DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 507
3 members and 504 guests
2blueyam, BigDaddyShoo, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Tijuana?
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

Tijuana? - February 18, 2010, 12:21 AM

Should I visit Tijuana or not? I will be working in the SD area. I would like to hear your feedback. I know the drug related crime is off the charts.

08 CBR10RR8
NESBA - I #89
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Mojito Anyone?

February 18, 2010, 07:42 AM

DO IT

Pappas and Beer

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#3)
Lets Ride!!!

February 18, 2010, 08:45 AM

Just don't go at midnight with no cell phone, a gps that doesn't work in Mexico, and a rental car (that isn't supposed to be there) extremely low on gas. Trust me, it isn't a pleasant experience and nobody will help you get out.

But if anything else, go for the experience. It's only a few minutes drive from downtown SD so you might as well.

Go Hokies!!!

2007 GSXR 750 Black/Midnight Blue - sold
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

February 18, 2010, 09:35 AM

Yes go.
Do not act like an ass. The police do not like Gringos trying to show off and they will charge your $1,000 to not get your ass thrown in jail.

Also, make sure you take out supplemental INTERNATIONAL car insurance. Dirty secret - car insurance companies do not insure you when you travel outside of the United States should you get into a car accident. Check your policy.

Friend got into a wreck in Tijuana, insurance co. denied claim because he was "outside the coverage jurisdictional area."

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Que se jodan!!

February 18, 2010, 11:39 AM

Sure, go, but don't expect anyone from the US to come to your aid when bad shit happens to you. I only go there when they force me to, and even then, I'm packing and carrying a bunch of extra bullets.

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#6)
Bling Blang Blaow

February 18, 2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Sure, go, but don't expect anyone from the US to come to your aid when bad shit happens to you. I only go there when they force me to, and even then, I'm packing and carrying a bunch of extra bullets.
I actually was wondering about this- how does it work to pack while you cross the border going into and coming back from mexico? do you need some sort of international CCW permit?

2003 Honda VTX 1800R - Modded to the MAX
2005 Ducati M800 - RIP

'You live more in 5 minutes on a motorcycle than most people do in life time' --Burt Munro

RIP Wayne Thomas (AKA Godson) ...ride on my brother, ride on.

CheapMotorcycleDeals.com - My blog where I search for the best deals on Motorcycles for sale in the DC Metro Area (Updated daily).
Unread
  (#7)
Que se jodan!!

February 18, 2010, 11:46 AM

LOl - PLEASE don't try to carry a weapon across international borders. I work down here and have special considerations granted by the government of Mexico.

Again, DO NOT CARRY A WEAPON ACROSS THE BORDER.

Whisper
2014 BMW S1000RR

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
Unread
  (#8)
Super Moderator

February 18, 2010, 11:53 AM

Ask Stillie about his trip to Tiajuana

~Kim
CCS# 827
01 GSXR1000
01 SV650S

I'm ADOS: Attention Deficit Oooooohhhhh ... Shiny!!!

Life's a BITCH. 'Cause if it was a slut, it'd be easy.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to kevers  
Unread
  (#9)
Addicted to Cajen food...

February 18, 2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevers View Post
Ask Stillie about his trip to Tiajuana
Heard they strapped him down and brought in a Donkey... he was the show.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
Que se jodan!!

February 18, 2010, 11:58 AM

Actually, to add something of value - if you are already in SD, think about going to Cabo San Lucas at the tip of Baja California. It's a beautiful place, and you'll blend in with all the other tourists who, by the way, all have that "what happens in Cabo stays in Cabo" attitude, so you stand a good chance of getting lucky.....

Whisper
2014 BMW S1000RR

Unread
  (#11)
T.R.I.T.D.H

February 18, 2010, 12:57 PM

Just go.....

So you can say you've been. No big deal.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

February 18, 2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlt1000 View Post
I actually was wondering about this- how does it work to pack while you cross the border going into and coming back from mexico? do you need some sort of international CCW permit?
Yes! You basically need a dispensation or grant letter from the FEDERAL government to do so.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
Knee Draggin!

February 18, 2010, 03:06 PM

Thanks for the feedback all. I may see if I can get a couple other people to join me. I would go by myself although don't know if I should risk it.

08 CBR10RR8
NESBA - I #89
Unread
  (#14)
Custom User Title

February 18, 2010, 03:54 PM

We parked at the border and walked over. Took a cab back - luckily my coworker spoke Spanish and was a (former) Marine - he convinced the cab driver it would be better to drive us north to the border instead of south to god knows where.

The zebras on the street corners were funny - be prepared to get yelled at if you take pictures.

Most of the clubs have free tequilla if you're sitting watching the show - at least that's what we found.

Oh - and coming back through border control with a purse for the wife and drunk was actually rather harrowing. Luckily we weren't stopped questioned - my friend might still be there haha

When I was out there, I also hit Legoland on the way to the airport. That was pretty sweet too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MrDan  
Unread
  (#15)
GP Racer

February 18, 2010, 04:03 PM

dude dont go!!!!11 im for real and dont get on a cab... you mite never come back i been there and im 100% spanish but i look white and people were looking at me like if i was from another world its scary and dont be out there at night

08- 99 cbr f4---sold
08-05 r6 --- sold
08-03 streetfighter cbr rr crash need parts
super pucket bike x19
11- 06 zx6r 636