DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 525
4 members and 521 guests
davidcycle, RideUniverse, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
TV Show HEROES Discussion - SPOILER!!!
Unread
  (#1)
Que se jodan!!

TV Show HEROES Discussion - SPOILER!!! - October 17, 2006, 01:28 PM

Okay, there are some of us on the board that watch NBC's new show HEROES on Monday nights @ 9pm. This is the thread to discuss the show, it's nuances, any predictions....whatever.

Alrighty then....who's gonna be first? Yes, you there, the handsome guy in the back - what's your name, sir? WHISPER? Well, go ahead Mr. Whisper.....

What is up with Miss Split Personality? As I said before, if being bipolar was a superpower, half this board would be superheroes. Not that I wouldn't shit my pants if my own reflection told me to "shush."

And that dude that has the powers of the superhero he's around - why is he so lame?

And if I were high on heroin, I could paint some future predicting wild shit, too.

Don't get me wrong - I love the show - these are just some of the questions I have....

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#2)
God Made Me Wrong

October 17, 2006, 01:40 PM

you're "special"

So yeah, Peter only has powers when he is around the others that do. That is kinda sucky for him to think he rocks, but then find out that he only rocks when other people that rock way more than him are near.

I am wondering if the black dude that messed with the cop and that was taking the politician at the end of last night's episode was bipolar chick's ex.

BTW future Hiro was badass.

Oh, and the comic that Hiro was reading was called 9th Wonders, right? Aren't there only 7 Heroes? Are there 2 more that we don't know about? Or does the dead doc researching them and his son count as the other two?

"Always question those who are certain of what they are saying." - Elie Wiesel

When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Why does SnoopDogg carry an umbrella?...Fo' drizzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Stop putting shit in my papusa!
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx  
Unread
  (#3)
Que se jodan!!

October 17, 2006, 01:43 PM

Future Hiro was badass.

and what's up with that black dude? they didn't kill the cop, did they?

Whisper
2014 BMW S1000RR

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
Unread
  (#4)
Ling Long

October 17, 2006, 01:46 PM

I think that the black chick is going to have powers too. She's tied up in the middle of it and just doesn't know it yet.

Pretty sure Peter's thing is just a matter of getting stronger. I saw in one of the previews where he's standing outside and just takes off like superman with no one around. Maybe he's just not come into his own yet.

I think that the black guy is Ali Larter (The blond Chick non-cheerleader)'s ex.

Ali Later's character is pimp. If you noticed, she can go back and forth, switching herself with someone in an alternate dimension. They touched on that a LITTLE bit during the first episode in the classroom before he found out his father died. Mirrors are gateways to alternate dimensions blah blah blah... she can switch back and forth. She just can't control it yet...

I don't think the cheerleader's dad is evil. Even though they keep portraying him that way... I think he's going to ACTUALLY turn out to be a good guy in the end...

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#5)
Ling Long

October 17, 2006, 01:46 PM

PS: Future Hiro is my favorite. But his friend needs to go.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#6)
Happiness Consultant

October 17, 2006, 01:52 PM

great show. has to be one of the first (next to Lost) in which there is real life in fantasy. And what I mean by that is the multi-cultural cast and characters

not a show like 'Friends' where they live in the most diverse city in the world but have not ethnic friends whatsoever

- everyone is still beautiful tho, but thats cool - I see ugly people every day.

my take:

Miss Split Personality - weird power actually - she's like Sybil with super strength and Tony Montana's eff the world attitude.

anyone else believe she actually offed her husband. those dudes in the desert wasn't his crew - that was him. Now all we need is for Ali Larter to do another 'whip cream bikini' and I'm good.

the indestructible cheerleader - ha! the little girl from "Remember the Titans" sure has grown up - now all she needs is adamantium claws. is up with her dad and that bald black dude?

The japanese dudes are great - anyone noticed that when Hiro came from the future to talk to wanna-be flyboy he was dressed as a

- their trip in Vegas was

Lame dude - damn whisper, I didn't realize he emulates all the other's powers, thats why he flew and drew the future *doh* His brother is a dick - but then again he's also a politician so the dick part is inherent.

Need more info on Sylar, the bald black dude and Indestructo Girl's Dad.

and what's with 'Save the Cheerleader, Save the World' - she's had a stick in her brain, walked thru fire, fell some 80 feet and still lives...what saving does she need?

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#7)
God Made Me Wrong

October 17, 2006, 01:53 PM

So if the black dude is bipolar chick's ex...does their kid have any abilites?

Cheerleader chick's dad is definitely evil. He has to be. Who ties down people to beds that they are trying to help? Well, wait a minute...nevermind.

Quote:
Quote:
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx  
Unread
  (#8)
Happiness Consultant

October 17, 2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt
I think that the black chick is going to have powers too. She's tied up in the middle of it and just doesn't know it yet.
nope

Quote:
Pretty sure Peter's thing is just a matter of getting stronger. I saw in one of the previews where he's standing outside and just takes off like superman with no one around.
that was Nathan, not Peter.

Quote:
I think that the black guy is Ali Larter (The blond Chick non-cheerleader)'s ex.
nope, i think Niki's other dimension persona killed him and buried him in the desert.

