DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 176
4 members and 172 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, nootherids, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Title Transfer
Unread
  (#1)
Meet your Maker
 
MikeyB's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,566
Join Date: May 21, 2005
Location: Springfield, VA
Title Transfer - February 27, 2010, 02:34 PM

Are you not able to be a middle man in VA anymore

My mother had the title and signed it to me. Instead of getting the title transfered I just turned around and sold it and signed off as the next seller.

I have bill of sale from my mother and gave the buyer a bill of sale. DMV told him he is not able to title it as I have to title it under my name first then sell it. Thats a bullshit way to make money. I know I have sold bikes that I didnt title myself


I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
.......
 
Posts: 416
Join Date: August 5, 2008
Location: NOVA
February 27, 2010, 02:50 PM

Oh yeah, Virginia is great. When I was in the Marines, I had just gotten back from Iraq and bought a car. I'm originally from New Hampshire, which has no sales tax. I moved here 6 months later. I tried to do the right thing and transfer all my stuff over to VA. When I was in the DMV they starred at my registration forever, finally saying, "I don't see where you paid sales tax" Thats when I told them that I'm from NH which has no sales tax. They then preceded to charge me 500 dollars in sales tax. Apparently you have to own your car for a year first...I kinda went off the handle then, I told them next time I buy a candy bar in NH I'll make sure to swing by and pay them sales tax.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Bling Blang Blaow
 
benlt1000's Avatar
 
Posts: 610
Join Date: January 22, 2010
Location: MOCO
February 27, 2010, 03:26 PM

edited, see other post-


2003 Honda VTX 1800R - Modded to the MAX
2005 Ducati M800 - RIP

'You live more in 5 minutes on a motorcycle than most people do in life time' --Burt Munro

RIP Wayne Thomas (AKA Godson) ...ride on my brother, ride on.

CheapMotorcycleDeals.com - My blog where I search for the best deals on Motorcycles for sale in the DC Metro Area (Updated daily).
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Bling Blang Blaow
 
benlt1000's Avatar
 
Posts: 610
Join Date: January 22, 2010
Location: MOCO
February 27, 2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post
Are you not able to be a middle man in VA anymore

My mother had the title and signed it to me. Instead of getting the title transfered I just turned around and sold it and signed off as the next seller.

I have bill of sale from my mother and gave the buyer a bill of sale. DMV told him he is not able to title it as I have to title it under my name first then sell it. Thats a bullshit way to make money. I know I have sold bikes that I didnt title myself
I heard somewhere that if your mom gives you or you give him power of attorney you can make it work


2003 Honda VTX 1800R - Modded to the MAX
2005 Ducati M800 - RIP

'You live more in 5 minutes on a motorcycle than most people do in life time' --Burt Munro

RIP Wayne Thomas (AKA Godson) ...ride on my brother, ride on.

CheapMotorcycleDeals.com - My blog where I search for the best deals on Motorcycles for sale in the DC Metro Area (Updated daily).
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
to be continued......
 
Newgirlie's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,323
Join Date: May 30, 2008
Location: woodbridge
February 27, 2010, 04:11 PM

I believe they consider it skipping title. I can ask the title clerks when I get to work Mikey and let you know for sure..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Newgirlie Send a message via AIM to Newgirlie  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here
 
Heist's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,592
Join Date: August 25, 2008
Location: Washington, D.C.
February 27, 2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRCurtis View Post
Oh yeah, Virginia is great. When I was in the Marines, I had just gotten back from Iraq and bought a car. I'm originally from New Hampshire, which has no sales tax. I moved here 6 months later. I tried to do the right thing and transfer all my stuff over to VA. When I was in the DMV they starred at my registration forever, finally saying, "I don't see where you paid sales tax" Thats when I told them that I'm from NH which has no sales tax. They then preceded to charge me 500 dollars in sales tax. Apparently you have to own your car for a year first...I kinda went off the handle then, I told them next time I buy a candy bar in NH I'll make sure to swing by and pay them sales tax.
WTF?!
Reason number 283 why I will NEVER live in Virginia if I can help it.



“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
AMA Superbike Champ
 
blkr6's Avatar
 
Posts: 706
Join Date: April 8, 2009
Location: Falls Church, va
February 28, 2010, 06:46 AM

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlt1000 View Post
I heard somewhere that if your mom gives you or you give him power of attorney you can make it work


2005 Yamaha R6 Raven
1982 Suzuki GS650L
1974 Honda CB550 (Cafe' racer Project)
1971 Honda CB450 (currently restoring to stock may be a future Cafe')
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.