DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 555
6 members and 549 guests
2blueyam, beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, nootherids, RRonin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Those voices don't speak for the rest of us.
Unread
  (#1)
Ling Long

Those voices don't speak for the rest of us. - August 17, 2010, 12:12 PM

The great communicator at work.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

August 17, 2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt View Post
My favorite part of that vid.

We have to pass the bill so we can find out whats in it. WTF? FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

August 17, 2010, 01:02 PM

Interesting video full of out of context sound bites from Dems while old radio host cume actor cume politician Ronnie rehashes another of his well written (for him) speeches.

My question still is what exactly were the Republicans right about over the last 10 - 8 of which they controlled the legislative and executive branches? Because we are are now reaping the wonderful seeds they sowed.

Either come forward with a solution or get the hell out of the way. But don't sit and snipe from the sidelines about how liberties are being trampled on and the Constitution being bent, when they all but pissed on it during their tenure.

Patriot Act abuses, No bid contracts, relaxation of protective policies, slamming thru and rubber stamping bills when they had dual control of Congress and Senate, etc. etc.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Last edited by Heist; August 17, 2010 at 05:38 PM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

August 17, 2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Interesting video full of out of context sound bites from Dems while old radio host cume actor cume politician Ronnie rehashes another of his well written (for him) speeches.

My question still is what exactly were the Republicans right about over the last 10 - 8 of which they controlled the legislative and executive branches? Because we are are now sowing the wonderful seeds they planted.

Either come forward with a solution or get the hell out of the way. But don't sit and snipe from the sidelines about how liberties are being trampled on and the Constitution being bent, when they all but pissed on it during their tenure.

Patriot Act abuses, No bid contracts, relaxation of protective policies,
slamming thru and rubber stamping bills when they had dual control of Congress and Senate, etc. etc.
I think the point of the vid is health care should not be forced on people and a required tax / health care for working americans is unconstitutional.

Because we are are now sowing the wonderful seeds they planted? Hmmm? I wonder how long you democrats are going to keep using this as a crutch. How many terms has a democrat been in office?

All of this economic down fall is due to the republican party?

Whatever.... enlighten me please.

Spend a ton of money to save the USA. We just screwed ourselves. By the time Obamas done spending, our dollar will be worthless. I wont be able to afford buying a candy bar in any other country. Stimulas was stupid, cash for clunkers was a waste.

Hate to brake it to people but the gov is going to try get their money back some way AKA taxes.

We are setting ourselves up for a HUGE FAIL.
Unread
  (#5)
SIN MC President

August 17, 2010, 03:54 PM

Whole lot of finger pointing from both sides. When Repubs were in power the Dems bitched about how they're fucking up the country...now it's vice versa. All the while, people forget we all live in the same fucking country. No wonder the country is split, nobody knows how to stfu and confront the road ahead whether Republican, Democrat, Liberal... Move to another country if you're so fed up with this one. Obama fucked up this & that... like any other president's shit doesn't stink... He won. get over it.

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

August 17, 2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANEDA View Post
Whole lot of finger pointing from both sides. When Repubs were in power the Dems bitched about how they're fucking up the country...now it's vice versa. All the while, people forget we all live in the same fucking country. No wonder the country is split, nobody knows how to stfu and confront the road ahead whether Republican, Democrat, Liberal... Move to another country if you're so fed up with this one. Obama fucked up this & that... like any other president's shit doesn't stink... He won. get over it.
Trust me I hated bush Jr aswell, but when Im hurting for cash and broke I dont open up a huge line of credit and go in a spending spree. It just dosnt make sense to me. Im not republican or democrat. I love these STFU or get out of the country comments.

Jeez
Unread
  (#7)
SIN MC President

August 17, 2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600cbr View Post
Trust me I hated bush Jr aswell, but when Im hurting for cash and broke I dont open up a huge line of credit and go in a spending spree. It just dosnt make sense to me. Im not republican or democrat. I love these STFU or get out of the country comments.

