DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 545
3 members and 542 guests
davidcycle, nootherids, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Spring Kickball is here
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Spring Kickball is here - February 26, 2007, 11:08 AM

Just a heads up to anyone that is interested.

The Wife and I play kickball in the fall and spring. Registration is now open for the spring.

It will be on thursday nights starting at either 6:15 or 7pm
The season starts mid April and ends in the beginning of June, however if your team does well there are championship events to attend through beg september.

Lisa and I play for team "Motorboaters" dont ask... in the Alexandria division.

https://www.kickball.com/vaalexandria

when you register, you fill out the form to create your account name.

after you select Alexandria division.

Select OPTION 3

Register on an existing group or team.
The team captain must approve your registration.
and select group motorboaters.

The games are at Gravelly point. Park that lets you watch the planes land/take off from Reagan National.

The sponsored bar is Crystal City Sports pub about 5 min from the park in arlington.

Many play for the social as you meet a ton of people that are rather social at the sponsored bar after the game. Check the mid season and end of year party pix. Those parties are usually really big!

However, Some are like me who actually want to play to win. haha
Our team won the fall league last fall.

If you are interested in joining, click that link and follow the instructions. Select the group "Motorboaters" if you want to join my team. but only join if you are good.

Adult kickball is NOT like it was in gradeschool. No longer can you boot the crap out of the ball to get a homerun, which is rare in adult kickball. For the most part, if you kick the ball in the air, someone will catch it.

Anyways, just wanted to get the word out.

Keevers got me into this 4 years ago and i think she still plays for the Reston division.

Its only one night a week. It gets you out of the house and meet new social people. The average age i think is around 24/25, but there are plenty of folks who are in their 50's playing.

Please dont jack my thread and ask honest questions.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury

Last edited by spud; February 26, 2007 at 02:28 PM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Like a clown car on fire

February 26, 2007, 11:34 AM

I played a couple of years ago in the alexandria league too.. I wanna play this year again, but I'm no longer in contact with the folks i played with last time, I gotta see if I can round up enough people to make a team...

If not I might try to be a straggler on your team... i'm not too bad, but I was definitely more there to have fun than outright win. But at least I wait 'till after the game to get drunk.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

February 26, 2007, 11:48 AM

Forget rounding up peeps, join motorboaters man!

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
Like a clown car on fire

February 26, 2007, 11:58 AM

I dunno, if you guys won last year, you're all pretty good.. I'd rather be the star on the team of fat alcoholics than the sucky guy in the team of all stars...

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#5)
Still here

February 26, 2007, 12:14 PM

Do they have teams out in Prince William county?

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

February 26, 2007, 12:15 PM

naw dude.. get your wife to join. She sounds just like mine as far as getting pissed when i do stuff without her. If she bonds with my wife, they can hang out and we can go do other stuff on the weekends.. like RIDE!!!

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

February 26, 2007, 12:16 PM

They have had a manassas division on the website for 3 years, but they never have enough people join. I picked alexandria b/c it is 10 minutes from my work and my wife and i just go straight there after work. IF they had enough teams, manassas would be good.

check out the site and see if there is a somewhat closer division. I first played in reston and drove an hour to play a 45 min game with keevers and other sportbike peeps.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#8)
Owner of the Site Owner

February 26, 2007, 12:23 PM

what days are the games at? and waht time? my woman and I might be interested

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Site ADMIN

February 26, 2007, 12:46 PM

seriously...do people ACTUALLY read the whole post?

paul, your answer is in my first post. and check the link.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#10)
Owner of the Site Owner

February 26, 2007, 12:54 PM

reading is for suckers!

-

I tow 747s

Unread
  (#11)
Ling Long

February 26, 2007, 12:58 PM

Is there an abundance of hot unattached women there? If so I'll kick a big ass red ball

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#12)
Owner of the Site Owner

February 26, 2007, 01:01 PM

I signed up for motorboaters, waiting for approval

Your request to join Motorboaters in the VA Alexandria, Spring 2007 Division has been entered.

-

I tow 747s

Unread
  (#13)
Still here

February 26, 2007, 01:05 PM

No other NoVa divisions

02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

February 26, 2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
Is there an abundance of hot unattached women there? If so I'll kick a big ass red ball
Like anything else, you have the whole range. Some not so plesant, some cute, some quite hott. The number of single woman are high that i remember...

Paul!

vstar, what do you mean no other NOVA? there are a bunch.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
Unread
  (#15)
Site ADMIN

February 26, 2007, 01:13 PM

sorry, the kickball website blows donkey balls. If i ever meet the webmaster, i will punch him in the stomache.. Try this link to see all va divisions.

http://www.kickball.com/map.php#VA

DC

http://www.kickball.com/map.php#DC

Alex
13 Honda Fury