You're trading one bad for another, though.

What I'm trying to say is, if 9 accidents happen a year because the HOV is not speed monitored. And 9 accidents a year happen because cops interrupt traffic flow... AND decrease the mobility of the expressway... you didn't really gain anything but a less effective expressway.

SV650s for SALE!!!