DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
6 members and 552 guests
GRN96WS6, HotRod1200, nootherids, Sal_the_man, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
They stole my iPhone!
Unread
  (#1)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

They stole my iPhone! - August 15, 2009, 11:42 AM

I went to Ruby Tuesday last night in Chinatown. I was going to watch District 9 at 9:30, so I was trying to grab a quick dinner with my girlfriend. So we got our food, paid our bill, and left. I get into the theater, and realize that my phone is not in my pocket. So, I went back to the Ruby Tuesday's and asked them about it. The two hostesses say they don't know anything about a phone being turned in. One goes to check with the manager (supposedly), and says the manager doesn't have anything. At this point, I've already missed 10 minutes of the movie. So, I go back to the theater, and tell my girlfriend. She tells me that she specifically remembers that I had my iphone out at the restaurant.

So we leave the movie ($30 down the drain there!), and go back to the restaurant. I find the waiter that served me and asked him about it. He says he DID find my phone, and put it at the hostess stand. So, then at that point, the hostesses start looking all around the hostess stand to see if it was anywhere in sight. Also, I start calling it, hoping it will ring. Nothing......

So, at this point, I'm really starting to get pissed and concerned. The manager comes to the front, and doesn't really seem to care. One of the waitresses comes up, and is really helpful. She starts looking around everywhere for us, and she hints at the fact that one of the hostesses may have stole the phone. She basically was like, "Hmm, we need to check" so-and-so's "bag". At that point, I definitely know something has happened. I know this: there is no way a customer could have taken it, because the area the waiter said he left it is not in sight of a customer. So, obviously, one of the employees took my iPhone. So, we hang out there for a while, the hostesses "check" their purses, etc. Nothing.....

Eventually, I left the restaurant, and I left my girlfriend's phone number there so they can call me. The one helpful waitress says that the cops will get involved later. They had an officer that was working the door, because it's Chinatown, and I guess they get a lot of riff-raff there. So, I spoke with the officer. She said she will look into it for me.

She calls me later, and says no luck. She says she searched the hostess' bags, and didn't find anything. She says also, that 3 separate waitresses knew the phone was there. That's what is odd to me. I went back there 10 minutes after the phone was gone, and the 2 hostesses said they didn't know anything about a missing phone, but 3 waitresses knew it was there. So, that alone smells of something funny. Also, the fact that the one girl had a suspicion that a particular hostess's bag needs to be checked.

So, anyways, now it's the next day and I still haven't heard anything. The cop was really trying to find my phone. I told her I don't care about getting anyone in trouble; I just want it back. She said she was hoping that my phone would "mysteriously" reappear somewhere, but I guess it didn't. She told me that the regional manager has been contacted, and to call back and get his info tomorrow. She said that they want to handle it through corporate, and not through the cops.

Who knows if they will do anything about it, but all I know is I left my phone there for 10 minutes, and someone stole it. Pretty f-ed up! Look out for your iPhones......
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Squid Rider 4 Life!!

August 15, 2009, 12:23 PM

Dude use the my family finder from AT&T it locates the location of the phone using the GPS. Search for it online. I found my sister like that who ran away and it works. down to the street.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArRrR6  
Unread
  (#3)
See the mouth and the eye

August 15, 2009, 12:24 PM

that sucks man...I have the bad habit of taking everything out of my pocket (wallet, keys, and phone) when I sit down, mainly cus it's uncomfortable to sit on my wallet and I've had my keys and phone fall out of my pocket of my favorite shorts before. I did it at the counter at reston town center the other day and ended up forgetting my keys and phone at the table, the waiter ran out and caught me though before I got too far. Hope you find your phone.

-Mark

2007 Yamaha RVI (sold, treat her nice Chris)

MARRC Cornerworker

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dv/dt  
Unread
  (#4)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

August 15, 2009, 01:13 PM

Good find. I looked into it, but the first problem is that the phone is off now (called it earlier). I also reported the phone as missing and temporarily suspended my account, so I wouldn't think it would work now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArRrR6 View Post
Dude use the my family finder from AT&T it locates the location of the phone using the GPS. Search for it online. I found my sister like that who ran away and it works. down to the street.
Unread
  (#5)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

August 15, 2009, 01:19 PM

Yeah, I tend to do that with my phone because I'm always checking it for e-mails and such.

I talked to the manager on duty today. She said they checked the cameras but they don't have the host stand in view. Apparently they submit a claim to the corporate people when stuff like this happens, but I doubt they will do anything. Normally if someone loses something in a store, the store is not liable for it. The different thing in my situation though, is that they DID find it, and then it disappeared. I wonder if there is anything the corporate people will do for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv/dt View Post
that sucks man...I have the bad habit of taking everything out of my pocket (wallet, keys, and phone) when I sit down, mainly cus it's uncomfortable to sit on my wallet and I've had my keys and phone fall out of my pocket of my favorite shorts before. I did it at the counter at reston town center the other day and ended up forgetting my keys and phone at the table, the waiter ran out and caught me though before I got too far. Hope you find your phone.
Unread
  (#6)
Radda, Radda, Radda

August 15, 2009, 01:23 PM

My wife does that too and I'm just waiting for her to leave the phone there. I learned my lesson a while back though. My kid left a Lightning McQueen on the table, we went back and within 5 minutes it was gone. No one claimed to have seen it. I pretty much feel if anything gets left on the table, it's gone.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

August 15, 2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasSV View Post
I wonder if there is anything the corporate people will do for me.

