DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
1 members and 557 guests
fxc3700
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

July 11, 2003, 02:58 PM

Alright, all...

Anyone have some suggestions on things to do that are parent-safe around here? My dad is visiting this weekend, and the only thing I've figured out so far is dinner on Saturday night... this isn't promising. PLEASE HELP ME FILL THE TIME. AGHHHHHHHh!

*not having a nervous breakdown*

Does this bike make my butt look fast??

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
--Drew Carey
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to ...aRushOfRed Send a message via Yahoo to ...aRushOfRed  
Unread
  (#2)
Licensed Rider

July 11, 2003, 03:03 PM

My parents were just here for the fourth, we did the museums, monuments, skyline drive, arlington, and historic williamsburg. Lots of stuff for the older slower crowd.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Kim
GP Champ

July 11, 2003, 03:11 PM

You can take him to Mount Vernon Estates. -home of George Washington.

The grounds are beautiful. You can take the tour. Then you are just a few minutes from Old Town Alexandria. Walk up and down King street, people watch, have dinner, lost of restaurants there, walk down by the water.

I promise not to try not to fuck with your mind.
Promise not to mind if you go your way and I go mine. Promise not to lie if I'm looking you straight in the eye. Promise not to try not to let you down.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Kim Send a message via AIM to Kim Send a message via MSN to Kim  
Unread
  (#4)
Signed up for Track Days!

July 11, 2003, 03:13 PM

Yup, good dad museums are the Air & Space, the Spy Museum, and National History. You can take him to the Wall, walk aruond the whitehouse, go up the washington monument, arlington cemetary...blah blah, go to Mount Vernon (this is actually sorta cool), Walk around Old Town, then hit the bars (go to Murphy's for dinner, then stick around for some craziness). There are alot of places to hike if he likes that. If you want some waterfront time, you can go down to Solomon's Island, there are more museums down there, good seafood, navy museum (if it has reopened), etc. You could go to Annapolis. Dunno what else.

I refuse to tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death.
Unread
  (#5)
Pleased to meet me

July 11, 2003, 03:19 PM

Here's a quick itinerary for Dad:

Saturday:
1. Wake up.
2. Krispy Kreams
3. Let him drive fast on the beltway.
4. Good Guys. Give him some $1s.
5. Go home and watch Speed Channel.
6. Drink Beer.
7. Show him your bike.

Sunday:
1. Repeat steps 1-3 above.
2. Watch sports
3. Good Guys. Give him some $5s.
4. Repeat steps 5-7 above.

If this doesnít work, check the Entertainment Guide on Washigntonpost.com . If the Spy Museum isnít too crowded Iíd take him there. Don't forget about things like the Skyline Caverns. You could always take him to http://www.dinosaurland.com/. I have a special relationship with one of the dinosaurs. Long story.
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

July 11, 2003, 03:37 PM

I like the idea of sports..my dad would probably fall asleep though

I forgot to mention that since I grew up on the east coast, we've been going to the museums and stuff since I was a little girl... I'm supposed to find stuff to do other than the memorials and the museums. (important detail missed cuz I'm multitasking. Argh).

I like the idea of Mt Vernon. I also heard there are a lot of good wineries out here that don't distribute outside of VA... have any suggestions?

Where is Soloman's Island?

Does this bike make my butt look fast??

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
--Drew Carey
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to ...aRushOfRed Send a message via Yahoo to ...aRushOfRed