DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 502
5 members and 497 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Turkey.......ummmmm
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Turkey.......ummmmm - July 16, 2016, 06:52 AM

WTF

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

July 16, 2016, 07:22 AM

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in diverse places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. --Matthew 24:6-8

Shit's gonna get really crazy in this world during our lifetimes.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#3)
Your Ad Here

July 16, 2016, 09:04 AM

Turkish Express's fault.

Reports said a fraction of the military grew frustrated with their current President attempting to change their constitution in order to give himself more power and his years long policy of taking the country further in a conservative Muslim direction, and sectarian discrimination against his military commanders and troops.

Turkey has always been one of the more, if not the most, progressive predominantly Muslim nation.

Something to note: I could easily envision something like this taking place if Trump got into office.

Never get so complacent as to think it cannot happen here.

America had a revolution (coup). Roughly 100 years later a civil war. Roughly 100 years later it was on another fractious divide and on the verge of another internal uprising.

The pace of the American (and the world) is now compressed and accelerated and that tells me that we're about to enter the window for the next cycle of mass disruption.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Last edited by Heist; July 16, 2016 at 09:11 AM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Triumph-ant

July 16, 2016, 09:08 AM

200 dead

1996 GS500E - Sold
2001 Speed Triple 955i - Sold
1999 Daytona 955i - Sold
2000 Ducati 748S
Unread
  (#5)
Groping is a skill...

July 16, 2016, 11:38 AM

I was hoping it was a real coup. The Turkish constitution states that it's the militaries duty to overthrow any government that tries to break away from secularism. Unfortunately the military has been pillaged by the current President (former max term PM), Erdogan. The coup was much needed even though it would create large economic issues.

Now the problem is the coup was fake and staged by Erdogan himself. He is trying to change the constitution to make the President more powerful than the PM (since Turkey has a parliamentary system like Britain). He also wants to take out term limits in order to become a dictator. His plans did not work out as anticipated in the past few years so now he may have done this in order to power grab and become a true dictator. We shall see.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Derpetologist

July 16, 2016, 11:51 AM

It seems like a tough dilemma.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.

Last edited by Rail; July 16, 2016 at 11:58 AM..
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

July 16, 2016, 01:54 PM

No surprise TYT is on it. Cenk is Turk-American

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#8)
Meh

July 16, 2016, 04:37 PM

I am sorry that it either was faked and/or faked. I liked what the military was claiming was their rationale and Erdogan is a bit hard line for my taste.
Unread
  (#9)
No more 1050 :(

July 16, 2016, 05:53 PM

I'm almost entirely ignorant on this subject.. can anyone provide cliff notes?

A military coup to restore democracy in an already democratic nation sounds kinda backwards to me.. I also liked the reasons they gave, but it sounded like a cover.

What has happened during the elections? Have they been a farce?

Examples of Ergodan being an asshole?
Unread
  (#10)
Groping is a skill...

July 17, 2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz1050 View Post

A military coup to restore democracy in an already democratic nation sounds kinda backwards to me.. I also liked the reasons they gave, but it sounded like a cover.

The past several elections in Turkey have been criticized for being rigged from several media outlets. Those outlets were shut down, acquired, and in many cases their reporters/owners jailed to this day with no charges being brought up. Funny enough you can do that in some countries.

The term democracy unfortunately is a very loose term when applied to current state Turkey. The PM (who is more powerful than the president) was recently forced into resigning his post for disagreeing with teh President and has been replaced with a puppet. Erdogan runs the country like a dictator. If you say anything bad about him or his family in news papers, media, or even out in the public, he will jail you indefinitely for "insulting" the president. This is not a real charge but enough to throw someone in jail, again indefinitely until a real charge is made up.

This coup was a strategic move for him. Due to the supreme court and some other intermediary courts in Turkey he has not been able to achieve his goal of making the president have powers like that of the president here in the US. He also wants to end term limits so that he may server forever. He also has some other avid opposers in the military, legal circuits, and even outside the country. Through this failed coup he's now claiming that these people were the ones behind the coup and has already had over 3000 people collected/arrested for treason. He's trying to get rid of all opposition. His end game is a non secular dictatorship that mirrors the old Ottoman times. He essentially wants to be a Sultan. He's a psychopath.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Your Ad Here

July 18, 2016, 06:02 AM

Oh a dictator shielding himself under the cloak of Democracy?

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for the American throbbing cock of Justice and Freedom to insert itself into a new conflict in a predominately Muslim nation.

Frienemey status is 4, 3, 2 ...

Unread
  (#12)
Your Ad Here

July 18, 2016, 07:06 PM

Built himself a 1,000 room mansion at taxpayer expense.
Uh oh - megalomania confirmed. Last time I've read of such absurd excess it was the former President of Ukraine - we saw how that ended up for him 2 years ago.

Unread
  (#13)
unapologetic

July 18, 2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz1050 View Post

I think I might accurately describe it as an extremely elaborate "false flag" style of event set up by the current president with willing participants throughout the current regime. They very well might have created a little inter-country drama at the expense of 200 (now) dead and a few thousand more "traitors" that sure didn't look like on tv that blood or change were the only options. The President has now further entrenched himself into the government, which I and many others predict will become an Islamist state soon.

I will think of the Turkish citizens, because many of them are a good and fair people. It is unfortunate that this one man has managed to get away with what he has for so long. But such are modern dictatorships. Sucks all around. We need to reconsider our assets in that land.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#14)
Meh

July 20, 2016, 05:44 AM

Nothing to see here. Just another feather in the foreign policy cap of this administration.

http://www.trunews.com/article/turks...city-and-water
Unread
  (#15)
TNT
GP Champ

July 20, 2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch View Post
Nothing to see here. Just another feather in the foreign policy cap of this administration.

http://www.trunews.com/article/turks...city-and-water
Reading the comments section of that article is like sticking your hand in a dumpster fire while dunking your head in a 6.0 molar HCl solution.

The article sure makes things sound bad, but I have to expect that there's some inflammatory fact withholding. No matter how inept our leadership is, the military is not going to let B61s be at risk of simple theft.