DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
1 members and 552 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Happiness Consultant

May 19, 2005, 01:50 PM

ok, I know a lot of you are going to see it...not to many spoilers, if anything this'll make you want to watch more:

Rating ***

general thoughts:

- lots of light saber usage, awesome shit too, there is a scene where Obi-wan and Yoda take on a whole platoon of clones/stormtroppers as they storm the Jedi Temple, 2 guys against 50-100 stormtroopers....are you effing kidding me!?!

- Hayden Christiansen needs acting lessons or should just give up. His mouth moves, he says the lines, but I just couldn't bring myself to believing them, nor did it make me tremble in fear like it should have. This is the bad ass Darth Vader??...pffffpt, when he scowls at Obi-wan before they face off its so unthreatening you almost think Obi-wan is just gonna bitch slap him and give him a wedgie, take him by the ear over his knee and spank him.

- Although I am a fan of Ewan McGregor, his attempt at sorrow and disbelief was quite unmoving, in one scene it seemed to me he was reading off a cue card or something, however he did make up for it with his skills with the lightsaber and his reactions post battle with Anakin was probably the most moving part of the movie. Aside from that one scene he was strong everywhere else, in some parts I thought he was channeling the dead spirit of Sir Alec Guiness (the original Obi-wan Kenobi).

- Not enough Natalie Portman and when you did see her it was just to see her acting like Anakin's mother, a wife should never have to be a man's mother, Much less a Jedi's.

- loved how they brought back Princess Leia's original space cruiser from Star Wars, all die hards will appreciate this one.

- All the fight scenes were memorable, Anakin/Obi-wan vs Dooku, Windu vs Emperor, Yoda vs Emperor, Obi-wan vs Greivous, Anakin vs Obi-wan....this is gonna sell a lot of light sabers.

- Pace of the movie was really good, you never get bored, once the action sequence is over you're anxiously awaiting the next and its amply filled with the either the Emperor's conniving evil ways or some other subplot involving the Jedi/Clone Wars. Its like a roller coaster, seemed like that 2 hours and 26 mins went by real quick.

- also liked the light-hearted banter between Obi and Anakin, instead of working against each other they work together and a few times they provide the very little, but much needed humour.

- Dialogue wasn't done by George Lucas this time, so the lines weren't unwitty, boring, and unmoving, but they were still lacking.

- lots of ass-whooping in this movie, many appendages go flying and many a droid gets cut to pieces, even Yoda beheads peeps in this one.

- Anakin turns into a real bastard, but because Hayden can't act I was unmoved. wow, he can cry on command(wank), but you dont feel his pain. His scene where he turns to the Darkside...I was like...WTF?!?! He can scowl all he wants, Hayden has no idea how to be evil.

- Although everyone around Sam Jackson gets their asses handed to them, Jackson reps proudly and doesn't go out like a bitch.

Final Thoughts:

Good flick, all the die-hards have probably already seen it. Its definitely worth a trip to the big-screen so don't wait for the DVD/VHS. I also thought it was funny that the Emperor points out that Yoda is small and green, we all know it, but no one ever says it til now. Best part of the movie....JarJar Binks is there, but says nothing, his role is so small he may as well have not been there.

opcorn:
:n erd:
opcorn:
:nerd :
opcorn:
:geek :
:geek ::

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#2)
Retired to most ...

May 19, 2005, 02:30 PM

Aight now theremix.........

After watching the movie last night Im going to agree with Ed....Hayden had the acting skills of a 1st grader. You just couldnt get into his charactor. Very unconvincing! I would have to say the only time you felt his pain and believed his charactor was AFTER he became Vador and was told he killed his wife. Lasted about 20 sec.

Battle scenes kicked ass. Graphics were top notch and light sabers will sell out every where over this one. All Im gonna say is 4 light sabers verses one!!!! Kick ass effects on that one!

Over all Im givin it 3.5 stars as it did tie the movies together very well.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#3)
Got my Permit

May 19, 2005, 02:44 PM

Thanks Ed, nice write-up. looking forward to seeing it this weekend.
Ed, your stance is all wrong - your too 'open' to parry an attack..

any of these speeders in the movie, they are my favorite, (think there is a Hayabusa insignia on the fascia)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Site Owner

May 19, 2005, 03:10 PM

I just saw it. It was OK.

