DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
0 members and 553 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Site ADMIN

December 11, 2003, 09:06 AM

Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 8:15 AM
Subject: FW: Target

By Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association

Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event.

We received the following reply from the local TARGET management: "Veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social action groups, gay &lesbian causes, and education."

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general do not meet their donation criteria, then something is really wrong at this TARGET store.
We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I e-mailed the TARGET U.S. corporate headquarters and their response was the same. That's their national policy.

Then I looked into the company further. They will not allow the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their stores. And during the recent Iraq deployment, they would not allow families of employees who were called up for active duty to continue their insurance coverage while they were on military service.

Then as I dug further, TARGET is a French-owned corporation.

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET can not support American Veterans, then why should I and my family support their stores by spending our hard earned American dollars and to have their profits sent to France? Without the American Vets, where would France be today?

Feel free to pass this along to whomever you want.

Sincerely,

Dick Forrey

Veterans helping Veterans

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

December 11, 2003, 09:51 AM

for the info, Alex.

at this point I really dislike the French and have no use for them in my life
now that I've read your post, I have no use for Target, either......

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not
only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public.” -Theodore Roosevelt
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to OneFunR6  
Unread
  (#3)
Site ADMIN

December 11, 2003, 09:59 AM

Not sure if its true or not, but i thought id post for you to make up your own mind.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

December 11, 2003, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFunR6
for the info, Alex.

at this point I really dislike the French and have no use for them in my life
now that I've read your post, I have no use for Target, either......

Believing something without research makes you a follower of false things.

Personally, I don't like Target or Walmart. They are destroyers of small business.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

Don't be so quick to believe anything you find on the net. Especially when it features a certain last name (though spelt differently)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
old fat and slow

December 11, 2003, 03:11 PM

not to take targets side but this was posted over on the nesba board a while ago and someone over there posted the reply by target s to the reason they refused a donation... i cant remember exactly what it was but it had something to do with the guy who asked for it not having his paperwork right then just going off to the paper to cry about it. they posted that if they got the paperwork correct they would donate but it had to come from corperate due to the ammount requested.

MissS:no now!!!

bambam nope you said i have a few hours

MissS: I changed my mind

bambam: see MissS: well, you have a few hours

MissS: I'm a female, allowed to do it
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to bambam  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

December 12, 2003, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy6
Don't be so quick to believe anything you find on the net. Especially when it features a certain last name (though spelt differently)
I was trusting Alex to check the accuracy/truth of what he posted.
He then posted a disclaimer, after I had made my post.

If you had posted this, I never would have believed it in the 1st place!

but it's all good, I no longer give a sh*t about the "other" guy, anyway....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not
only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public.” -Theodore Roosevelt
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to OneFunR6  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

December 12, 2003, 08:33 AM

Uh huh.....suuuuuuuuuuuuuure....

Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

December 12, 2003, 08:42 AM

Here's the kicker that flags it right away....

Quote:
Subject: FW: Target

99% of the stuff that gets forwarded is horseshit. People want reasons to have an opinion on something. Rather than read about something from multiple independant sources, these emails are the cliff notes version of something that piques our interest. 30 second read and BAM! We can all align against an perceived enemy of what is good. No matter that our perception is skewed or completely false.

I'm guilty of the same thing. I am not knocking Alex at all. I am glad he wants to pass info like this alond. I have posted stuff that turned out to be completely false a more than one occaision. The trick is to be able to tell truth from deception and never forward this crap to other people. Because of those stupid virus hoaxes all of my knucklehead lusers emailed to one another cost me 20 hours in unpaid overtime. Sheeple.
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

December 12, 2003, 09:17 AM

Damn it. My girlfriend quoted the snopes article to me right after I posted... That's what I get for not reading things.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ThrustinJZX6  
Unread
  (#10)
Richard Cranium

December 12, 2003, 09:38 AM

Hey spud, if you want some cash donations pm me....starbucks is into alot of anything, Ill get you the info if your still looking.

05 HEMI WK
09 M109R