DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 543
1 members and 542 guests
davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Track Riders and Racers help a sick child
Unread
  (#1)
Ling Long

Track Riders and Racers help a sick child - January 24, 2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

I?m working on a project that I could use your help with. I?m pretty involved with the local Leukemia and Lymphoma Society since I?m a survivor of Non-Hodgkin?s Lymphoma myself. One of the kids that I?ve gotten to know is an 11 year old boy named Conner who has Stage 4 Hodgkin?s Disease. His initial prognosis is not all that great, but there is still some chance that with aggressive treatments he can beat it. His age and good health (otherwise) are in his favor, plus he?s got an excellent oncologist - the same Dr. that saved me.

In the course of getting to know this young man, I?ve come to find out that he is very interested in motorcycles, much to the dismay of his Mom, lol. We?ll talk about bikes, look at pictures, watch videos, etc. while he?s in the hospital getting his treatments. He?s very interested in the design and engineering that goes into the bikes, and asks some very intelligent questions when we?re talking. He very well may go on to be a great engineer if his interest holds.

Anyway, on to why I need your help. In the past, I?ve asked for used knee pucks from you track day guys and racers so I could use them to make a frame for a collage of bike pics that I put together. The last time I did this was a few years ago when a coworker?s son was seriously ill. The look on his face when I presented him with the collage and all of the autographs and pictures that guys sent to me was priceless.

I?m asking that you please send me some of your used knee pucks, along with any photos you may have of yourself on the track. You can even autograph the pictures too ? he?ll think that?s neat. You don?t have to be the next Rossi in order to participate in this project. For him to get autographed pictures of ?real guys? tossing their bikes around on the track and to be able to put his hands on the very knee pucks that were used will be so cool for him.

If you would like to help with my little project, please PM me and I?ll let you know where to send anything that you may be able to. Like I said, used knee pucks, pictures of yourself, stickers, etc. will all be greatly appreciated. I can?t begin to thank you enough for your assistance with this. If this can distract him a bit while he?s in the hospital receiving his treatments, I?ll be happy. Like I said, as a survivor of Non-Hodgkin?s Lymphoma myself, I know how important it is to have something, anything to think about other than your disease. His situation touches me not only as a cancer survivor, but also as a father of a young boy myself.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I will be posting this on a couple of different forums, in order to get the largest group of guys to participate. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Scott
I have Scott's contact information. He doesn't want new pucks, just old used ones, stickers, pictures etc. that you don't want or don't use. I'll be covering all shipping costs to get them out there, just PM me if you want to donate.

Matt

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#2)
Give me the Ban Button!

January 24, 2008, 04:01 PM

Ill get you a set next week when they get back from florida. I will work on getting you maybe 3 sets. I dont have a pic as we all know the only way my pucks get broken in is for me to give them to somebody else

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#3)
Agitator

January 24, 2008, 06:16 PM

yeah, pm me the address, I got some lying around.

If the kid has any wacky engineering questions, he can always email me!

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#4)
The last urrbendah

January 25, 2008, 08:00 AM

I've got some in various states of usage, some burned through. Let me know where to send them.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Officially Addicted to Posting

January 25, 2008, 08:07 AM

I'll scap my pucks on the ground before riding and give them to you along with some stickers and photos on the track. Good deal.

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#6)
Ling Long

January 25, 2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman
yeah, pm me the address, I got some lying around.

If the kid has any wacky engineering questions, he can always email me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie
I've got some in various states of usage, some burned through. Let me know where to send them.
I'm going to be collecting them at Jamies in the next week or so and sending out a large box from DCSB.net. IF you really want to send them on your own, please let me know and I'll get you his contact info.

Matt

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt