DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 561
3 members and 558 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Transmission Shop
Unread
  (#1)
No Regrets

Transmission Shop - June 24, 2008, 09:24 AM

Hi all,

So my sister's transmission on her 2002 Lexus RX300 is shot at about 95,000 miles, give or take, and I gave her my car (she has two kids). Luckily (or unluckily?) she just happens to be receiving an insurance payout on her body damage from one of our recent hailstorms, now she'd like to use that money on her transmission, if possible. Her warranty at the dealership JUST ran out at 91,000 miles so she has to look for a shop on her own.

Rather than just go to AAMCO, which is the only transmission shop she knows about because they have a commercial, can anyone else recommend a shop, hopefully in Maryland or VERY Northern VA (Alex or Arl) that will get her done quickly, so I can get my car back? lol It would be an absolute blessing to find a place that doesn't charge a mint, can get the work done quickly AND is in Prince George's County, but I realize that may be asking a lot. Thanks!

no regrets
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to insanaq Send a message via AIM to insanaq  
Unread
  (#2)
starbucks ADV rider

June 24, 2008, 10:43 AM

whats wrong with the transmission?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Trans
Unread
  (#3)
MSF Student

Trans - June 24, 2008, 11:48 AM

Bro, If she need a trans get a jasper....3yr 75k warranty they come with all the updated parts. Check out their website. You can get a price and even find a local installer.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to areuriding  
Unread
  (#4)
Mojito Anyone?

June 24, 2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by areuriding
Bro, If she need a trans get a jasper....3yr 75k warranty they come with all the updated parts. Check out their website. You can get a price and even find a local installer.
I believe she's a SHE.

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#5)
Nothing here

June 24, 2008, 12:00 PM

I agree with areuriding. Get the Jasper. I can only recommend a shop in Leesburg, but if you are willing to go that far I can tell you that you will be treated fairly, told upfront what the costs will be and given updates throughout the process. They do great work and they do it fast, but not too fast that they would cut corners. Auto Solutions
Unread
  (#6)
No Regrets

June 25, 2008, 09:30 AM

Thanks so far you guys, I'm having her call Auto Solutions now--a Jasper transmission is something that she can request? Or is it standard for certain shops to only use Jasper trans?

no regrets
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to insanaq Send a message via AIM to insanaq  
Unread
  (#7)
No Regrets

June 25, 2008, 09:31 AM

She didn't go into detail about what happened when she first ran into trouble, but I do know that she can't go in reverse, then had her transmission flushed at the nearest gas station, to no avail.

no regrets
Unread
  (#8)
No Regrets

June 25, 2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn
I believe she's a SHE.
LOL it's cool, everybody always thinks I'm a guy at first. Hopefully not in person.

no regrets
Unread
  (#9)
Nothing here

June 25, 2008, 09:43 AM

Could just be linkage but Auto Solutions will be very honest with you/her. Good peeps. They replaced an engine and transmission, both Jasper, for me in a Dodge Durango. Came in a full 3 days earlier than they said it would take and about $800 less than originally expected.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

June 25, 2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanaq
LOL it's cool, everybody always thinks I'm a guy at first. Hopefully not in person.
no indeed. but good luck. My neighbors a Toyota tech but in Manassas if you want me to check with him.

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#11)
No Regrets

June 25, 2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX2050
no indeed. but good luck. My neighbors a Toyota tech but in Manassas if you want me to check with him.
Please do! It's a 2002 Lexus RX300 with 96,000 miles, she said she was driving and couldn't get it to above 60 mph, then it wouldn't go past 40 mph. She stopped and restarted and then ended up nearly coasting to the nearest gas station to pay for a flush, which didn't work, and was so close to home she managed to coast there. Also, she has no reverse.

no regrets