DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 794
4 members and 790 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
They Almost Killed Me, My Mother & Father, So I Am Snitching And I Need Your Help
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

They Almost Killed Me, My Mother & Father, So I Am Snitching And I Need Your Help - November 29, 2011, 06:04 PM

Guys, normally I could care less about speeding per se - but in this case these two jackasses nearly hit me and ran me off the road (with my Mother and Father in the back of the car sleeping) and then ended up hitting another car just a mile up the road, killing a 72 year old Grandfather on his way to work.

Louis Poteat, 72, killed in accident caused by drag racer | WJLA.com

Story:

I was coming back from N.C. early Monday morning doing about 60mph headed North on B/W Parkway @ 2:15am in the #2 lane just before the I-95 overpass when a Black Benz CL doing every bit of 100+ mph swerved and blew past me in the BREAKDOWN LANE!

I couldn't tell his closing speed at first because he had blinding HIDs but I noticed how fast the intensity of the light inside of my car was brightening. I knew at his closing speed unless he had F1 style brakes this guy had no chance of checking up and creaming into my rear end. Worse, there was a car in the #1 lane about 15ft ahead of me so I could not fully change lanes in times with enough safe distance.

I could only cheat over and straddled the #1 & #2 lane as much as I could while he took his only route that would not kill me - and that was the breakdown lane.

Then almost immediately after a early-00's Lexus GS came raging behind him and cut me off so he could slide between the gap left when I checked up on the brakes to swerve fully into the #1 lane while the car ahead of me in lane #1, swerved into lane #2 (Essentially we did a crossover and traded lanes while maintaining distance)

A newer Audi A4 blew down our asses next but seeing as he had no zig path and not wanting to take the chance of riding the breakdown lane, wisely checked up and then jumped off on the I-95 exit.

2 miles up the road, just past Goddard Space Flight Center, I ran across what was clearly silver road debris from a fresh accident. I swerved around the debris but did not see the Lexus or any other cars on the road so I presumed they took the Powder Mill exit. Little did I know the Benz had ran into the back of Silver Chevy Equinox with such force that it lifted the car off the ground and threw it onto its side into the woods of median (Those of you who travel the B/W know how dense the woods are. A car can hide there for weeks and no one would know).

Then ~1/4 mile up the road I saw flashers ... it was the Benz. I slowed a bit but could not get the plate but got a pretty good look (for 2am) at the car and the driver. It clearly was the subject car in the accident and had what looked to be pretty significant left front end damage to the lights, grill, and left fender.

(Which would make sense consider the Equinox ended up the drivers side in the median. Left front, right rear P.I.T. spinout)

The Lexus was nowhere in site at the time, but by coincidence as I was dropping the parents off I ran across it limping into the Shell Station on the corner of Contee Rd and Rte 198. I didn't see any outward damage but I could tell by the sound it was making it was not mechanically in top form and clearly dragging something underneath it.

Guys, there is NO doubt in my mind that had my reflexes been just a touch slower - had I not stopped just before Quantico when I was feeling a bit drowsy and got that cup of coffee - had I been just 2 miles further up the road, this very well could have been my (and my Mother & Father's) obituary.

So, if you have any contacts at Collision Centers or Benz dealers, tell them to keep an eye out for a Black CL with front end damage or a Lexus with underbody damage.

The US Park Police have already taken my statement. If you would like to leave an anonymous tip you can contact Sgt. Jeffrey Schneider @ 301-344-4076

Black Benz CL AMG (Or Sport Kit)
Guy driving was 5'10" - 5'11", 170-180lbs, White/Hispanic, Brown Hair. Jeans. Waist Length Blue Team Warm-Up Jacket.

Silver Lexus GS - Maryland Fort McHenry Plates. First letters: A0 x x x x x
Blue HIDs, Yellow Fogs, Spoiler, Tinted Windows.

Dark Blue / Dark Grey Audi A4 - Maryland Fort McHenry Plates

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

November 29, 2011, 06:08 PM

ill post it up on my car forum!

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Groping is a skill...

November 29, 2011, 06:34 PM

Dayum. He'll turn up sooner or later.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

November 29, 2011, 06:35 PM

He needs a second chance. He's sorry for what he's done.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#5)
Derpetologist

November 29, 2011, 06:48 PM

He should get a .net account and gloat about it.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#6)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

November 29, 2011, 07:15 PM

Is this for you heistbot or you just posting shit?

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#7)
I use my turn signal

November 29, 2011, 07:25 PM

Posted to my local subaru forum

2005 Kawasaki ZX6R (636)
1973 Honda CB350F
1981 BMW R65
Unread
  (#8)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

November 29, 2011, 07:31 PM

NAsioc....?

Alot of the Upper scaleish cars usually have meets @ tutti Frutti be a place to listen in and get infos

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#9)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

November 29, 2011, 07:33 PM

theres that 1 chopshop lookin place on 198 going toward meade on the left hand side After the VW dealer.... they always have nice benz bmwaudis etc lowered stanced being worked on....drive by and see if that guys shits out there

Unread
  (#10)
Quit moving!

November 29, 2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitzvh View Post
He needs a second chance. He's sorry for what he's done.
i see what you did there......lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patient View Post
Really Snipes? Thats how you get down??

I got $1000 on Snipes being the best at this shit!!

Who wanna put a stack up against that? Who the fuck is Snipes' competition?

That motherfucker through in some flat asses for 5150 then told him to stfu and enjoy!

Man Snipes is the Mike Jordan of this shit!!

This threads stock just rose like a SOB!
Unread
  (#11)
I use my turn signal

November 29, 2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw626 View Post
NAsioc....?
Yup, in the maic section. (mid atlantic impreza club).

2005 Kawasaki ZX6R (636)
1973 Honda CB350F
1981 BMW R65
Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

November 29, 2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
Is this for you heistbot or you just posting shit?
No, this is for me.
Death was only a mile away.
Had I been just a second slower on assessing his closing distance or jinked right instead of left, he would have reduced my immediate family by 75%.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
TPG og

November 29, 2011, 09:05 PM

Yo did this happen in Beltsville? Saw something similar on Fox 5.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#14)
Ton Up!

November 29, 2011, 09:07 PM

Fucking idiots.

you should have got a pic of the Lexus (tags) But I guess you didn't want a confrontation.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#15)
Derpetologist

November 29, 2011, 09:13 PM

In all seriousness, glad you werent hurt, sucks about the guy that died. Hope he gets his due...

*Not intended to be a factual statement.