DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 258
3 members and 255 guests
Diggy, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
ticket on my car
Unread
  (#1)
SIN MC President

ticket on my car - March 6, 2010, 08:24 AM

I've lived in alexandria 80% of my life. The ticket says: City tag. Fail to display must purchase tag at once.

Did I miss something? Are we doing city/county stickers again?

Officers of the law please elaborate, because everyone that parked on the side street lastnight got a ticket even if they weren't from this city/county.

Officer Giovannucci Serial No 1668
you meter maid piece of shit.

#22 TOTNAC
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS MC

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Ling Long

March 6, 2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
9 August, 2008
The City of Alexandria is attempting to extort money from persons who drive vehicles legally garaged, registered and taxed in other jurisdictions when they do not display a Window Decal.
According to the City of Alexandria ...
All vehicles parked, stored or garaged in the City must display a City/County Personal property Tax decal from either Alexandria or the jurisdiction in which the vehicle is taxed and registered. There are no exceptions, even if the jurisdiction in which the vehicle is legitimately garaged and legally registered does not issue Window Decals.
Quote:
Sec. 3-2-321 License required; license tax levied and billed.
A license is required each year for every motor vehicle, trailer and semitrailer which is normally garaged, stored or parked within the city, and a license tax is imposed each year on every such motor vehicle, trailer and semitrailer for the period from October 5 to the following October 4. Such license tax shall be at the rate set forth in sections 3-2-327 through 3-2-331, and shall be for the purpose of providing revenue for the general fund of the city except such portions thereof as are required by section 46.2-753 of the Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, to be allocated to the Northern Virginia Transportation Commission. Nothing in this section shall be construed as imposing a license tax on any vehicle not required to be licensed by section 46.2-663 et seq., Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, or any vehicle exempted by section 46.2-755, Code of Virginia (1950), as amended, or any vehicle exempted by the Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act, 50 U.S.C. App. section 501 et seq. The license tax imposed herein will be billed to taxpayers at the same time as the personal property tax on motor vehicles, imposed pursuant to section 3-2-221 et seq. of this code, and the two taxes will be imposed in a single combined bill. If any portion of the combined bill is not paid timely, late payment penalty and interest charges shall apply to the balance. (Code 1963, Sec. 22-234; Ord. No. 3871, 6/15/96, Sec. 4)
Apparently the city doesn't follow its own code. This website has instructions on how to have the ticket dropped.
http://www.the-eggman.com/writings/b....php#RESPONSE4

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

March 6, 2010, 12:11 PM

^^^What the hell kind of fuckery is that? So to park in Alexandria, you need a special window decal - even if your car is registered in another county/state?

Reason #459 why I will never live in Virginia.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Railing!

March 6, 2010, 02:32 PM

its the same in DC, and Chicago

06 gsxr 750
Unread
  (#5)
Your Ad Here

March 6, 2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc750 View Post
its the same in DC, and Chicago
I need a window sticker in DC only if I'm parked on the street for greater than 30-days.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Track Ho

March 6, 2010, 02:43 PM

you dont live in Alexandria

cop is confused file a complaint

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#7)
Magic Carpet Ride

March 6, 2010, 02:53 PM

When I lived in Alexandria, I had the necessary window decal for City of Alexandria. I used to park in front of my friend's house in Fairfax county on Tuesday nights for a few hours while we had band practice. One night, I come out to my car and there's a ticket for no Fairfax county sticker. The Alexandria city sticker was diplayed in the window and if the Fairfax county cop bothered to check he would have determined that my car was also registered in Alexandria. Needless to say I got out of the ticket, but why are they such doucebags in NOVA about this parking bullshit?
Unread
  (#8)
GDMFSOB

March 6, 2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Reason #459 why I will never live in Virginia.
Are #'s 453-458 are because VA has better roads, more parking, better schools, less crime, no crackhead/ embezzling coincilmen, lead- free water?
Just askin

#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.
Unread
  (#9)
Signed up for Track Days!