The more you fuss (politely), the more likely it is that something will be done...

Or worst case scenario, gather up about 20 folks from dot net and stage a sit in at the all you can eat salad bar

Talk nerdy to me

It's not how many times you get knocked down,
it's how many times you get back up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

August 15, 2009, 01:35 PM

I guess I would feel better if a random person stole it. It's pretty bold for an employee to steal it though in the course of 10 minutes. I wish I had that mobileme service, because I could have walked home and located the phone. It would have been pretty cool to locate the phone at the restaurant and hopefully bust the thief.
Unread
  (#9)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

August 15, 2009, 01:38 PM

Exactly. I'm going to demand free salad bar visits for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
The more you fuss (politely), the more likely it is that something will be done...

Or worst case scenario, gather up about 20 folks from dot net and stage a sit in at the all you can eat salad bar
Unread
  (#10)
intermediate

August 15, 2009, 02:48 PM

Can u call AT&T and have them locate it for u?
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to silky Send a message via AIM to silky Send a message via Skype™ to silky 
Unread
  (#11)
Eddie would go ...

August 15, 2009, 06:25 PM

get MobileMe and you can remotely locate or wipe your phone:

What’s new in MobileMe

Find your lost iPhone. Access and view iDisk files on the go. New features make MobileMe even more essential for your iPhone.

MobileMe helps you find your lost iPhone.

Sometimes it’s your keys. Other times it’s your glasses. Misplacing things happens all the time. Now, if you misplace your iPhone, Find My iPhone can help you find it.
Locate your iPhone on a map.

Now, if you lose your iPhone, MobileMe can help you find it. MobileMe includes a new feature called Find My iPhone. Just enable Find My iPhone in MobileMe settings on your phone.* Then you can log in to me.com from any computer to access Find My iPhone and display your phone’s approximate location on a map.
Find My iPhone and Remote Wipe

Locate your lost iPhone with MobileMe. No chance of getting it back? Remote Wipe protects your privacy.
Watch the QuickTour
Find My iPhone and Remote Wipe

Display a message or play a sound on your lost iPhone.

Say you’ve just used the Find My iPhone feature, and it turns out your phone is at the doctor’s office. Not to worry. You can write a message that will be displayed on your iPhone — something like, “Oops! Left my iPhone behind. Blame it on the cold medicine. Be there ASAP to pick it up. Your grateful patient, John Appleseed.” Your message appears on the screen, even if your phone is locked. And if the map shows you that your iPhone is nearby, yet you still can’t find it, you can tell MobileMe to play a sound that overrides the silent setting on your phone.
Protect your privacy with Remote Wipe.

Addresses, phone numbers, email, photos. Your iPhone contains important and personal information — information you probably don’t want in the hands of a stranger. So if you lose your iPhone and displaying a message on it hasn’t resulted in its safe return, you can initiate a remote wipe to restore it to the factory settings.* If you eventually find your iPhone, you can restore your email, contacts, and calendars by enabling your MobileMe account on your iPhone. Or connect your iPhone to your computer and use iTunes to restore the data from your most recent iPhone backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#12)
I was sleeping

August 15, 2009, 07:06 PM

that sux! burn the place down!

KEV~
NESBA # 401
2002 Honda 919
2003 Yamaha R6(05-09 SOLD)

MARRC Safety Crew - www.marrc.org
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Dirty  
Unread
  (#13)
Ton Up!

August 15, 2009, 07:13 PM

Wow dude, you have been having a lot of bad luck with stuff this week. Your checkcard at Clarendon Grill and now this, geez.

~Justin

FREE FITZ!!!!

1999 Suzuki SV650
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 : RIP 4/16/09
1971 Honda CB450 : SOLD!
Unread
  (#14)
Street Bonk Bum.....

August 15, 2009, 07:15 PM

those fackers!

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#15)
Purple rims? Hell yeah

August 15, 2009, 08:21 PM

This is why I have the habbit of everytime I stand up from sitting down and going somewhere, i pat all my pockets.

Wallet
Phone
Smokes
Lighter

Slow: In the English it sends the relations of bikes! First, I hoped which he speaks you I completely thought you confuse your of homosexual ox by the way. I examine your silly practically joke and lol entire day, relative to this in the brain of mine. I want to know any you about the unicorn, the potato, the cheese and the ham all ideas. It fumigates ham unequivocally. My own self-esteem fumigates ham. It is special in some white grain crops. Very tasty mm. You knew that my friend of times it ate ostrich which it fumigates! That silly it does not exist! although an attempt at the identity card it, im confirmed which possibly it tries by sufficiently good! After this, I must go. Thanks memorys!

Tags
iphone stolen