DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 583
5 members and 578 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, HenryW, Slider, superchickencornermonster
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Switching from Comcast to FIOS
Unread
  (#1)
Super Moderator

Switching from Comcast to FIOS - October 22, 2007, 02:16 PM

Looks like they finally installed FIOS atmy house. Its about 35.00 cheaper than Comcast. Plus, everything is on one bill.

Comments? Pros? Cons?

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#2)
Lucky to be alive.

October 22, 2007, 02:20 PM

$35 cheaper? How?

I've been pondering switching, but it would be more for me. Also, the base package (5mb) seems like it would be slower than cable.

Travis
1995 YZF 600 R
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ProDarwin  
Unread
  (#3)
No bike, jus here 4 drama

October 22, 2007, 02:23 PM

I just switched.. I got the base speed (5mb), and it's about the same, I didn't notice a drop or gain in speed. If you get the DVR, it includes the high def signal, and you don't have to pay extra for the router, like Comcrap. The router is wireless as well.. so you've got an instant hotzone for your laptop. The remote and DVR function is better overall as well. and I am saving about 25 or 30 bucks per month...

"Spin"
Blue '07 R1 (CRASHED RIP)
Sponsored by Winchester Orthopedics

Not responsible if anything I say causes you to kill yourself.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Super Moderator

October 22, 2007, 02:24 PM

My new billwillbe about 143.00 with tax for everything. My comcast cable bill was about 160.00. And speed dependson who is using your network in the neighborhood.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#5)
Super Moderator

October 22, 2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatspin
I just switched.. I got the base speed (5mb), and it's about the same, I didn't notice a drop or gain in speed. If you get the DVR, it includes the high def signal, and you don't have to pay extra for the router, like Comcrap. The router is wireless as well.. so you've got an instant hotzone for your laptop. The remote and DVR function is better overall as well. and I am saving about 25 or 30 bucks per month...
I have one Hi Def TV and one regular..How long did they take to install everything?

-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
Unread
  (#6)
No bike, jus here 4 drama

October 22, 2007, 02:28 PM

They showed up the day after I called them (I think I scored a cancellation slot). There was some rewiring to be done at the box for the homerun system, so it took about an hour, but the service guy was great. Very friendly, and actually turned out to be a sport rider.. we talked about Summit Point and stuff while he was working. I've been very pleased with the service so far.. and I just like the idea of sticking it to Comcast. They are the suck.

"Spin"
Blue '07 R1 (CRASHED RIP)
Sponsored by Winchester Orthopedics

Not responsible if anything I say causes you to kill yourself.
Unread
  (#7)
What's today? aah fuck it

October 22, 2007, 02:29 PM

how the hell is it cheaper? i don't know any prices, but i know the increase in capability and I would've thought that would mean more expensive.

I passed Econ test once!
Unread
  (#8)
Super Moderator

October 22, 2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
how the hell is it cheaper? i don't know any prices, but i know the increase in capability and I would've thought that would mean more expensive.

I passed Econ test once!
My last Comcast bill was 165.00 after taxes. My bill after taxes with verizon he said was going to be 140.00. I know not much but my cable bill goes up ALL THE TIME!

Also, more channells, one bill...

-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
Unread
  (#9)
Lucky to be alive.

October 22, 2007, 02:39 PM

I'll have to check our bill (I just moved). But where I was before Cable+Internet was like $75. I don't have high-def (I don't really watch TV), and we already have 2 wireless routers. How much is just internet?

Travis
1995 YZF 600 R
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ProDarwin  
Unread
  (#10)
It is what it is!

October 22, 2007, 02:40 PM

My parents just got it....I think its sweet!

Can't wait till FIOS is available to Haymarket!

2007 Triumph Daytona 675
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tornado675  
Unread
  (#11)
AMA Superbike Champ

October 22, 2007, 02:41 PM

FIOS isnt available in my area but as soon as it is I AM SWITCHING........ A lot of my friends and my parents have it........ The major plus is that it is CHEAPER than Comcast....... Plus to have everything on one bill is perfect.........

http://twitter.com/Aboogie301

RIP Weezie aka GODSON............

Unread
  (#12)
Nothing here

October 22, 2007, 02:49 PM

It is cheaper! The bundle packages is what saves the money. I was paying about $45 more a month for worse service. FIOS rocks the socks.
Unread
  (#13)
Being nice :)

October 22, 2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom

I passed Econ test once!
COMPETITION, COMPETITION, COMPETITION...good for us the com$umer$.

Take it from this VZ Fiber head, if you can get FiOS, then pounce on it! I unfortunately can't, its not available in my area.

Vz has promised the world to Wall Street with this FiOS. They're willing to take a hit now by lowering prices below their competitor's rates in order to gain long-term customers. This FiOS is not projected to turn a profit until years and years from now.

They, and really all Telecom co.s are scrambling for customers, which obviously favors us.

PM me if you're serious about getting the best rate on Vz FiOS.
You'll skip the need to haggle with the sales consultant who depends mostly on comission.

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#14)
What's today? aah fuck it

October 22, 2007, 03:32 PM

u bet ur ass we're switching as soon as its avail here

You can't put a price on NO LAG!!
Unread
  (#15)
Retired to most ...

October 22, 2007, 03:45 PM

I've got it at my place and it fuckin rocks! My bill is like $118.00 a month for everything. I have no complaints.

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR