DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 468
2 members and 466 guests
beatle, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

March 24, 2005, 02:08 PM

Ok, I am going out of town tomorrow. I take my truck to the dealer yesterday to get a 30,000 mile service. Expecting oil change and tire rotation and a bunch of inspects for about 100 - 200 dollars. To my suprise $499 maintanence, $249 driveline service, $114 brake bleed. Ok f!@# it go ahead. I go to work get a ride to the dealer at 3p.m. wait at the dealer for 2 1/2 hours before they tell me my truck won't be ready today! What kinda shitz is that? They provide a free rental (damn right!) Here it is 3p.m. a day later I call to find out the status and the technician who worked on my truck has wrecked my truck in the f!@kin parking lot! Broke the tail light and dented the bumper. They mention they will fix the light and I can bring the truck back later to have the bumper repaired since I am going out of town.

QUESTION: Do I make them give me the service for free?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to solo  
Unread
  (#2)
Site Owner

March 24, 2005, 02:21 PM

115$ to bleed your brakes?

um, i'll do it for 50.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#3)
Happiness Consultant

March 24, 2005, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo
QUESTION: Do I make them give me the service for free?
oh hell yeah! fools.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

March 24, 2005, 02:30 PM

The same thing happened to me at a mitsubishi dealer. I went in for repairs and they wrecked the front end of my car. Don't let them push you around. Give em hell! Either demand they fix everything for free, or go higher up. They crashed your car! It's not like they forgot to change the filter. I got my service done for free. Also make sure you inspect it before you take it back from them. They did a really shitty job matching my paint. But once I left with it, they didn't want anything to do with me.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Bmiester  
Unread
  (#5)
Brainwash Your Face!

March 24, 2005, 02:41 PM

HELL YEAH YOU DO! ARE YOU KIDDING?

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

March 24, 2005, 02:46 PM

Thanks for the insight peeps. I'm thinking I'm gonna tell them to keep my truck until they can return the truck in the condition it was brought in and in the meantime I'm gonna keep the rental they provided. That way I can put miles on someone else's vehicle.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to solo  
Unread
  (#7)
True Riyduh

March 24, 2005, 03:06 PM

You dag on straight they need to give you your service for free AND fix/pay for the repairs!!!! They have insurance for this kind of crap... Don't let 'em weazel out of doin' you right...
But don't get "ill" until they start talkin' that mess though... Play it smart...

I have........ no bike.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to P-Luva Send a message via AIM to P-Luva Send a message via MSN to P-Luva  
Unread
  (#8)
DAS BOOT

March 24, 2005, 03:24 PM

Yes- Make them give you the service for free, repair it for free and once it is fully complete, make sure you bring your insurance person or a trusty body shop person out there with you to make sure that it was done properly. F that and F them.
They need to take reponsibility for what they did. And screw talking to the service manager. If need be, speak to whoever is THE person that they ALL report to. Write a professional letter as well as cc the GM of the dealership that if things are not taken care of to your specifications not only will you report them to the BBB you will contact your local news papers as well as whatever news station will cover the story.
One word of advice.... TAKE PICTURES WHILE IT IS STILL WRECKED so you can have proof on record.

F'ing bastards.

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#9)
DAS BOOT

March 24, 2005, 03:27 PM

ALSO- screw that....... If they give you $hit for wanting this service done for free, tell them that because of their carelessness, if you ever wanted to sell your vehicle, you are F'ed for getting maximum value because your car HAS been wrecked and had to be repaired.

Asssssssholes!!!!!

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#10)
( * )|( * )

March 24, 2005, 05:00 PM

Don't forget you can contact the BBB as stated and the attorney General as well...don't settle for anything less than what you expect.

-Chris

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#11)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
March 24, 2005, 09:05 PM

Solo I have GM contacts pm me if you have further issues. Oh give me my wallet back you cant miss it its the one that says......................

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#12)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
March 24, 2005, 09:11 PM

I also need to know your VIN # find out whats really called for on your 30k. For yall else I can do the same for hondas and most gm rides. Pm me for the 411. It may take a day so be patient please. Same goes if you need parts.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#13)
FASTER

March 25, 2005, 11:06 AM

Dude fuck that on many levels. Those prices they are charging are outrageous. That is why I only take my car to a dealership for service if it is still under warranty. You know if the work is covered on warranty they will not do all that extra crap but if you are paying for it they will. Do not take the truck back till all work is done. If you do you are screwed. Make them pay for all the work they did. Where is this dealership?

Favorite thing on my bike: the miles I put on it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JUSTGO