DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 527
0 members and 527 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Truck dealers
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Truck dealers - July 3, 2017, 10:33 AM

I'm currently looking at getting a new full size 4 door pickup. It seems like we used to have a salesman or two on the site. I'm looking for something basic like the ram 1500 tradesman with a v6 (very modest towing needs and want to net 20mpg or better). I don't need 4x4, don't really care about bed length (the 5'7" beds are fine), don't need cosmetic upgrades, and I don't have a brand preference. Of course I could order an un-optioned truck but would prefer to get something off the floor so long as the options don't make the price crazy. Any salesman/dealers out there?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Slowest Going Straight

July 4, 2017, 05:42 AM

Good luck. I'm not a salesman but like you, I wanted a 4 door, 2wd, V6, basic truck that would bet me decent mpg.

I found a RAM 1500 with the "black out" package, V6, 2wd, no decals or emblems at all, just black everything. Commuting from So MD to the Pentagon my average mpg is between 25 to 27 mpg depending on the season (winter is around 25mpg). Of course, I keep speeds below 65 and my shift usually takes me outside of heavy traffic times.

It'll pull motorcycles fine, hauls kayaks/motos/atvs fine. No issues in 60,000 miles and I do all the maintenance except tire rotations. Only oil and filters so far. Too easy.
Only complaint I have is its size, geez it's big and the "kisses" it receives parked at work show. 2nd, I'd like the A/C to be more powerful but it's more than adequate. That's it. oh, I wish it was a 6spd manual but thats dreaming.

MSF Rider Coach 166210
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

July 4, 2017, 06:06 AM

Cool, that's better than the mileage I was hoping for. I've found what seems like a good deal on a ram 1500 (what's up with changing the name from dodge?) and will be heading to the dealer this morning.

I'd like a manual trans too. Even my wife's minivan (mazda5) is a manual. I did buy an automatic for my youngest daughter who has some anxiety issues so there'd at least be one less thing for her to worry about.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

July 5, 2017, 08:43 PM

I have a Ram also (4wd CC Hemi) and I can't wait til the lease is up on it, the drivers window shudders when going down (only 15K on it currently) and the transmission in it SUCKS, it's the worst vehicle I've owned (and the only new vehicle I've ever bought/rented long term).

Used truck prices are insane, I don't know what I'll replace it with when it goes back next year, but I need something as I don't drive my other car in the winter.

Tommy

MSF Graduate 9-25-05
13 DRZ400SM Sold 6-21-16
06 R6 Raven Sold 4-23-15
Unread
  (#5)
Fast Lane Racing

July 8, 2017, 09:50 AM

you a member of USAA? I saved about 8k in price reduction on my truck. I bought new.

USAA also has a used vehicle purchase program.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

July 8, 2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRN96WS6 View Post
I have a Ram also (4wd CC Hemi) and I can't wait til the lease is up on it, the drivers window shudders when going down (only 15K on it currently) and the transmission in it SUCKS, it's the worst vehicle I've owned (and the only new vehicle I've ever bought/rented long term). Used truck prices are insane, I don't know what I'll replace it with when it goes back next year, but I need something as I don't drive my other car in the winter.

You can't pay me to touch a FCA product. They're all so horribly flawed and engineered.
Can't wait to see how they make an abortion of the 18 Jeep Wrangler

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

July 8, 2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkRoy View Post
I'm currently looking at getting a new full size 4 door pickup. It seems like we used to have a salesman or two on the site. I'm looking for something basic like the ram 1500 tradesman with a v6 (very modest towing needs and want to net 20mpg or better). I don't need 4x4, don't really care about bed length (the 5'7" beds are fine), don't need cosmetic upgrades, and I don't have a brand preference. Of course I could order an un-optioned truck but would prefer to get something off the floor so long as the options don't make the price crazy. Any salesman/dealers out there?
Fairfax

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Last edited by Heist; July 8, 2017 at 05:00 PM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

July 9, 2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS762ZX6 View Post
you a member of USAA? I saved about 8k in price reduction on my truck. I bought new.

USAA also has a used vehicle purchase program.
Nope... I was all set to join the navy until their doc looked at my spinal xray. Joke is on them though as I haven't had any issues and I'm old enough to have been retired for a few years.