Quote:
I don't think the cheerleader's dad is evil. Even though they keep portraying him that way... I think he's going to ACTUALLY turn out to be a good guy in the end...
undecided but I could see that as well.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
Unread
  (#9)
Ling Long

October 17, 2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexxx
So if the black dude is bipolar chick's ex...does their kid have any abilites?

Cheerleader chick's dad is definitely evil. He has to be. Who ties down people to beds that they are trying to help? Well, wait a minute...nevermind.
We've already seen that their kid is like a super genious at the age of 10ish.

As far as cheerleader chick's dad goes. He may have some odd-ball tactics, but I think he's a good guy and knows about the nuclear bomb... and is just trying to do everything in his power to ensure it doesn't happen.

Either that, or he's Sylar.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#10)
Que se jodan!!

October 17, 2006, 01:59 PM

I agree with Yao - Hiro's friend has to go....Also, did anyone notice Future Hiro spoke perfect English? How far in the future is he from that he had time to learn the language so well?

I agree with Ed about the cheerleader - little girl seems pretty safe to me. Seems like lame dude needs the saving - from loserville.

I still think Split Personality is going to be cool....

Whisper
2014 BMW S1000RR

Unread
  (#11)
God Made Me Wrong

October 17, 2006, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoSuave
anyone else believe she actually offed her husband. those dudes in the desert wasn't his crew - that was him. Now all we need is for Ali Larter to do another 'whip cream bikini' and I'm good.
Good call Ed. So wicked half must have wacked her ex and buried him. How else would wicked half know where to tell normal half to bury the dudes she tore apart?

+1 to whipped cream bikini but I was pretty happy with the little strippy tease

Quote:
Quote:
Unread
  (#12)
Ling Long

October 17, 2006, 02:01 PM

Quote:
nope
I bet she ends up with powers and comes to terms not only with that fact, but that Isaac has them too and they end up back together.

Quote:
that was Nathan, not Peter.
Shows him pretty clearly in the preview where it talks about "Every week their powers continue to grow."

Sure looked like Peter. He may be a copy cat, but I dont' think he needs to be around another hero to use their power.

Quote:
nope, i think Niki's other dimension persona killed him and buried him in the desert.
The kid knows where his dad is. So I highly doubt that he's dead.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
Unread
  (#13)
Owner & Creator

October 17, 2006, 02:08 PM

Future Hiro was a badass his friend made my ass laugh. My friend has power. Busting out the Japanese fobbish gangsta accent.

But yea painting the future with Heroin thats gangsta!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
Happiness Consultant

October 17, 2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I bet she ends up with powers and comes to terms not only with that fact, but that Isaac has them too and they end up back together.
we shall see

Quote:
Shows him pretty clearly in the preview where it talks about "Every week their powers continue to grow."

Sure looked like Peter. He may be a copy cat, but I dont' think he needs to be around another hero to use their power.
they showed a white dude with brown hair in pajamas - they also showed the thugs in Las Vegas where Nathan is. Peter can't fly without Nathan.

Quote:
The kid knows where his dad is. So I highly doubt that he's dead.
Ambiguous - what if the kid knows that his dad is buried in the desert? The kid knew his mommy was strip teasing over the Internet - what if he knows about how Mirror Persona crossed over and whooped his dad's ass for beating down mommy? To much speculation - I'm going with those dudes in the desert being the kid's dad.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--

Will pay to see this
Unread
  (#15)
Agitator

October 17, 2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
We've already seen that their kid is like a super genious at the age of 10ish.
being smart is not a superpower (though I wish it was)...even the Beast had strength, dexterity in addition to smarts...

think about it, going back to a discussion regarding superman:
here we have a guy who can fly, is invulnerable, can shoot lasers out of his eyes, cold breath, superstrength, superspeed...and his nemesis...Lex Luthor, who's ability is...being smart

so what, the kid fixed a radio and realized his mom's a webcam hooker...big deal, lets see here "gee mom, why do you have a bed in the garage with a laptop and a camcorder, and we have food on the table but you have no job"

if the kid is one of the heroes, his power is something else

other than that issue
1. cheerleader chicks offing of the f'in rapist ROCKED...she would be a kick ass assassin
2. peter is rogue...minus the abstinence
3. ali larter...I agree...unless its some multidimensional crap as discussed earlier, she doesn't have a superpower, she's an f'in PSYCHO...hell, I have ex's with more "superpower" psychoses than her
4. hiro...okay, does everyone agree he is pretty much the best character? I mean, unless you suprise him (like a punch in the face), or he has an aneurysm when he does his constipation face, he's pretty much omnipotent
5. hiro's friend...ah, the robin of the series...though, I'd be the same if I had hiro as a friend
6. saresh: so he didn't recognize peter from the cab? I am wondering what his role is gonna be...the most I can think is that Mr. cheerleader dad is the bad "magneto" like unifier--coordinating the powers for evil, while saresh is the Xavier like "good" unifier--helping the heroes figure out their purpose
7. nathan = a big ass, If I were runnign for congress, and I needed name recognition, being the only candidate who doesn't need a helicopter would be a cool way to enter a debate, but he nails psycho, so got to give him props for that
8. black dude...what are his powers so far? is HE syler?
9. cop, come on man, you can read minds and you still get in arguments with the wife? watch "what women want" and learn pal

okay, overall this show FUCKING ROCKS, I just think alot of the interplay is funny

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman