DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 582
1 members and 581 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Trailer Rental
Unread
  (#1)
No paparazzi please
 
HighlyFavored0420's Avatar
 
Posts: 156
Join Date: March 11, 2009
Location: Waldorf
Trailer Rental - August 21, 2009, 09:24 PM

I did a search on trailer rentals but they were all for local usage. I plan on moving my bike and a few small things to Oklahoma in the near future. U-Haul wants to charge $325. Anyone know of anything cheaper? It's a one-way trip done in one day. Thanks in advance.


'08 600rr - motofans custom fairings, crg, akra, puig db, watsens, audi, iwin, tripage fe & gas cap, r&g, ddm hid's

PS3: HighlyFavored420
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...
 
turkishexpress's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,997
Join Date: May 3, 2008
Location: Chicagoland
August 21, 2009, 11:11 PM

There is a place by RnR cycles that rents trailers. Nice one bike ones for about $30. Don't know if you're looking for something bigger as I know they got some. However, I'm not sure about the one way thing. That usually makes it cost more.


2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned


I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
GDMFSOB
 
The Evil Twin's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,543
Join Date: June 22, 2008
Location: North PWC
August 22, 2009, 07:57 AM

If you are not going to be bringing it back here, it will be tough to find. Hertz, U-haul etc. may be your best bet


#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
No paparazzi please
 
HighlyFavored0420's Avatar
 
Posts: 156
Join Date: March 11, 2009
Location: Waldorf
August 22, 2009, 08:34 AM

Yea that's what it's looking like. Would almost be cheaper to buy a harbor freight trailer and KEEP it.


'08 600rr - motofans custom fairings, crg, akra, puig db, watsens, audi, iwin, tripage fe & gas cap, r&g, ddm hid's

PS3: HighlyFavored420
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Say Jur Oh
 
Seijirou's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,809
Join Date: April 27, 2003
Location: Herndon, VA
August 22, 2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyFavored0420 View Post
Yea that's what it's looking like. Would almost be cheaper to buy a harbor freight trailer and KEEP it.
That was my first thought reading this thread.

I'd snag this.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92174

and either keep it, or sell it when you arrive. I'm quite sure that's your least expensive option.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!


Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
No paparazzi please
 
HighlyFavored0420's Avatar
 
Posts: 156
Join Date: March 11, 2009
Location: Waldorf
August 22, 2009, 02:25 PM

Thats exactly what i was looking at.


'08 600rr - motofans custom fairings, crg, akra, puig db, watsens, audi, iwin, tripage fe & gas cap, r&g, ddm hid's

PS3: HighlyFavored420
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
GDMFSOB
 
The Evil Twin's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,543
Join Date: June 22, 2008
Location: North PWC
August 23, 2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijirou View Post
That was my first thought reading this thread.

I'd snag this.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92174

and either keep it, or sell it when you arrive. I'm quite sure that's your least expensive option.
That one may not fit a bike. 112" is 9 feet, but they list the overall dimentions as 9 feet long. I picked this one up: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w..._465468_465468
Then got some 12" wheels from Restless Wheels. A 1/2" thick 4x8 sheet of plywood would run $30 for the floor.


#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
No paparazzi please
 
HighlyFavored0420's Avatar
 
Posts: 156
Join Date: March 11, 2009
Location: Waldorf
August 23, 2009, 01:03 PM

That one looks pretty good for the cost too. Do you fold yours? It looks like there would have to be 2 seperate pieces of plywood to fold it? Not that it matters, just curious.


'08 600rr - motofans custom fairings, crg, akra, puig db, watsens, audi, iwin, tripage fe & gas cap, r&g, ddm hid's

PS3: HighlyFavored420
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Say Jur Oh
 
Seijirou's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,809
Join Date: April 27, 2003
Location: Herndon, VA
August 23, 2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
That one may not fit a bike. 112" is 9 feet, but they list the overall dimentions as 9 feet long. I picked this one up: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w..._465468_465468
Then got some 12" wheels from Restless Wheels. A 1/2" thick 4x8 sheet of plywood would run $30 for the floor.

Oh if it's 9 foot long including the tongue it definitely won't work. I didn't even think about that. Good looking out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!


Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
No paparazzi please
 
HighlyFavored0420's Avatar
 
Posts: 156
Join Date: March 11, 2009
Location: Waldorf
August 23, 2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
That one may not fit a bike. 112" is 9 feet, but they list the overall dimentions as 9 feet long. I picked this one up: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w..._465468_465468
Then got some 12" wheels from Restless Wheels. A 1/2" thick 4x8 sheet of plywood would run $30 for the floor.
After reading the reviews it looks like a lot of people are having a hard time registering it. Did you have any problems? Seems like if their "certificate of origin" wasn't right, they could've just said they built it? Want to make sure I have all the issues covered before I purchase a trailer. It's definitely the least expensive and most practical alternative.


'08 600rr - motofans custom fairings, crg, akra, puig db, watsens, audi, iwin, tripage fe & gas cap, r&g, ddm hid's

PS3: HighlyFavored420
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
GDMFSOB
 
The Evil Twin's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,543
Join Date: June 22, 2008
Location: North PWC
August 23, 2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyFavored0420 View Post
After reading the reviews it looks like a lot of people are having a hard time registering it. Did you have any problems? Seems like if their "certificate of origin" wasn't right, they could've just said they built it? Want to make sure I have all the issues covered before I purchase a trailer. It's definitely the least expensive and most practical alternative.
As long as it has a serial number or ID number there should be no problem. I just took the MCO to the DMV with the purchase reciept. They got me a title and permanent tags with no issue. Hell, I took the trailer with me in case they needed to verify the #'s but they didn't care.
I do fold mine. It stays in the garage and fits nicely. I used diamond plate aluminum for the floor, but if you want to use plywood I'd go 1/2". You should be able to use 1 sheet and rip it across the middle. You will need to leave a little gap so that when you fold it, it doesn't catch as you swing it up.


#132 EX
Proudly representing: DC-MOTO, Amsoil, SHOEI, Woodcraft-CFM, MARRC

2015 MARRC Crash & Burn Award
2014 MARRC Sportsmanship Award
2013 MARRC Amateur of the Year
2012 MARRC Cornerworker of the Year
www.marrc.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!.

Last edited by The Evil Twin; August 23, 2009 at 06:24 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.