DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 529
5 members and 524 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man, shiphteey
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
A thread for old school DC urban music.
Unread
  (#1)
Don't ask me,I'm Canadian

A thread for old school DC urban music. - July 15, 2011, 09:44 PM

Was going through all my old PA tapes and did the whole nostalgia thing,of course I have no way to listen to any of those old tapes.Thank god for YouTube...

ALL MY HEROES ARE RUSSIAN...GO CAPS!

Well you see, Norm, itís like thisÖA herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.-Cliff Claven

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

July 15, 2011, 11:58 PM

A tad bit before my time LOL
Unread
  (#4)
T.R.I.T.D.H

July 20, 2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw626 View Post
A tad bit before my time LOL
+1

When the thread fast forwards about 10 years or so then I might be able to contribute...lol.

Say around 1995 and up.

My brother just bought my grandmothers 2003 Camry from her b/c she is 89 years old and hasn't really driven the car/doesn't need to drive anymore.

I sat in the car for the first time and got really excited in the fact that the stock radio has a CD player AND a CASETTE TAPE PLAYER...I thought about the box of tapes that I have in storage at my house that I haven't heard in about 12 years...then I thought wait ONE minute...I'm old if I am getting excited about a tape player...I then realized this is probably how old folks felt upon discovery of an 8 track when I was a kid....sadface...I'm old.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#5)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

July 20, 2011, 11:09 AM

^ lol right... I mean i listened to some older stuff (was in HS between 94-98 but it usually was about Jy ,BY, and RE and their more p to date stuff.

I had a 88lincoln while in HS and i remember i bought an Aiwa Cd deck and all my friend were pissed at first becausse the gogo was on casette...Luckily (rare for that time) the Aiwa had a Aux jack in the front...
Unread
  (#6)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

November 29, 2011, 11:26 AM

LAUREL REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!

quality not that awesome... but RE/Biz rehearsal

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#7)
done for now...

November 29, 2011, 12:23 PM

Last edited by steele11; November 29, 2011 at 12:39 PM..
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

November 29, 2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw626 View Post
LAUREL REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Mix :: Biz Markie and Rare Essence Just A Friend Rehearsal - YouTube

quality not that awesome... but RE/Biz rehearsal
When I worked in Beltsville we'd hit Laurel Mall sometimes for lunch and he'd be there. I think he still lives over at Laurel Lakes...had more value in cars on the street than his townhouse was worth.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

November 29, 2011, 02:57 PM

Well way back when... (90s) those townhouses were running about 350k... my friend lived literally across the street in the cul de sac ..he used toi have a few bug eyed benzs the yellow humvee and a black or red one as well...

he used to come into the trak auto all the time for new gas caps...i talked to him whenever id see him asking when he was going to drop another album...he said soon......still waiting.. but biz is a humble guy, LOL let me guess you saw him @ the food court? hed always be snacking on some boardwalk fries

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

November 29, 2011, 03:14 PM

Of course But yeah it was mid/late 90s when this was.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to