Jeez
Do I earn my redneck medal yet? Well, it's true. YaoMatt sure knows how to stoke a fire with over-played thread subjects. Make the best of a situation. We all have to do it. Some are just sick of hearing people bitch about it too. LOL
!

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Unread
  (#8)
Eddie would go ...

August 17, 2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post

My question still is what exactly were the Republicans right about over the last 10 - 8 of which they controlled the legislative and executive branches? Because we are are now sowing the wonderful seeds they planted.
Well it wasn't edumacation since sowing = planting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#9)
Ling Long

August 17, 2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Do I earn my redneck medal yet? Well, it's true. YaoMatt sure knows how to stoke a fire with over-played thread subjects. Make the best of a situation. We all have to do it. Some are just sick of hearing people bitch about it too. LOL
!
Make the best of it? I'm sure the founding fathers would love to hear that sentiment. In fact, they would have been so thrilled that they wrote a Declaration outlining that exact sentiment and what should be done because of it.

Quote:
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#10)
Eddie would go ...

August 17, 2010, 05:34 PM

What is it with the Founding Fathers and modern politics? These guys get dragged into 2nd amendment issues daily and now have to contend with complex global socio-economic issues?? Great minds as they were, they had one tyrant to deal with, not a myriad of eco, econ, terror, etc etc threats. Put your Founding Fathers in the White House today and watch them babble as they try to make sense of things. Different times require different approaches. What was right then doesn't not necessarily translate one to one today. Throwing out revered names makes it Un-American to challenge the principle right? (funny how that whole principle was built on challenges...). Hell, my HOA treads on the Bill of Rights daily...

Reaching back to an ideal is great, using literal dated quotes to fit your cause is bush league

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

August 17, 2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Well it wasn't edumacation since sowing = planting.....
Reaping. Good catch.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

August 17, 2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
What is it with the Founding Fathers and modern politics? These guys get dragged into 2nd amendment issues daily and now have to contend with complex global socio-economic issues?? Great minds as they were, they had one tyrant to deal with, not a myriad of eco, econ, terror, etc etc threats. Put your Founding Fathers in the White House today and watch them babble as they try to make sense of things. Different times require different approaches. What was right then doesn't not necessarily translate one to one today. Throwing out revered names makes it Un-American to challenge the principle right? (funny how that whole principle was built on challenges...). Hell, my HOA treads on the Bill of Rights daily...

Reaching back to an ideal is great, using literal dated quotes to fit your cause is bush league
The founding fathers also owned slaves, kept some slaves basically as concubines, and were indifferent about the whole issue.
So anytime anyone brings them up and their vision for America I sort of roll my eyes.

Times change. Things change. Society changes. Their vision was a starting point and general blueprint, not a destination and final build.

Unread
  (#13)
AMA Superbike Champ

August 17, 2010, 07:25 PM

My understanding of this argument is that it boils down to this:

Massive unemployment and full force depression now (but hey at least taxes are low)
OR
Higher taxes later (presumably when the economy is in better shape)

"Dear government, please sit idly by and let the economy fix itself. I'd rather be unemployed now than pay taxes later."
That's what government is for.

Last edited by minuslars1; August 17, 2010 at 07:29 PM..
Unread
  (#14)
I'm a secksy boi!

August 17, 2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:

YES! These statements couldn't be closer to the truth. Over a few presidencies, cooperation across party lines has decreased to the point where there's more finger pointing and blaming the party in power than looking to help make the country better. Both parties are at fault; the economy was doomed to fail even before Former President Bush Jr. (e.g. the housing market).

And exactly. Our Founding Fathers wouldn't have a clue what to do. Their problems were minuscule compared to what's occurring today.

'06 GSX-R600
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to dwnWrob Send a message via AIM to dwnWrob  
Unread
  (#15)
The last urrbendah

August 17, 2010, 09:05 PM

I'm willing to bet the men who created the one of the world's longest standing democracies could figure out a thing or two after an adjustment period. At a bare minimum they could come up with a few ways to keep Heist off the Internet for awhile.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.