It was like watching the Titanic. You know what's going to happen in the end.

And it was fucking hot in the theater.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#5)
ISO a Sugar Mama

May 19, 2005, 04:10 PM

Not enough Natalie? I love me some Natalie.
I am not going to see it.
Gonna pop in "Closer" DVD again.

"Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us." Dragula.

Canon shooter
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Rolex006  
Unread
  (#6)
Happiness Consultant

May 19, 2005, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex006
Gonna pop in "Closer" DVD again.
good flick, what I wouldnt give to be Clive Owen during the 'plain jane' scene.
anti-happy ending tho

word.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
Unread
  (#7)
Track Whore

May 19, 2005, 04:36 PM

No comments on the wookie army?! That's all I heard about on the radio.

The newspaper article I read called this the best of all six movies. That's high praise considering the first three (or is that the last three? numbers 4-6). Though they all agreed the acting was substandard, but most everything else makes up for it.

It's deffinately on my to-see list. The first STAR WARS was the first movie I ever saw.... when I was 6 months old. I figure I GOTTA see the last one in theaters too now.

FifteenFive.com
NESBA CR, WERA #155
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sportbikerchic  
Unread
  (#8)
Happiness Consultant

May 19, 2005, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikerchic
No comments on the wookie army?! That's all I heard about on the radio.

The newspaper article I read called this the best of all six movies. That's high praise considering the first three (or is that the last three? numbers 4-6). Though they all agreed the acting was substandard, but most everything else makes up for it.
comments on wookie army....NO BFD. Just a bunch of Chewbaccas running around howling and shooting up the droid army. Then when the betrayal happens they all get effed.

best of all 6?! hard to say, Empire Strikes Back is hard to contend with, at least in ESB, Vader is menacing. In Ep3, my opinion Vader wasn't scary, neither was Anakin, I actually just thought he was being arrogant and at some times insolent. Dont get me wrong, he is a total bastard for some of the evil shit he does here, but Vader is supposed to be scary and he isn't Ep3 is better then Ep2 and 1 tho.

I guess the acting just disappointed me, its pretty sad that Frank Oz with his arm jammed up a green puppet's ass is more convincing as Yoda then HC is as Anakin/Vader.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this
Unread
  (#9)
( * )|( * )

May 19, 2005, 07:19 PM

Here ya go!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#10)
noise

May 19, 2005, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikerchic
The first STAR WARS was the first movie I ever saw.... when I was 6 months old. I figure I GOTTA see the last one in theaters too now.
Funny, that was the 1st movie I saw too....IT WAS AWESOME for a 6 yr old!
Unread
  (#11)
Track Whore

May 19, 2005, 11:07 PM

Dude you're OLD!!!!

FifteenFive.com
NESBA CR, WERA #155
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sportbikerchic  
Unread
  (#12)
One and Only

May 19, 2005, 11:51 PM

I used to wonder why Ed never gets laid.

The I read this.

The I understood.

But then...Rob saw it too.

Rob gets poon.

Guess it's just Ed.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#13)
Happiness Consultant

May 20, 2005, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody
I used to wonder why Ed never gets laid.

The I read this.

The I understood.

But then...Rob saw it too.

Rob gets poon.

Guess it's just Ed.

you crawled back out from under that rock when? and you spent what..a year crying and wallowing in your worthlessness under that rock? instead of wasting peoples time with your worthless posts, why dont you go find some integrity...lets not go into what I mean unless you want me too.

STFU Lee, you know squat about me.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this
Unread
  (#14)
Meh

May 20, 2005, 01:09 AM

sense a little bad blood I do....
Unread
  (#15)
Licensed Rider

May 20, 2005, 06:13 AM

Only thing that kind of fudged me was i thought Yoda was supposed to be the shiznizzle. I mean he was supposed to be Jedi Supreme, but the little green guy had tough times with the Emperor. While Sam Jackson was kickin emperor azz on a king kong scale until beotch azz cry baby Anakin came in for the threesome to fudge up the battle. I mean Windu went out like a champ... I aint that big a fan so i dont know if the master Yoda was stronger than Windu. Thought ti was cool ho wYoda became a Padawan to Qui-Gon Jinn.

"Lightsaber, when you absolutely have to kill every fucker in the room, excpet no substitutions"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Azraely2k