DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 604
3 members and 601 guests
2blueyam, fxc3700, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ted Nugent on gun control
Unread
  (#1)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
Ted Nugent on gun control - April 20, 2007, 09:29 PM

Nugent: Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster

POSTED: 9:51 p.m. EDT, April 20, 2007

var clickExpire = "-1";By Ted Nugent
Special to CNN

Adjust font size:

Editor's note: Rock guitarist Ted Nugent has sold more than 30 million albums. He's also a gun rights activist and serves on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association. His program, "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild," can be seen on the Outdoor Channel.

Read an opposing take on gun control from journalist Tom Plate:
Let's lay down our right to bear arms
WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.
Anybody see what theevil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.
Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.
A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.
At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.
More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.
My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.
She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.
No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.
Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.
Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.
Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun ban. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.
Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?
I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.
Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)

April 20, 2007, 10:23 PM

Well written. Tough to debate right now - everyone wants to blame some one other than one fucked up individual who should have been a man and ate the bullet solo in the dorm room that morning.

The gun control debate will rage for a while - I will be curious to see where VA comes down on it. From what I gathered, that ass hat Cho should not have been able to buy a gun - so there appears to be some flaws at the State level.
Ironically, I think this debate will roll one way or the other based on the Virginia families who lost loved ones. "Gun free zones" could be a thing of the past, and every citizen would have the opportunity to defend themselves.
Or, VA could start knocking on doors to collect guns from all of us; but I think that would end up in a bunch of Waco visions...would make the 24 hour news channels happy, though.
Unread
  (#3)
singin sweet home alabama

April 20, 2007, 10:48 PM

Bad time to debate this issue.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#4)
Site Admin

April 20, 2007, 10:51 PM

very well written.
Unread
  (#5)
God of the Gaps

April 21, 2007, 12:29 AM

Fuck Ted Nugent
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
You betcha

April 21, 2007, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripes
Fuck Ted Nugent

Why?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yellowsv  
Unread
  (#7)
Knarly Adventurer

April 21, 2007, 05:40 AM

Seriously...why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripes
Fuck Ted Nugent

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
Unread
  (#8)
Knarly Adventurer

April 21, 2007, 05:48 AM

This may seem like a bad time to debate gun control, but it actually is not. When something like the VA Tech thing happeneds everyone wants to start up the control movement and decide what guns laws could stop this kind of thing.

This is when pro-gunners and more importantly pro-conceal carry groups need to ralley. The point that people need to understand is that no gun law will, would, or could stop this! This was already a "gun free zone" remember. The only thing that could stop this is another individual with a gun! Thats right people... believe it or not... fewer gun laws would have limited the number of cusualties. Preventing law biding individuals from having any means to defend themselves is not going to stop gun crimes.

Everytime you cook up...a little boy gets crushed by a bridge. -JTG40cal

2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2009 Scrambler SOLD
2007 ZX14 SOLD
2005 R1 SOLD
1999 ZRX SOLD
1996 FZR SOLD
Unread
  (#9)
whats in your drink?

April 22, 2007, 10:28 PM

The Nuge may be a bit to the left on some things. However he can do something very few people in this world can do. That is live off of his own land. Not on anybody elses and never has to go to the store if he doesnt want to.

That gnarly ass Bronco would be his only downfall till he can change it over to biofuel use.

X
Unread
  (#10)
Site Admin

April 23, 2007, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjester
This may seem like a bad time to debate gun control, but it actually is not. When something like the VA Tech thing happeneds everyone wants to start up the control movement and decide what guns laws could stop this kind of thing.

This is when pro-gunners and more importantly pro-conceal carry groups need to ralley. The point that people need to understand is that no gun law will, would, or could stop this! This was already a "gun free zone" remember. The only thing that could stop this is another individual with a gun! Thats right people... believe it or not... fewer gun laws would have limited the number of cusualties. Preventing law biding individuals from having any means to defend themselves is not going to stop gun crimes.
much agreed

PS...Miss America likes guns too!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18237342/?GT1=9246

Last edited by flipnduc; April 23, 2007 at 12:38 AM..
Unread
  (#11)
Nothing here

April 23, 2007, 09:10 AM

Okay, I throw this out there. VT is/was a gun free zone on "that" day. What if a student or instructor had ignored this ban and carried, been in the right place at the wrong time and put an end to the rampage? Would that individual then be brought up on charges, feeling the wrath of the Common Wealth and the education boards? Or would he/she be given a free skate pass as common sense would suggest?

I'm a proud gun owner and supporter of our rights, but not sure if common sense would prevail when needed in a situation like that.
Unread
  (#12)
whats in your drink?