March 6, 2010, 07:56 PM

hahahah at anyone thinking va is better than anywhere else
Unread
  (#10)
Meh

March 6, 2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlARRRRRR View Post
hahahah at anyone thinking va is better than anywhere else
CHP available in VA...not DC or fundamentally MD.

Win.
Unread
  (#11)
Owner & Creator

March 7, 2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I need a window sticker in DC only if I'm parked on the street for greater than 30-days.
depends on the zone or something. I grew up in DC and some areas in DC if you didn't have a parking permit they would ticket you.

Example: the tenley town area.
Unread
  (#12)
Being nice :)

March 7, 2010, 12:41 AM

yeh yeh....when I used to bang this girl in loudoun cty. I got the same nonsense. The local HOA got together and fought it.

The non-paid ticket never showed up in my credit history...

Love your Republic of Virginia

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#13)
Romper Stomper

March 7, 2010, 12:47 AM

ya man F VA!! it is a nice crime free place. but the use of excessive laws to extort money from the general public has gone way overboard. examples: every year I receive about 5 forms from the gov.ctr saying I owe taxes on vehicles that I have not owned in years. I have to go through the same dispute every year even after correcting it at the dmv time and time again. the gov ctr reasoning is now that they are not connected with the dmv so i must go through the same bs every year. another is now with budget cuts the police dept have pulled patrol units off the road and put a majority on ticketing. If you get a ticket while your vehicle is parked you no longer have a standard 30 days to pay you now have 15 days so they can give you a late fee which usually doubles the cost. also va is enforcing you register all firearms so that you have to pay taxes on every firearm you own. what I still dont understand is personal property tax? You have to pay every year for something you OWN?? also MAAD is pushing the possibility that every vehicle in VA must have a breathelizer to ensure a drunk driving free roads in va and it has passed the first wave already. If that bs pulls through Im getting the F out of this exploited state and my middle finger will be out the window all the way down 66 and 81! I love va but hate the flesh eaters that run the state and exploit the working class residents which are working through a recession but yet can be taken advantage of at any expense to feed the fat cat representatives. FFX county is the perfect example of a county that wastes billions and still wants more example I snow plow and the company I work for made 268,000 to plow 5 ffx county schools which were not open for the week anyway. and to show how stupid they are and waste money they paid us to put all of the snow in lines and piles so they could pay another company millions to truck it all out. so they had us pushing the same snow around for seven days...........
Unread
  (#14)
Being nice :)

March 7, 2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir3rex View Post
ya man F VA!! it is a nice crime free place. but the use of excessive laws to extort money from the general public has gone way overboard. examples: every year I receive about 5 forms from the gov.ctr saying I owe taxes on vehicles that I have not owned in years. I have to go through the same dispute every year even after correcting it at the dmv time and time again. the gov ctr reasoning is now that they are not connected with the dmv so i must go through the same bs every year. another is now with budget cuts the police dept have pulled patrol units off the road and put a majority on ticketing. If you get a ticket while your vehicle is parked you no longer have a standard 30 days to pay you now have 15 days so they can give you a late fee which usually doubles the cost. also va is enforcing you register all firearms so that you have to pay taxes on every firearm you own. what I still dont understand is personal property tax? You have to pay every year for something you OWN?? also MAAD is pushing the possibility that every vehicle in VA must have a breathelizer to ensure a drunk driving free roads in va and it has passed the first wave already. If that bs pulls through Im getting the F out of this exploited state and my middle finger will be out the window all the way down 66 and 81! I love va but hate the flesh eaters that run the state and exploit the working class residents which are working through a recession but yet can be taken advantage of at any expense to feed the fat cat representatives. FFX county is the perfect example of a county that wastes billions and still wants more example I snow plow and the company I work for made 268,000 to plow 5 ffx county schools which were not open for the week anyway. and to show how stupid they are and waste money they paid us to put all of the snow in lines and piles so they could pay another company millions to truck it all out. so they had us pushing the same snow around for seven days...........
Whuuut?
Use the ENTER key

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#15)
Romper Stomper

March 7, 2010, 01:17 AM

If I used the enter key this forum would turn into ten pages with what I have to say!