DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 587
5 members and 582 guests
BigDaddyShoo, BlackHatch, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
STOP BITCHING ABOUT GAS ....
Unread
  (#1)
Happiness Consultant

Thumbs down STOP BITCHING ABOUT GAS .... - April 27, 2006, 02:27 PM

and start worrying about our economy cos we're are so close to being fucked

here's why.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...0.asp?GT1=8007

Quote:
Energy acquisition is a zero-sum game in which there are winners and losers. Any new energy that China obtains for its fast-growing economy is unavailable to us forever. So you just have to wonder whether the United States' antipathy for dealing with the worst of the world's rogue states has led inexorably to $4-a-gallon gasoline this spring.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#2)
Typical Stripper

April 27, 2006, 02:33 PM

Is this new news?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

April 27, 2006, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Is America too ethical to have cheap gasoline?
I think so.......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#4)
Track Ho

April 27, 2006, 02:37 PM

I am working on my salami powered motorcycle rocket fuel

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm so tired

April 27, 2006, 02:38 PM

I'm not bitching about the gas...hell, I like gas. I dont have a problem with the gas. What I do have a problem with is the "price" of the gas. But then, what do I have to bitch about. I'm the one that bought the biggest damn truck I could find.

Next complaint....please come forward....

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#6)
rushin' the waves

April 27, 2006, 02:38 PM

WWIII

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../TinyTWAT2.jpg

'03 600rr Track and Street (SOLD)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to mybabyninja82  
Unread
  (#7)
I am awesome

April 27, 2006, 02:42 PM

I'll start bitching when we are paying European prices for gas. If I can't afford the $65 to fill up my pickup I take the bike or the metro. Though I still remember in '99 when I started driving to school prices were less than a dollar. Ah, the good ol' days
Unread
  (#8)
I got dis!

April 27, 2006, 02:45 PM

Meh no need for me to bitch about gas. My gas guzzler only gets used on the rarest of occasions, my primary vehicle gets good gas mileage, and I have a whopping 15 minute commute.

- Matt

Quoted from AIM. A conversation with Dwight about him and Ben.
"cpsdwight: i couldnt believe that i was keeping him up"

Harvey - "I can't date fat chicks man, there's just too much material there. Someone's gotta be thin in the relationship and it's obviously not me."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnfiend Send a message via AIM to Drgnfiend  
Unread
  (#9)
I am at two with nature

April 27, 2006, 02:46 PM

My issue is with the profits that the large oil companies are making -

Exxon Mobil Corp. posted record profits for any U.S. company on Monday — $10.71 billion for the fourth quarter and $36.13 billion for the year — as the world’s biggest publicly traded oil company benefited from high oil and natural-gas prices and solid demand for refined products.
The results exceeded Wall Street expectations and Exxon shares rose more than 3 percent in afternoon trading.
The company’s earnings amounted to $1.71 per share for the October-December quarter, up 27 percent from $8.42 billion, or $1.30 per share, in the year ago quarter. The result topped the then-record quarterly profit of $9.92 billion Exxon posted in the third quarter of 2005.

Jeff

Last edited by Vega; April 27, 2006 at 03:09 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Vega  
Unread
  (#10)
Officially Addicted to Posting

April 27, 2006, 02:48 PM

I'm not following you Ed. How are we fucked?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#11)
B
It goes to 11.

April 27, 2006, 03:05 PM

Remember a few facts:

1) Gas is no more expensive to drill than it was in '99 at 79 cents a gallon
2) Someone is reaping all the profits for gas being 4X more expensive per refined gallon
3) There IS no fuel shortage at this time, that is hype based on projected availibility
4) We are pissing off the people who sell crude oil, yes, but we are not pissing off the refinerys and suppliers who are profiting from this hike. They are taking advantage of "projected" supply vs demand to hang us over a barrel.
5) The people who produce and profit from oil price increase don't care that it's up (profit)
6) The greenies who fight global contamination and want money for alternative fuel don't care that it's up (point)

The average joe has no one protecting him from gas hikes.

Further more America DOES NOT do business with "evil" people and therefor either has to meddle with them or will not accept business.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#12)
Ride fast, ride safe

April 27, 2006, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyninja82
WWIII
Actually....yeah, probably. It'll have to come to that eventually.

Silver '04 CBR1000RR
"It's for freedom that He set us free."
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...4/1_honda2.jpg
Unread
  (#13)
Happiness Consultant

April 27, 2006, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
Is this new news?
not if you've been paying attention to the real news and not just the news about people bitching about high gas prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyJ
I'll start bitching when we are paying European prices for gas.
its coming, Mocaba mentioned how in his native Ireland its 1.20 a litre. Thats 4.80 a gallon. On my way home I passed a gas station that said the Regular was 2.99 so we aren't far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega
My issue is with the profits that the large oil companies are making -
Economics 101. I didn't pay attention but I did learn about supply and demand. YOU WANT IT THEY HAVE IT. A lot of the points Ben brought up in his post basically say this and they don't care what we have to pay because they are making the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rddy
I'm not following you Ed. How are we fucked?
100% right Dave, I miswrote. What I really meant was our potential for being a FUCKED country is very high.

Basically, the whole article explained to me how China and their fast growing economy is quickly turning them into a World Superpower. As they grow stronger, the more their demand for energy resources will be. All of a sudden, we have a strong country to compete for all the foreign oil.

Then factor in that China owns our debt, read that as owns us, and our economy sucks == US

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyninja82
WWIII
we'd lose if we had to go against China ... period. I'm not 100% sure about the their armed forces vs. ours but I was talking with a friend one day that mentioned a six to one ratio. so if our armed forces were 500,000 people there's is 3 million. Those odds suck when you factor in the fact that they own our debt and we import a shload of consumer products from them. They would crush us economically before we even got a troops lined up. So a big thank you to Mr. Nixon is in order for making sure we aren't on China's list.

And lets not forget India, home to another billion people and a thriving economy. Once these countries get their infrastructure figured out (our infrastructure is what has made the US so great, thank you Mr. Eisenhower) we are in even more trouble because the competition for oil will greatly increase as their demands (China/India) increase.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
Unread
  (#14)
Brainwash Your Face!

April 27, 2006, 06:36 PM

What I find amusing is when President Hu Jintao was here last week he met with big corp's such as Microsoft and Exxon before meeting with Bush.

So what are your thoughts (directed to everyone) on the Exxon exec's retirement amounts?

Pat yourseleves on the back for that one...captialism is about supply and demand but when the middle class, living paycheck to paycheck folk begin to suffer so someone can retire with a $400 milliion package on top of thier crazy salaries, something has to give...

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#15)
Happiness Consultant

April 27, 2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00
What I find amusing is when President Hu Jintao was here last week he met with big corp's such as Microsoft and Exxon before meeting with Bush.
that is funny, I read that as Jintao meeting with the puppeteers before meeting with the puppet.

money still makes the world go round.

Quote:
So what are your thoughts (directed to everyone) on the Exxon exec's retirement amounts?
I think its , but he has 400 million reasons not to give a

Quote:
Pat yourseleves on the back for that one...captialism is about supply and demand but when the middle class, living paycheck to paycheck folk begin to suffer so someone can retire with a $400 milliion package on top of thier crazy salaries, something has to give...
the working class has been getting since the founding of this country and its up to the working class (middle class, living paycheck to paycheck folk) to change this trend.

but when they are crying about gas prices and worried about Iran having nukes instead of worrying about our debt being owned by China and our stagnating economy, the need for reform that should be communicated to our leaders (Congress, President) doesn't get communicated and nothing changes.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this