DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 507
0 members and 507 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Tahiti pix (56K, dont even try)
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

Tahiti pix (56K, dont even try) - November 22, 2006, 02:07 PM

I wont put them all up just b/c there is so dang many pix.
IF you want to see the slideshow all the ones i barfed up to the net, click below. I still have a ton i didnt even upload.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...slideshow=true

Start out with some of the shots I took of the sunset in Panama city on the last night before heading to LA.

LA was great for a night. We stayed in the Celeberty Hotel, right around the corner from the chinese theater in holywood.
We took the rental car to venice (muscle) beach to watch all the wacos.
Had to stop at the highly recommended IN and OUT burger and I will say i will agree that their burgers are top notch for fast food. Very good!

Then we drove around Beverly Hills at night, looking at the big houses.
The moon was over the buildings that was just awsome, so i snapped a few pix on the tripod. I got funny looks for standing in the meadian of the road with my tripod

After looking at all the houses, my pix were coming out terrible. This one house had around 20 ferrari's parked out front. No lights were on in the house, so i dont think it was a party, i think it was just an obsessed buyer.

These pix sucked too b/c the security light kept coming on when i got near the gate as well as the camera, so this was the best shot of them all:
But DAYUMM!!

Plane that flew us from LA to Tahiti. About 8 hour flight

First night was in Tahiti. Some shots around the hotel and of the island:

Hammocs where everywhere on each of the islands. We took full advantage:

The island off in the distance is Morea, that was where our next hotel was:

There were a bunch of finch's flying everyere on this island. Didnt see any on the other islands:

Cheese:

Took a very small plane to get over to the next island. 8 minute flight.

First hotel room(beach bungalow) on the island of morea. We were there for 3 nights/4 days:

Sites around the bungalow and hotel

Posing shots:

Night shots:

We went to the Tahitian Tiki village show. The bussed you over there, fed you, and then the show.

First arrival, i took these shots:

Unearthing the PIT:

Making the women dance, followed by the men:

Then the show:

Obligatory pix with the dancers:

We then rented a scooter to travel around the island, buy some pearls, and to get to the top of the lookout point. Lisa did NOT like riding on the back of the scooter. It was delivery day for the island, so many many trucks were on the road kicking up dirt/rocks at us..

4 night/5 days on the island of bora bora. Everyone speaks french b/c this is French polynesia. I knew enough french from high school and my grandmother to get me by on the first two islands, but bora bora is a 45 min flight away from the main islands of tahiti and morea.. So on bora bora, there is not a whole lot of english going on. The island is small and most of the hotels are on the outer ring about a mile offshore of the island.

I did scuba diving on both islands. Morea was more fun b/c there were sharks, a sea turtle and other things nearby. We could even hear the humpback whale songs, but never saw them.

On bora bora, we did the shark/sting wray feeding tour. It was very cool. Boat ride around the entire island. (best way to see it) and the feedings were fun.

EVERYTHING is rediculously expensive. 35/person for breakfast buffet. 60/person for dinner buffet. It went up if you did a menu dinner/lunch. Pizza's were 30 bucks for 8 small slices..

If you are a picky eater like we were, you can survive with the same food, but only for so long. We would try the different foods, fish, etc. But mostly we ate, potatoes, rice, and other things here and there.

IF you are a world traveler and love trying new foods, then you wouldt have a problem with this place.

We had a great time, but would probably only go there once in our lifetime. Soo many other places in the world to visit.

So here are the bora bora pix

Boat ride from airport to hotel:

Premium overwater bungalow. View of bora bora. VEry cool room. Waaaay out over the water meant a long walk from the beach/main hotel.

Sunset cruise on a small boat:

The only major rain we got was on the last day there. By then we were ready to go anyway. One morning it was raining on the island, but not where we were:

Our only trip to the main island was to goto the famous Bloddy Mary's restaurant. It was a welcome change to the food we were having. They dont have a menu, they show you what they caught for the day and then they grill up what you pick out. Very cool.

