DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
2 members and 542 guests
2blueyam, REDSKTL 280ZX
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Tire Repair kits
Unread
  (#1)
Chupathingy?

Tire Repair kits - July 30, 2007, 01:38 PM

Anyone use em? My company just started to fully stock the Black jack Tire Repair Kits, which is odd seeing we are a wholesale plumbing specialties distributor... but wanted to know if anyone has plugged or patched motorcycle tires. I never have. Anyone use this particular brand?

And, before you all ask, no, I can't get a ton of these for you all. I work for a private wholesaler, and you would have to get them as a plumbing customer, non-homeowner, commercial or government property. But I may be able to try to get a few. No promises.

PM me if your in H'Town, MD.
"Can't we go faster?.... Even if we rub cheetah blood on the engines?" -Phillip J. Fry

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Sith4Brains Send a message via Yahoo to Sith4Brains Send a message via AIM to Sith4Brains Send a message via Skype™ to Sith4Brains 
Unread
  (#2)
TEAM.SUKUZI

July 30, 2007, 01:40 PM

yes...they work fine.

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#3)
Site Owner

July 30, 2007, 01:42 PM

I personally wouldn't trust a tire repair kit as far as I could throw it. Call me paranoid but if the plug blows out at 65mph the consequences are far more deadly than if the plug blows out at 65mph in your car.

Maybe to get from where you got the hole back home, very carefully, but not on a ride at speed..... But thats just me. They very well could be just fine.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#4)
Chupathingy?

July 30, 2007, 01:49 PM

I totally agree with not doing ride speed. I've known people that look like me in the mirror, hehe, to use fix-a-flat on three out of four tires. I, err, he, hehe, didn't change tires for months! but on a bike its alot different ofcourse.

PM me if your in H'Town, MD.
"Can't we go faster?.... Even if we rub cheetah blood on the engines?" -Phillip J. Fry

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Sith4Brains Send a message via Yahoo to Sith4Brains Send a message via AIM to Sith4Brains Send a message via Skype™ to Sith4Brains 
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

July 30, 2007, 03:25 PM

never had a problem riding on a repaired tire.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
1/4 liter Duc eater

July 30, 2007, 05:32 PM

Any products that you guys recommend for roadside repair, like a temporary fix to get home from the boonies (plug/patch plus something like co2 catridges)? I should get around to picking up something for the tankbag on long weekend trips.

Hell is a can of fixaflat sufficient?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
PewPew

July 30, 2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
I personally wouldn't trust a tire repair kit as far as I could throw it. Call me paranoid but if the plug blows out at 65mph the consequences are far more deadly than if the plug blows out at 65mph in your car.

Maybe to get from where you got the hole back home, very carefully, but not on a ride at speed..... But thats just me. They very well could be just fine.
+1 in a cage it's a different matter but a motorcycle tire is designed much different, I never had and never will patch a sportbike tire.

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost