DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 559
2 members and 557 guests
nootherids, serrano01
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Will ride for food

July 18, 2005, 12:28 PM

OK a buddy of mine got a ticket in NJ for driving in a left lane, passing lane. it dosent make sence. he was going 5 mph higher then the speed limit, if he was to go faster the cop would bust him for speeding. Plus can they even give the ticket for such a thing. Now the key here is that the cop didnt mark or wrote the amount that my buddy has to pay, its not writin anywhere. what should he do?

his friend was with him and got a ticket for throwing a sigaret out of the car. HE alsow has nothing writin on the tickit about how much?

What should they do?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to maxim03 Send a message via Yahoo to maxim03  
Unread
  (#2)
rdg
best avatar in the biz

July 18, 2005, 12:36 PM

I don't think they have to write how much because in the end it's determined by the judge.

In most states driving in the passing lane is prohibited. This is because what happens is people get in the lane and then just sit there, ultimately holding up traffic or forcing traffic to pass on the right which is arguably unsafe when there's already a designated passing lane.

Oh, and littering is illegal. Your car probably has an ashtray in it, he should have used that.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Nothing here

July 18, 2005, 12:37 PM

Both can warrant tickets, however it is probably the littering that prompted the police officer to "throw the book" at your friend.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
ATTN INVESTORS!

July 18, 2005, 12:48 PM

from the sounds of it...the guy throwing the cig out the window is what screwed everybody. During the summer, leo's and whatnot don't usually mess around with cigs being flicked out of car windows due to potential wild fires and such. Thats probably what provoked the officer to pull the car over and also hit the driver for the passing lane violation.

On the ticket there should be a number you can call to get information regarding pre-payment and court info.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#5)
Will ride for food

July 18, 2005, 01:53 PM

thanx guys, sucks to be him, he needs to drive 3 hours to get to that court room lol

Guts and Glory
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to maxim03 Send a message via Yahoo to maxim03  
Unread
  (#6)
ATTN INVESTORS!

July 18, 2005, 02:27 PM

doesn't sound like its worth contesting....probably want to consider just calling to get the fine and then just mailing them a check.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#7)
Will ride for food

July 19, 2005, 07:46 AM

yea but i think its next to a beach, or bars and its a day off work for him lol

so i guess he realy wont mind going

Guts and Glory
Unread
  (#8)
Railing!

July 19, 2005, 12:33 PM

Not to pick on your friend by any means, it does suck to get that ticket. I just wish they would hand it out more. I f'ing hate when I'm driving and there is someone slower going in the left and lane as well as the right hand lane. If you want to go the same speed as the person next to you, pass them, then slow down and stay out of my way. I was taught that you ride in the right lane till you pass. I know most states (I'm from PA) have that law, but they don't enforce it. So it does suck for your friend, but kudos to NJ police for enforcing THAT law. In my opinion, slow and hesitant people cause as many accidents as fast and quick thinking people, if not more so.

2005 R6
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JDogg5  
Unread
  (#9)
Licensed Rider

July 19, 2005, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDogg5
Not to pick on your friend by any means, it does suck to get that ticket. I just wish they would hand it out more. I f'ing hate when I'm driving and there is someone slower going in the left and lane as well as the right hand lane. If you want to go the same speed as the person next to you, pass them, then slow down and stay out of my way. I was taught that you ride in the right lane till you pass. I know most states (I'm from PA) have that law, but they don't enforce it. So it does suck for your friend, but kudos to NJ police for enforcing THAT law. In my opinion, slow and hesitant people cause as many accidents as fast and quick thinking people, if not more so.
JDogg is 100% on the money on this one. Sucks for your friend but it also sucks almost as much, if not more, being stuck behind him waiting for him to pass a vehicle to get over. This often can create undue stress to the person behind, causing him/her to make unwise passing maneuver (*not that I speak from experience). I wished there were many more leo's out there issuing such tickets (no offense). Otherwise many of us are forced to go around on the right which is often unexpected and more dangerous.

But I do concur that it seems the litering thing is what got your buddy... just something else to add onto the ticket. Especially with out of state tags... he was done for. Either way he now has an excuse to go up and perhaps hit the beach after taking care of his business... but the way court sometimes can go... I'd call, pay the ticket, and hit Dewey instead.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to HUD750 Send a message via MSN to HUD750