DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
6 members and 558 guests
BigDaddyShoo, BlackHatch, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, Sal_the_man, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Think these cops will get aquitted, too?
Unread
  (#1)
Elite Racing

Think these cops will get aquitted, too? - May 7, 2008, 01:03 PM

I mean, seriously, 15 cops beating the shit out of 3 guys. The 2 guys on the near side of the car in the video are just getting pummeled! And they ask that everyone not jump to conclusion. Looks to me like the use of unnecessary force.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24496991

Make sure to watch the video....

Edit - I am jumping to conclusions, the officers involved have been suspended, but not charged.....yet.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Ling Long

May 7, 2008, 01:10 PM

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#3)
Fair Weather Rider

May 7, 2008, 01:12 PM

hahahaaa yao, good one, beat me to it!
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

May 7, 2008, 01:59 PM

WOW some cops were jumping form dude to dude just so they could get a little bit of each guy, I didn't realize the boot party was part of police training.

P-L Production ---> MARRC TD

Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
Thank you Rossi
Unread
  (#5)
Officially Addicted to Posting

May 7, 2008, 02:33 PM

I say whatever. Three suspects fleeing the scene of a triple shooting...those cops are just doing what the families of the victims would like to do. If those assholes came through and shot up my friends or family members I would be happy to see cops laying some wood on them. Sure its excessive and as the article states, "outside of the law", but how many of us would like to do the same thing to criminals? Its not like they are pulling innocent people out of their cars on a regular basis just to polish their boots. What sucks is the three "victims" we see in the video, who had no regard for human life if they were just involved in a triple shooting, will probably have no charges brought against them because of the beatings they received. Of course this is all assuming that those were in fact the ones involved.

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Castle: rob, potbelly, stat. i brought the bike, wanna ride 2 up??
ClemsonJeeper: omg i'm in now!
Castle: fvck, did i just put that in the sb?
Unread
  (#6)
Elite Racing

May 7, 2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal
I say whatever. Three suspects fleeing the scene of a triple shooting...those cops are just doing what the families of the victims would like to do. If those assholes came through and shot up my friends or family members I would be happy to see cops laying some wood on them. Sure its excessive and as the article states, "outside of the law", but how many of us would like to do the same thing to criminals? Its not like they are pulling innocent people out of their cars on a regular basis just to polish their boots. What sucks is the three "victims" we see in the video, who had no regard for human life if they were just involved in a triple shooting, will probably have no charges brought against them because of the beatings they received. Of course this is all assuming that those were in fact the ones involved.
First off, "suspects" is a key word here. It was not stated anywhere that these 3 civilians were indeed involved with the triple shooting. What if they were friends of the people that got shot?

Granted, a number of us would probably love to beat, punch and kick the shit out of someone if they shot and/or killed a close friend or family member, but that does not give police officers the right or privledge to do so.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#7)

May 7, 2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle228
First off, "suspects" is a key word here. It was not stated anywhere that these 3 civilians were indeed involved with the triple shooting. What if they were friends of the people that got shot?

Granted, a number of us would probably love to beat, punch and kick the shit out of someone if they shot and/or killed a close friend or family member, but that does not give police officers the right or privledge to do so.
I hear you and I said, "Of course this is all assuming that those were in fact the ones involved." Im just saying if these guys in the video WERE the ones involved in the shooting then good riddance. They get what they deserve. A lot of people talk about what they would like to do to people who do certain things like stealing bikes, driving/riding like assholes (e.g. NovaGhost's thread from yesterday), but as soon as people see the police doing what they say they would like to do, everyone starts screaming about rights violations. What would you say if that video showed people from the community where the alleged shooting took place beating on those guys in the car?

I'm not a leg humper... but I'm super attracted to how fucking stupid she is! - wildjester

Unread
  (#8)
B
It goes to 11.

May 7, 2008, 03:29 PM

Police have sworn to uphold and protect the public, according to rule of law. It is illegal for a group of individuals to jump and beat someone as a mob.

Can't obey the law, you probably shouldn't try to enforce it.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#9)

May 7, 2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrB
Police have sworn to uphold and protect the public, according to rule of law. It is illegal for a group of individuals to jump and beat someone as a mob.

Can't obey the law, you probably shouldn't try to enforce it.
I agree. A beating is a beating and the law is the law. I just think its funny when people look at it differently depending on who is the agressor. As soon as its the police beating on people its suddenly, "Poor them. They didnt deserve that!" If it was Joe Blow beating the hell out of someone who stole his truck or shot his buddy then its, "GOOD FOR HIM! I woulda done the same thing!"

Unread
  (#10)
God of the Gaps

May 7, 2008, 03:41 PM

The police are there to enforce, not judge and hand out punishment. They need to subdue, cuff, book, and let someone else worry about how to deal with the accused.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
God of the Gaps

May 7, 2008, 03:43 PM

And seriously, what cops don't know that every mother fucker in the world has a video camera aimed on them at all times?
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
God Made Me Wrong

May 7, 2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripes
And seriously, what cops don't know that every mother fucker in the world has a video camera aimed on them at all times?
It was a news helicopter that caught it all, so it's not like the officers couldn't hear it, especially since it was following the chase that happened prior to the smackdown.

"Always question those who are certain of what they are saying." - Elie Wiesel

When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Why does SnoopDogg carry an umbrella?...Fo' drizzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Stop putting shit in my papusa!
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx  
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

May 7, 2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal
I agree. A beating is a beating and the law is the law. I just think its funny when people look at it differently depending on who is the agressor. As soon as its the police beating on people its suddenly, "Poor them. They didnt deserve that!" If it was Joe Blow beating the hell out of someone who stole his truck or shot his buddy then its, "GOOD FOR HIM! I woulda done the same thing!"
Difference, they carry guns, and would shoot 12 guys beating them... try doing that to 12 cops....

There is a societal burden on the officers, by the nature of their work.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#14)
I got nothin....

May 7, 2008, 06:21 PM

It's excesive when they are swinging like lumberjacks, choping down a tree thats already on the ground. Good news is if they loose their jobs they can go chop wood somewhere.

Ride NAKED or Ride Dirty
Xbox live: declaredmental
Unread
  (#15)
2 wheels for life

May 7, 2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexxx
It was a news helicopter that caught it all, so it's not like the officers couldn't hear it, especially since it was following the chase that happened prior to the smackdown.
Yea they should have just gunned down the helicoptor with a grenade launcher or something

j/k
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to