April 23, 2007, 09:17 AM

Thats a good one for Guzz. I think VA. statutes would over rule local laws on this one. Sure as hell a jury would.

X
Unread
  (#13)
Go Team Venture!!!

April 23, 2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:

+1000, if crimials know you are carrying they will think twice about taking action against someone. Didn't the Florida crime rate go down when they legalized the carry of guns for everyone?

"Whore Force One" pilot
The Whitest of White Boys
Not 40 yet!
The Force is strong in this one
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Send a message via AIM to Jedi Send a message via MSN to Jedi  
Unread
  (#14)
BE ENCOURAGED!

April 23, 2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madali
Okay, I throw this out there. VT is/was a gun free zone on "that" day. What if a student or instructor had ignored this ban and carried, been in the right place at the wrong time and put an end to the rampage? Would that individual then be brought up on charges, feeling the wrath of the Common Wealth and the education boards? Or would he/she be given a free skate pass as common sense would suggest?

I'm a proud gun owner and supporter of our rights, but not sure if common sense would prevail when needed in a situation like that.
Presently students and employees who want to keep guns on campus must store them at the Virginia Tech Police Department. Anyone caught carrying a firearm onto campus will be asked to remove it immediately. Failure to comply could result in university disciplinary action against students and employees and trespassing charges against anyone else.

While it is NOT illegal for a college or university student with a Concealed Handgun Permit to carry in Virginia, they could get expelled (or fired if a teacher). And that is a severe enough financial penalty that students don't want to take the chance.

Students & Teachers caught violating the school policy could be called before the university's internal judicial affairs system, which has wide discretion in handing down penalties ranging from a reprimand, expulsion and/or termination.

Most public colleges in Virginia ban or restrict guns on campus. But the root of that authority is murky.

Virginia law already prohibits students or visitors from carrying guns onto the grounds of public and private K-12 schools. The state also prohibits concealed weapons in courthouses, places of worship during a service, jails and on any private property where the owner has posted a "no guns" notice. State employees are barred from possessing guns while at work unless needed for their job.

But Virginia code is silent on guns and public colleges and bills brought before the house committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety by the Virginia Citizens Defense League seeking to give college governing boards the authority to regulate or "allow" firearms on campus died in committee during this year's General Assembly session.

If you would like to read the failed proposed bill #1572 here is the link:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...061+ful+HB1572

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?

Last edited by GUZZ; April 23, 2007 at 10:14 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#15)
God of the Gaps

April 23, 2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Seriously...why?
Because he's an asshole in general, and his article is in poor taste. Here are the problems I have with it:
  • He refers to groups with opinions that don't line up with his as "anti-gun cults"
  • Refers to the Brady act as "evil". Actually refers to the "Brady Campaign". As this was somewhat headed/driven by James Brady, is it safe to assume he thinks James Brady is evil too? The guy got shot in the head, but he's not allowed to think that access to firearms should be a little more restrictive? Would Nugent call a MADD mother whose child was killed by a drunk driver evil because maybe he likes to drink a 6 pack while driving down the road in his pickup truck?
  • Blames the deaths not on the crazy people who actually did the shooting, but on the people who don't want guns on their property, which is well within their rights.
  • Wants to see America thrown back to the days when everyone wore a gun on their hip.
Personally I'll take my chances with my children's gun free school zone. I don't have a problem with people owning guns, and if you meet the requirements for the state you live in getting a ccw and carrying. If you do carry though, nobody is forcing you to go onto any property that doesn't allow firearms. You have the choice/option not go anyplace you're not allowed to hug your gun. I personally don't see the need to own/carry, and have never found myself in a situation where I wished I had a gun. That's not from lack of trying either. I've been a lot of places, and seen a lot of things. Some kids need to carry around that favorite stuffed animal or security blanket for awhile. My kids grew out of that when they were 4/5, but I guess some folks never do. Just trade in the blanket for some iron.

Fuck Ted Nugent. I hope he shoots himself in the foot with an arrow. Or gets cancer. Ideally, he'll shoot himself with an arrow, and while at the doctor getting patched up they'll discover that he has cancer. Of the balls. Ball cancer, that's what I wish on Ted Nugent.

Also, please don't try that whole "we don't need new gun laws, we just need to enforce the ones on the books" bullshit argument. There was no law to stop a certified crazy person from legally purchasing a gun. I think that's a problem. If you don't then shame on you.

D'oh! Edited, had Bill instead of James! lol

Last edited by Cripes; April 23, 2007 at 08:20 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to