Lisa was very happy that they knew how to make american dacari's. The restaurnat is american owned.

Well if your computer hasn't blown up by now, ill conclude with some night shots of the hotel. The last night we moved to a beach bungalow. The hotel had an innter lagoon feed by the ocean, so that in itelf made for cool snorkling every day. It only got about 5 feet deep at most. Since it is egg laying season for the sea turtles we had the rare opportunity to see a large male and female sea turtle swimming there.

The hotel has a rescue area for sea turtles. Tahitian history is to eat sea turtles. B/c they are becoming extinct, the facility is educating the children of tahiti to not eat them any more. Every morning you could see the turtle feeding of the dozen or so baby turtles. 1- 4 years old. The dont lay eggs until I think 30 years old. Also big money in sea turtles. Locals could buy a brand new boat if they capture 2 or 3 large ones. Its a big deal over there.

So ill conclude with some night shots of the hotel.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury

Last edited by spud; November 22, 2006 at 02:10 PM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
Officially Addicted to Posting

November 22, 2006, 02:37 PM

you got some really nice shots in there
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
ISO a Sugar Mama

November 22, 2006, 02:48 PM

Amazing pix!!!
Giving lessons?

"Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us." Dragula.

Canon shooter
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Rolex006  
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

November 22, 2006, 02:49 PM

ha, im still a NOOB to taking pix. There are plenty of folks on here who know more than me.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

November 22, 2006, 04:44 PM

crazy nice pics Alex Fuck Greece I want to go here
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#6)
This Ain't My First Time!

November 22, 2006, 07:07 PM

All I can say is the helmet you are wearing on that scooter is pimp!!! hhahaha!! Looks like you are haing a nice time. Very nice pictures. Congrats.

OVER? did you say "Over"? Nothing is over until we decide its over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!!!

~Blutarski~

Dodge131:
If your goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem.

Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

November 22, 2006, 07:28 PM

Amazing Pics...glad you guys had a good time
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to java927  
Unread
  (#8)
Former Rock Star

November 22, 2006, 08:31 PM

Alex it's 34 degrees and raining here posting those is just mean dude!!
Dayum I'm even more impressed how high the resolution is and some
are better than ones in National Geo. Seriously. The one where the dude
is on his back obviously lighting his fart with the tiki torch is priceless, and again
so clear you can see singed butt hairs. Impressive photography.

"there can't be 2 number 1's, that'd be 11!"
~Eric
(The Irish Guy) R.I.P
Unread
  (#9)
Asleep at the wheel!

November 23, 2006, 12:53 AM

Wow Alex, it looks like you had an AWESOME time.

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#10)
Super Moderator

November 23, 2006, 01:25 AM

Yay for Alex and Lisa! Glad you guys liked it! Was Bora Bora your favorite? Bloody Mary's kicks ass doesn't it. I know this is an odd question but did you use the bathrooms at Bloody Mary's....friggin weird ass bathrooms, huh? Definitely exotic! Get to do a shark feed or a stingray feed?

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

I'm ADOS: Attention Deficit Oooooohhhhh ... Shiny!!!

Life's a BITCH. 'Cause if it was a slut, it'd be easy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#11)
Bikeless... for now

November 23, 2006, 01:34 AM

cool pic's

My bike run's on snake oil.... thanks to BG.

'06 ZX-6R in blue
'93 Ninja EX500 (sold)
Unread
  (#12)
B
It goes to 11.

November 23, 2006, 09:20 AM

Love the nightshots Alex. It looked lovely, congratulations.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#13)
Site ADMIN

November 27, 2006, 08:17 AM

thanks for the national geo compliment.

Kim, we never went into the bathroom. You should have given me the hint before we left.

I think morea was the best just because there were other things to do on the island besides staying at the hotel. Yeah thats the point, but it really make a difference.

We did the sting wray/shark feeding tour. By far the best thing we did. super fun.

Alex
13 Honda Fury