DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 539
5 members and 534 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, Toecutter, vonstallin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Tempur-Pedic vs. Sleep Number
Unread
  (#1)
I just peed a little

Tempur-Pedic vs. Sleep Number - July 26, 2007, 10:25 AM

We're getting a new mattress, but we can't decide between the Tempur-Pedic or the Sleep Number. Does anyone have either of these or have any useful opinions? Comments? Thoughts? Discuss.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Monkey Send a message via AIM to Monkey Send a message via Skype™ to Monkey 
Unread
  (#2)
Site Admin

July 26, 2007, 10:27 AM

i've heard great things about tempur pedic. only downfall is you get hot easily when you sleep, it might not be for you.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
06 GSXR 750

July 26, 2007, 10:28 AM

I hear sleep number is the way to go.

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to VMIGIXXER  
Unread
  (#4)
Officially a Ninja

July 26, 2007, 10:29 AM

Each has their pros and cons. Temp is comfy but can form to your body after a while and you end up with lumps (plus the heat thing is no bien). Sleep # is nice, albeit expensive. It runs off ur electric bill though. Plus you have to by one of the more expensive ones so you dont have that constant hum of the motor in your room..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to bluebusa07  
Unread
  (#5)
Nothing here

July 26, 2007, 10:31 AM

If I had to choose from those I would go with the sleep number, but you left out one terrific option that surpasses them both.

The Coin Op Magic Fingers Beds!
Unread
  (#6)
Site Admin

July 26, 2007, 10:32 AM

or try costco - novaform..sp? their version of tempurpedic. if you dont like it return it within 90 days
Unread
  (#7)
BE ENCOURAGED!

July 26, 2007, 10:33 AM

Denyse bought us a King Size sleep number bed about 5 years ago and love it. We had been in a waterbed for about 10 years prior.

You will be amazed at how many body pains you had when you no longer wake up with them.

The sleep number is a bit pricy. If I remember our pillow top cost us about $2500 delivered, but in my opinion, it has paid for itself.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#8)
Site Admin

July 26, 2007, 10:43 AM

http://angelbeds.com/
Unread
  (#9)
Site Owner

July 26, 2007, 10:59 AM

I got some expensive ass mattress from Mattress Discounters and it is friggin awesome. Dont need any of that newfangled dial-a-bed crap.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#10)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

July 26, 2007, 11:08 AM

I'm proud owner of the dial-a-bed Sleep Number. We bought one of the more expensive versions with the quiet motor (only uses electricity when you adjust your bed, so that's not a valid objection) and pillow top.

It is modular, so if any one part of it breaks, you just replace that one part. It will never get lumpy or misshapen. I can adjust the firmness, and he can adjust his... I normally try to adjust the firmness so he'll stop migrating to my side of the bed during the night, but I haven't found that perfect number...

I think my Sleep Number bed is wonderful. My parents tried it out and decided it was too hot for them, but I don't know what model they tried.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
Unread
  (#11)
Naked...it's the only way

July 26, 2007, 11:11 AM

Tempur-Pedic FTW!

We've had ours for about 4 years and it is awesome. We also have the pillows. It's amazing how you can fall asleep and wake up in the same position.
Unread
  (#12)
I just peed a little

July 26, 2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven
Tempur-Pedic FTW!

We've had ours for about 4 years and it is awesome. We also have the pillows. It's amazing how you can fall asleep and wake up in the same position.
Does it get real hot?
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Monkey Send a message via AIM to Monkey Send a message via Skype™ to Monkey 
Unread
  (#13)
Unicorn Rider

July 26, 2007, 11:15 AM

Chris and I have the sleep number.. he swears by it and he does get a better nights sleep with it... I on the other hand can't seems to find a good setting. I've been from 25(barely inflated) up to 80(really stiff) and no matter what I end up sleeping sideways or diagonal. It constantly feels like i'm sleeping in a soup bowl. The edges have foam pads with an air bladder inside. If you want to give a sleep number a try goto wallmart and get an airmatress, hook it up to the compressor and play with PSI settings. Just my 2cents.... Thousands love it, just not me.

'15 Ducati 821 Monster
Miss my GSXR
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

July 26, 2007, 11:24 AM

I have a friend who swears about her Sleep Number. However it's in storage now as she's wating for her TH to be completed and staying with her parents. She starts raving about the mattress set she's sleeping on now.

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#15)
ATTN INVESTORS!

July 26, 2007, 11:27 AM

We've had a Tempur-pedic for about 3 years. All the pros and cons you've heard are mostly true. Its a great bed and cured all of our aches and pains we had before.

It will form to your body over time and can cause lumps if you choose to sleep in another position/location on the bed. But I've worn out many a matress and this is the case with any of them.

Its a little hotter since your more "submerged into" the tempur-pedic, but we just keep the room a little cooler with the a/c in the summer...and in the winter the little extra warmth is welcome...but makes it harder to want to get out of bed.

I don't have personal experience with a sleep-number, but I don't think you can go wrong with either. They both have their ups and downs.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz