DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
1 members and 531 guests
Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Tomahawk MX Park, needs your support now!
Unread
  (#1)
Knee Draggin!

Tomahawk MX Park, needs your support now! - February 22, 2010, 09:14 PM

Chad Gochenour, the owner of Tomahawk Motocross Park is one of the most standup guys I have ever meet. For years he has been in a legal battle against a few people that decided to build or move next to a motocross park and them complain about the noise. He has bent over backwards for these people to try and satisfy their request, restrictive track times, a lot less week day sessions, ect... Every time the suing parties agree and then turn around and complain and expect more concessions from Chad and everybody at Tomahawk and the end may be near if we don't help. The DC area is already horribly limited on dirt tracks and we can't afford to lose another one (probably already the worst place to ride dirt in the nation). Chad's Tomahawk track was the by far the cheapest track and one of the best out there. The follow is reposted off Solomon Racings website.

TOMAHAWK MX PARK NEEDS YOUR HELP NOW

THE LAWSUIT TO SHUT DOWN TOMAHAWK MX PARK FOREVER IS SET FOR TRIAL ON JUNE 1 THROUGH JUNE 7, 2010.

Chad Gochenour (track owner) has incurred enormous legal expenses to defend this lawsuit (in excess of $51,385.00 so far). Chad needs our help to continue to fund the defense of this lawsuit.

SEND IN YOUR DONATION NOW. Legal costs continue to add up. Tomahawk MX Park has a great chance to defeat this lawsuit but it takes lots and lots of money. Please help.

A large number of neighbors surrounding the track have agreed to testify in support of Tomahawk MX Park and against the ones who have brought this lawsuit against the track. We can not thank them enough for their support. Now we need the financial support of the riders and racers.

TOMAHAWK MX PARK NEEDS YOU. No amount is too large or small.

Please make your check payable to the Tomahawk Defense Fund and send it to Tomahawk MX, LLC, 863 Tomahawk Run Rd., Hedgesville, WV 25427 or log onto the website and make your donation online. TOMAHAWK MX PARK NEEDS YOUR HELP NOW.

In addition, if you are interested in serving on the Tomahawk MX Defense Fund fundraising committee please give Chad a call at 304-582-8185

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Now would be a great time to sign up for an annual membership! Chad has always helped us out with discounted memberships and ride days. With the winter months taking their toll, I'm sure he could really use the income. Return the favor and sign up early...and if you can help out with a small donation, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

Regards,
The SR PitTalk Team.

Charlie
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

February 23, 2010, 05:15 AM

Dang, can't be that many people bitching because there aren't that many houses around there. I guess it only takes one idiot to ruin things for everyone else though. Probably some rich DC morons that built their dream home in the mountains and were too stupid to look around before buying the property. I'll send them a modest donation simply because the complainers are so obnoxious.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (1.10 MB, 99 views)
File Type: png Picture 2.png (1.12 MB, 96 views)

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#3)
Street Bonk Bum.....

February 23, 2010, 05:18 AM

dang that sux big time....

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#4)
Get Tarded!

February 23, 2010, 07:11 AM

Where is the complainers property? Is there anyone here with a dump truck that we can haul some snow over there if the retards complaining can't make it home because of some mysterious 10' snow mounds in their driveway they wont have to worry about the noise. Maybe they can sue the snow.

At least they aren't being malicious but really come-on, lets all rally around their driveway with signs chanting protest to the homeowners.

08 Dizzzer SM
08 Z1000
98 KLR 650
Unread
  (#5)
Derpentine Dealer

February 23, 2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarded Jake View Post
Where is the complainers property? Is there anyone here with a dump truck that we can haul some snow over there if the retards complaining can't make it home because of some mysterious 10' snow mounds in their driveway they wont have to worry about the noise. Maybe they can sue the snow.

At least they aren't being malicious but really come-on, lets all rally around their driveway with signs chanting protest to the homeowners.
I grew up riding dirt bikes in rural Kansas and am redneck enough to know the smell of BS from quite a ways. I'm seriously willing to bet they are rich NOVA, DC, or Mont Co Maryland fucks who want to carve out a slice of paradise in the mountains of West Virginia. You know the routine: plaid blankets, sitting by the fire, John Denver music piping through the elaborate sound system, LL Bean catalog on the coffee table,... and the golden retriever. Mustn't forget the golden retriever.

Native WV people seem to appreciate a good time and tend to be pretty laid back. Heck, I think instead of 20 acres and a mule, they give you an 4x4 pickup and an atv when you move to WV. Has to be spoiled city folk pretending to enjoy country living. Always is.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; February 23, 2010 at 07:55 AM..
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

February 23, 2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
I grew up riding dirt bikes in rural Kansas and am redneck enough to know the smell of BS from quite a ways. I'm seriously willing to bet they are rich NOVA, DC, or Mont Co Maryland fucks who want to carve out a slice of paradise in the mountains of West Virginia. You sitting by the fire, playing John Denver music... Native WV people seem to appreciate a good time and tend to be pretty laid back. Heck, I think instead of 20 acres and a mule, they give you an 4x4 pickup and an atv when you move to WV. Has to be spoiled city folk pretending to enjoy country living. Always is.
+1
I freaking hate sue happy idiots. If the noise bothers you then MOVE!
Unread
  (#7)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

February 23, 2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLEVEL View Post
+1
I freaking hate sue happy idiots. If the noise bothers you then MOVE!
Well they should not have moved there in the first place! Who was there first. Also Oh'bama first bill he signed was to eliminate 200 million acres of OVH land! Dumbass!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#8)
running on liquid crazy.

February 23, 2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
Well they should not have moved there in the first place! Who was there first. Also Oh'bama first bill he signed was to eliminate 200 million acres of OVH land! Dumbass!
...uhh, Crawford, I think REDLEVEL was agreeing with OSD/Tomahawk's stance. ??

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
fruta fresca

February 23, 2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarded Jake View Post

some people really have nothing better to do - I hate hearing about stuff like this. Donated to cause.

"no me olvides que yo no te olvidare"
Unread
  (#10)
TPG og

February 23, 2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
I grew up riding dirt bikes in rural Kansas and am redneck enough to know the smell of BS from quite a ways. I'm seriously willing to bet they are rich NOVA, DC, or Mont Co Maryland fucks who want to carve out a slice of paradise in the mountains of West Virginia. You know the routine: plaid blankets, sitting by the fire, John Denver music piping through the elaborate sound system, LL Bean catalog on the coffee table,... and the golden retriever. Mustn't forget the golden retriever.

Native WV people seem to appreciate a good time and tend to be pretty laid back. Heck, I think instead of 20 acres and a mule, they give you an 4x4 pickup and an atv when you move to WV. Has to be spoiled city folk pretending to enjoy country living. Always is.
They're doing same crap in Howard County...trying to turn Woodstock/Marriottsville into the next Columbia. Who moves into a redneck area and complains about people shooting guns at the local range

Hope he beats those dbags and runs the bikes even more often just to get them to move. Can't belive the state isn't coming to his aid... come on West Virginia wtf!

Some azzhat moved into my hood and complained to the town about us riding the 4 wheeler at the park.... We make sure to rev it extra when we fly past his house.

Last edited by b00st; February 23, 2010 at 09:09 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#11)
Street Bonk Bum.....

February 23, 2010, 09:17 AM

^this is the exact a VERY limited few are allowed to my track i no want to get it shut down....

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

February 23, 2010, 09:45 AM

lol, I live in a secluded lake neighborhood and a bunch of people have 4 wheelers and dirt bikes that we all ride on trails and no one complains. I can't believe someone would move into a house knowing there was a track next door and has the balls to sue due to noise? Who are these people? We should start ordering pizzas and sending them to their house, just doing random stuff to them to irritate them.

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#13)
TPG og

February 23, 2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6speed View Post
lol, I live in a secluded lake neighborhood and a bunch of people have 4 wheelers and dirt bikes that we all ride on trails and no one complains. I can't believe someone would move into a house knowing there was a track next door and has the balls to sue due to noise? Who are these people? We should start ordering pizzas and sending them to their house, just doing random stuff to them to irritate them.

I like your style. When dude complained to our town about the 4 wheelers supposedly they said "Well this is Poolesville. Bethesdas about 20 miles away, try them out"

So the court case is in June??
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#14)
Railing!

February 23, 2010, 09:53 AM

Just to let you guys now one of the azz hat's complaining is a control rider for a local org. People are ridiculous.
Unread
  (#15)
Fuhgeddaboutit!

February 23, 2010, 11:21 AM

It's a damn sad day when you can't even have a MX park in West Virginia. I'll make a donation to help stop the idiocy. Hopefully this will be a case where majority rules. It's not just about Tomahawk either, it's about protecting your right to ride.