DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 571
0 members and 571 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Tattoo Hunter (278 on DirecTV)
Unread
  (#1)
Nubbs ban yourself!

Tattoo Hunter (278 on DirecTV) - March 28, 2009, 12:50 PM

Has anyone seen this. I am watching it now and he is trying to get a "Magical Tatto" in Thailand.
He first spent 10 days learning to ride the elephants with the Mahouts to understand the dangers they go through and how the tattoo protects them.
The munk says he still isn't ready as he needs to learn the Buddist commandments and spends the day learning humility.
More than just a tattoo show, it shows th meaning and culture behind what they mean to the people who get them.

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

March 28, 2009, 01:04 PM

Yep I watched it a couple of times. He is a one tough whitey. I saw one episode in Hawaii where he got some traditional tattoos which looked extremely painful. Then there was one where you got the tattoo stitched on to your skin with a needle made of a bunch of enter/exit wounds

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Nubbs ban yourself!

March 28, 2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
Yep I watched it a couple of times. He is a one tough whitey. I saw one episode in Hawaii where he got some traditional tattoos which looked extremely painful. Then there was one where you got the tattoo stitched on to your skin with a needle made of a bunch of enter/exit wounds
Ouch, the tat he got on this episode looked pretty painful.
They use a long needle and do it all by hand, no machine like us pussy americans use LOL!
It goes all the way across the top of his back and kind of made the Mahouts a little jealous, if a true Buddist actually gets jealous!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#4)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

March 28, 2009, 02:57 PM

I don't know if it's the same show,but some guy was traveling the world researching tat's.There was one where they did it with a hammer type device.It was a primitive village and the guy was tapping on a needle with a hammer....I cringed at every strike.

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Unread
  (#5)
Nubbs ban yourself!

March 28, 2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H5OH View Post
I don't know if it's the same show,but some guy was traveling the world researching tat's.There was one where they did it with a hammer type device.It was a primitive village and the guy was tapping on a needle with a hammer....I cringed at every strike.
I think it is the same show and it sounds like Hawaii type tat's. Those are known to actually kill and many will suffer temps for days afterwards.
The inks ingredients in Thailand are secret but some contain snake venum and even the skin of dead tattoo artists.

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
-Benjamin Franklin