DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 566
4 members and 562 guests
CCS762ZX6, davidcycle, ReasonableDoubt, RRonin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Take it easy out there this weekend...
Unread
  (#1)
EFI - 07/C2

Take it easy out there this weekend... - May 27, 2012, 10:11 AM

Just saw a message from a WV state trooper working traffic... he said it's like fishing with dynamite...

http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/ - EFI, LLC - Custom Precision Rifles, Gunsmithing, & Machine Gun Rentals

http://www.TankVest.com/ - Attach MOLLE gear to your KLR, KTM, or VStrom gas tank

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her, but once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.
- Voltaire
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

May 27, 2012, 11:01 AM

Yeah even out here there are cops every 2 exits. Can't even go 5 over. They got a hard on for bikes this year thanks to this... freaking idiots said they'll do it this year too and this is what happens.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

May 27, 2012, 06:07 PM

There are a handful of times each year I refuse to ride, and barely even drive, due to both the saturation of police and the number of jackasses on the road.
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
and
- Halloween, but strictly for personal reasons. I have had 2x accidents on this day.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
konichiwa bitches

Location: Over to the left, up a little more....right there!!....FFX
May 27, 2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
Yeah even out here there are cops every 2 exits. Can't even go 5 over. They got a hard on for bikes this year thanks to this... freaking idiots said they'll do it this year too and this is what happens.

DFW Memorial Day Street Stunt Session - I-75 Shut-Down - YouTube
.....and then will complain about how people look at bikers. ;(

XBOX 360 - Neros Lament

"I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass."

http://www.mrsimcard.com/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs  
Unread
  (#5)
What are we doing here???

May 27, 2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
There are a handful of times each year I refuse to ride, and barely even drive, due to both the saturation of police and the number of jackasses on the road.
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
Yeah, they don't let cops take vacation on those days so I stay put. I saw a ton of people pulled over Friday on my way to and from work. Haven't left the house since.

Beauty and The Beast

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

May 28, 2012, 07:42 AM

I'm with Heist on the driving thing. It has been a wonderful weekend for spending time by the pool. Since its gonna be pretty hot today (amazing that summer is hot ain't it) I'll be out back drinking some beer.
Unread
  (#7)
whoa preppy......

May 28, 2012, 08:45 AM

Haven't.touched.my.bike.since.last.week

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

May 28, 2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilingcat View Post
I'm with Heist on the driving thing. It has been a wonderful weekend for spending time by the pool. Since its gonna be pretty hot today (amazing that summer is hot ain't it) I'll be out back drinking some beer.
I took a nice ride out to Haymarket to hit a friend's pool. Soooo many cops Eastbound on 66 with people pulled over. I did a little detour while I was down on 15 and cut over to 17 to hit a few roads. My GPS doesn't know I'm on a bike and loved a few gravel roads. While I was on Blantyre Rd there was an unmarked cruiser just waiting.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)

May 28, 2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFiddyOne View Post
Yeah, they don't let cops take vacation on those days so I stay put. I saw a ton of people pulled over Friday on my way to and from work. Haven't left the house since.
Nice that I can quote myself but I'm doing it to make a point as to how truly dumb I am. My phone rings at 7am this morning and the conversation goes like this......

me: yo, hello? You better be in jail or in the hospital calling me so early on my day off....
best friend: Hey man, I just got an '08 Ducati 1098!!!
me: stop playin on my phone and let me go back to sleep....
friend: no, seriously! Got it last week and I want to take it out on a run
me: Dude, there are cops out like crazy so be careful. I'm going back to bed.
friend: yo man, I'm making a 211 run with (other friend) and we want you to come with...
me: man, didn't I just tell you that the cops are out?!?!
friend: you come out and I will let you take it for a spin
me:............This better not be a joke. I will be at Sheetz in 45 minutes.

Sure enough I pull up and this thing looks like it was just off the showroom floor. Immaculate for having 18k on the odometer and sounds as good as it looks.

Cut to the chase..........

We make it out to 211. Do a couple of passes on the mountain. My buddy is still trying to feel it out but we are doing well. We push it all the way out to 33. Stop for gas and chatted up an English dude on a Harley. It was his first time on 33 and he loved it. At this point, one of my buddies asked if he saw any cops in the area since we had not hit the mountain just yet and dude tells us that he has not seen a cop in 3 days out on the roads.......That was our omen. I should have asked him if he knew what they looked like or perhaps he was riding with his eyes closed maybe? Who knows but we should have gone home then and there.

Well we didn't. We do a couple of passes on the mountain, stopped at Fox's Pizza for lunch (love their weggies, BTW) and head back. By this time, my buddy is really feeling the 1098 and we have picked up the pace considerably....Anyone care to guess what happens next? Yeah, you know it. We clear 33 with not problems and at record speeds. Get to 211 and we are doing our best Rossi, Stoner, Hayden Moto GP impression (I'm Hayden since I'm in the rear) going through the turns probably as fast as I've ever gone in the dozen or so times that I've been on that strip. Going up the hill, I'm in the rear doing 65 in a full lean, stand the bike up, shift up and I'm at 75 in no time.

Coming back down the mountain and we slow a bit but not by much. I'm coming around a corner halfway down and what do I see???? Yep, a grey Crown Vic headed in the other direction. Once he passes and I see his brake lights preping for the U-turn, I motion for the guys in front of me to keep going while I slow down and wait for the inevitable. A minute later, he is in my rear view. I'm doing 40 at this point waiting for him while my buddies are gone. I pull over and the Trooper flies past me to get my friends which he only caught 1 of the 2. I pull over behind the Trooper and hope this dude is in a good mood. The guy was cool about it, chatted us up for a minute all while writing us for 19 over. He did us a favor because "Warp 6 in a 35MPH" doesn't look good on a ticket. Told us that the limit there is 35 now and because of all the casualties (one almost every weekend last year from what he told us), they are cracking down on bikes out there and have one guy assigned to the strip of road. 20 minutes later and $175 poorer, he let us go. We meet up with our 3rd guy (Ducati) and he is on the side of the road chillin' drinking a root beer waiting for us.

What did I learn?.......I should have let the phone go to voicemail this morning..........

Beauty and The Beast

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Unread
  (#10)
No more 1050 :(

May 28, 2012, 10:22 PM

Or you shouldn't have pulled over behind the trooper silly.
Unread
  (#11)
Groping is a skill...

May 28, 2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz1050 View Post
This

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
Unread
  (#12)
RawkStar

May 28, 2012, 10:36 PM

I knew better than to be on the road on the bike when i almost had some close calls in a freaking car. Thats why I went to the track instead.
Unread
  (#13)

May 28, 2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz1050 View Post
The thought crossed my mind for a second and his too....So much so that he got my plate, ran my info and went after my buddy. When I came up on them, he was motioning for me to pull over. He told me that he got my tag info in case I decided to turn around after he passed me so as far as I'm concerned, I did the right thing in pulling over. Who knows what the charges would have been if I didn't........We talk shit about cops on this board a lot but I'm not f'ing with them. Dude was cool about it, cut us major slack and did I mention we were doing nearly triple the speed limit?!?! Yeah, it is a bummer $175 but it could have been worse. I've seen plenty of "Who's the best Lawyer" threads on here and luckily, I'm not in the market for one.

Beauty and The Beast

Last edited by RCFiddyOne; May 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM..
Unread
  (#14)
Derpetologist

May 29, 2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFiddyOne

lol, I say put on these days because everyone and their mother is on vacation.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.