DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 531
1 members and 530 guests
tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Tundra recall (Floor mat) WTF!!!!
Unread
  (#1)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer
 
DC-MOTO's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,959
Join Date: October 1, 2003
Location: Virginia
Tundra recall (Floor mat) WTF!!!! - September 2, 2010, 11:37 AM

So I bring my Tundra in today to have my backup camera replaced, 20k mile service done and they advise me that the floor mat recall has to be done so I say go ahead and do it. They call me an hour ago to tell me that for the recall they will have to remove my "sports" accelerator pedal with a standard pedal and will reimburse me for the one pedal but will leave the brake "sports" pedal on. I'm like if that's the case also take the brake cover off and replace it with a stock brake pedal and then reimburse me for both pedals. The dealership says they can't do that and for me to call the Toyota Customer Experience Center 1-800-331-4331.

So I call them and explain the situation and after talking with a rep for about 30 minutes I finally get transferred to a supervisor who states that they will reimburse me for the one pedal but not for the brake pedal. I kept telling her how do you expect a toyota customer to accept that? She just said that is how Toyota decided they wanted to handle it and that if I wanted to replace the brake pedal it would be on my cost.

I love my Toyota Tundra but I'm fed up with Toyota Corporate with their BS Customer service department. Grrrr

I know this is a small issue but it pisses me off how Toyota is handling it. Just give me a stock accelerator pedal and brake pedal and reimburse me for the sports pedals. That's all i'm asking for...why is it so hard for them to understand this????

Sorry...just needed to vent somewhere!


CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
Dr.'s say I'm the illest
 
The Patient's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,921
Join Date: August 22, 2010
Location: Under the umbrella next to the hottest chick
September 2, 2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-MOTO View Post
Sorry...just needed to vent somewhere!
Duly noted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hfam95 View Post
Note to self, don't hire The Patient unless its for porn research.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
USSA
 
ArrrSV's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,369
Join Date: September 23, 2008
Location: Manassas
September 2, 2010, 11:41 AM

so the floor mat being recalled isn't a concern? Was there too much or not enogh knapp?


I Have Nothing To Contribute.

Chicks are like jobs...all the good ones are taken and they can't pay you enough to do the ones that are available.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArrrSV  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
AMA Superbike Champ
 
Posts: 651
Join Date: June 18, 2009
September 2, 2010, 11:47 AM

Are the sports pedals a factory option? Given the recent accelerator bs with Toyota i can see why they'd want to return your accelerator to stock to control their liability. Still sucks though.

If the pedals are a factory option then F them
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Retired to most ...
 
JohnnySpeed1KRR's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,646
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: NoVa
September 2, 2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-MOTO View Post
So I bring my Tundra in today to have my backup camera replaced, 20k mile service done and they advise me that the floor mat recall has to be done so I say go ahead and do it. They call me an hour ago to tell me that for the recall they will have to remove my "sports" accelerator pedal with a standard pedal and will reimburse me for the one pedal but will leave the brake "sports" pedal on. I'm like if that's the case also take the brake cover off and replace it with a stock brake pedal and then reimburse me for both pedals. The dealership says they can't do that and for me to call the Toyota Customer Experience Center 1-800-331-4331.

So I call them and explain the situation and after talking with a rep for about 30 minutes I finally get transferred to a supervisor who states that they will reimburse me for the one pedal but not for the brake pedal. I kept telling her how do you expect a toyota customer to accept that? She just said that is how Toyota decided they wanted to handle it and that if I wanted to replace the brake pedal it would be on my cost.

I love my Toyota Tundra but I'm fed up with Toyota Corporate with their BS Customer service department. Grrrr

I know this is a small issue but it pisses me off how Toyota is handling it. Just give me a stock accelerator pedal and brake pedal and reimburse me for the sports pedals. That's all i'm asking for...why is it so hard for them to understand this????

Sorry...just needed to vent somewhere!
Lemme know when you wanna trade it in for the Titan Matt .... I'll get you a GREAT deal!!!


God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer
 
DC-MOTO's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,959
Join Date: October 1, 2003
Location: Virginia
September 2, 2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrSV View Post
so the floor mat being recalled isn't a concern? Was there too much or not enogh knapp?
That's what I'm saying? I was like if you are dooring a floormat recall why are you touching the accelerator? And if you have to replace my accelerator then replace the brake pedal as well.


CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
USSA
 
ArrrSV's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,369
Join Date: September 23, 2008
Location: Manassas
September 2, 2010, 11:49 AM

get a gun and hold them hostage till your demands are met.


I Have Nothing To Contribute.

Chicks are like jobs...all the good ones are taken and they can't pay you enough to do the ones that are available.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ArrrSV  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer
 
DC-MOTO's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,959
Join Date: October 1, 2003
Location: Virginia
September 2, 2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minuslars1 View Post
Are the sports pedals a factory option? Given the recent accelerator bs with Toyota i can see why they'd want to return your accelerator to stock to control their liability. Still sucks though.

If the pedals are a factory option then F them
The pedals are part of the "ROCK WARRIOR EDITION" package that I bought.


CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here
 
Heist's Avatar
 
Posts: 32,591
Join Date: August 25, 2008
Location: Washington, D.C.
September 2, 2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrSV View Post
get a gun and hold them hostage till your demands are met.
Make sure that gun is a starter pistol and also type a manifesto.



“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
I'm a llama again!
 
Slider's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,317
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Alexandria
September 2, 2010, 11:56 AM

Tell them to eat dick and leave your pedals alone.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Yo quiero Trackday!
 
Posts: 1,855
Join Date: July 21, 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA
September 2, 2010, 11:56 AM

Thats fucked up, and I would be pissed too. I am anal about my stuff, and seeing the sport brake pedal on, and the regular gas pedal would piss me off every single time I see it.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer
 
DC-MOTO's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,959
Join Date: October 1, 2003
Location: Virginia
September 2, 2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knonfs View Post
Thats fucked up, and I would be pissed too. I am anal about my stuff, and seeing the sport brake pedal on, and the regular gas pedal would piss me off every single time I see it.

That's exactly what I tell them and they just tell me that I can replace the brake pedal at "my cost" that there is nothing wrong with the brake sports pedal so they aren't going to replace it.


CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
Mojito Anyone?
 
onel0wcubn's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,210
Join Date: April 28, 2008
Location: La Habana
September 2, 2010, 12:01 PM

fuck em .. keep your old mats and setup..


ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
The last urrbendah
 
Stillie's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,909
Join Date: February 5, 2003
Location: Kickin' it with Stevie Janowski
September 2, 2010, 12:12 PM

Ask them how they feel about a Tundra bonfire in the parking lot.


13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
I hate Hybrid drivers
 
david636's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,780
Join Date: May 25, 2006
Location: Woodbridge, VA
September 2, 2010, 12:51 PM

lets be fair. I believe the gas pedal gets stuck on the floor mat and causes retards to crash into stuff. The brake pedal isn't rubbing on the floor mat causing retards to crash so therefor they wouldn't replace the brake pedal.

Just a side note, my superiorly awesome Nissan Frontier has no such issues.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.