DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 547
2 members and 545 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#31)
THE PATIENT
 
1hander's Avatar
 
Posts: 219
Join Date: July 31, 2006
Location: texas
October 18, 2006, 02:42 PM

i doubt any jury would convict based on a temporary insanity plea, i mean really only some who is completely irrational and or insane,would beat someone to that point.
it doesnt mean its ok to do that, but at that point i dont think any father would be rational or sane.


so yea id let him off scott free too
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to 1hander  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#32)
I heart Tyson's.
 
flameon!'s Avatar
 
Posts: 86
Join Date: August 1, 2006
Location: Arlington
October 18, 2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
Not forgiving someone only effects you. The purpose behind forgiveness, in my mind, is not to vindicate a person for wrongdoing, it's to free yourself of the feelings toward a person or a thing that inhibit you from seeing things clearly, and acting with clarity.

I don't know if I COULD forgive, or even what forgiveness IS in this case. I can't even be angry as much as horrified and empathetic toward the family and the girl.
Ben is the wisest here. Unfortunelty I am not and will share my views.

I like the fact that people can post their views and people can discuss them but when you take a stance like "hatch" I don't know. It seems like Hatch is strong in his beliefs about god and forgiveness but you don't have to put those who don't beleive in such down. I am a huge fan of forgivness when a person earns it. So how exactly did he forgive the boy? He is still hugely upset and distraught. He hasen't really forgiven anything or anyone. His forgiveness is a pre programed religious view. I agree that people hide behind religion when they are incapable of facing something like this. I pray for money all the time and all it got me was a job.

If it were me I'd just have hidden that little shits body really well.




Don't stop when you see the lights coming for you.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#33)
What's today? aah fuck it
 
---> Venom <---'s Avatar
 
Posts: 14,163
Join Date: April 30, 2004
Location: classified
October 18, 2006, 02:46 PM

Wow!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#34)
opossum puncher
 
zx6rfool's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,827
Join Date: June 9, 2003
Location: Winchester
October 18, 2006, 03:48 PM

I am honestly terrified of having a daughter because of something like this. I dont think Im strong enough to be a father yet, not that I plan to be any time soon.


-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#35)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,984
Join Date: October 1, 2002
October 18, 2006, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter
BlackHatch,
Tell me honestly, if you were on that jury, would you throw the book at a father for doing what 1hander says he'd do?
The law is supposed to be applied regardless of sentiment. Would I be very likely to do the same thing if faced with the same situation...sure, however, I would probably go over and knock the parents out because that is likely where the issue originally stemmed.

That all being said, reason, accountability, and our ability to communicate is what separates us from the animal kingdom. When you start defending the abdication of those principles we are no different than them. Do we really want to turn into the intolerant people we are fighting overseas.

That child that 1hander is talking about is obviously sick and maybe permenantly screwed up, however, that does not entitle someone to execute sentencing outside the scope of the law. What happens in the cases of falsly accused or improper identification...ever read To Kill a Mockingbird?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#36)
singin sweet home alabama
 
DvlsAdvc8's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,174
Join Date: March 6, 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
October 18, 2006, 04:45 PM

I must have little character or strength, because I would have clubbed the boy's skull in.

Not a doubt in my mind. No chance in hell I'd have been able to stop myself from turning him into a bloody pulp. Zero chance. And you know what? I'd feel a lot better.

Makes me sick to my stomach to even think about something like that happening.

Screw that forgiveness crap. Some things ought not be forgiven.


"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."

Last edited by DvlsAdvc8; October 18, 2006 at 04:50 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#37)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,984
Join Date: October 1, 2002
October 18, 2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameon!
Ben is the wisest here. Unfortunelty I am not and will share my views.

I like the fact that people can post their views and people can discuss them but when you take a stance like "hatch" I don't know. It seems like Hatch is strong in his beliefs about god and forgiveness but you don't have to put those who don't beleive in such down. I am a huge fan of forgivness when a person earns it. So how exactly did he forgive the boy? He is still hugely upset and distraught. He hasen't really forgiven anything or anyone. His forgiveness is a pre programed religious view. I agree that people hide behind religion when they are incapable of facing something like this. I pray for money all the time and all it got me was a job.

If it were me I'd just have hidden that little shits body really well.
Please show me where I put someone down who held a different view than I. I said that wildjester was coming off as a condscending prick because he was inferring that people that "hide" their pain or anger behind religion are too "weak" to face it.

I am sorry...am I the only one that finds that insulting...? So, if I choose to prayerfully forgive someone...I am hiding behind some almighty omnipotent unseen force because I am weak...?

That is BS and insulting BS at that.

Trust me on this one....it is much easier to go on hating someone and hold a grudge than it is to forgive someone. Try it sometime. It has ruined at least one of my relationships and countless others out there in the world.

I am not trying to promote the idea that Christians that forgive are walking around with their heads in the peverbiale sand, far from it. If you forgive a man that steals from you repeatedly and keep loaning him money, you are in idiot regardless of belief system. By the same token, if you hold your significant other over the coals because they kissed another person and constantly bring it up to their attention and do not give them a second chance, you are doing yourself a diservice. Forgiveness is ultimately given by God but is worthless without being asked for by a repentant and honest heart.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#38)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,984
Join Date: October 1, 2002
October 18, 2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8
I must have little character or strength, because I would have clubbed the boy's skull in.

Not a doubt in my mind. No chance in hell I'd have been able to stop myself from turning him into a bloody pulp. Zero chance.

Makes me sick to my stomach to even think about something like that happening.
There is something tragically wrong with a situation where you could justify beating a child to near death. What separates you from him at that point? He inflicted mental and physical pain upon another and you are in effect, doing the same thing.

He may not have even had a choice in his upbringing and ultimate development.

There was a thread on here the other day about pit bulls and putting down their owners, why not hold this child's owners/parents accountable as well. Do we really think that this child woke up one day and said "hey, I want to be a sexual deviant!!"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#39)
singin sweet home alabama
 
DvlsAdvc8's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,174
Join Date: March 6, 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
October 18, 2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameon!
If it were me I'd just have hidden that little shits body really well.
Amen.


"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#40)
singin sweet home alabama
 
DvlsAdvc8's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,174
Join Date: March 6, 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
October 18, 2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
There is something tragically wrong with a situation where you could justify beating a child to near death. What separates you from him at that point? He inflicted mental and physical pain upon another and you are in effect, doing the same thing.

He may not have even had a choice in his upbringing and ultimate development.

There was a thread on here the other day about pit bulls and putting down their owners, why not hold this child's owners/parents accountable as well. Do we really think that this child woke up one day and said "hey, I want to be a sexual deviant!!"
Don't know, don't care.

Reason went out the window at the moment the daughter is sodomized. That person ceases to exist as a person at that moment as far as I'm concerned.

You might want to forgive, you might have the WILL to forgive, more power to you. I'd kill the SOB without a second thought. Absolutely no doubt in my mind.


"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#41)
singin sweet home alabama
 
DvlsAdvc8's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,174
Join Date: March 6, 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
October 18, 2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHatch
The law is supposed to be applied regardless of sentiment. Would I be very likely to do the same thing if faced with the same situation...sure, however, I would probably go over and knock the parents out because that is likely where the issue originally stemmed.

That all being said, reason, accountability, and our ability to communicate is what separates us from the animal kingdom. When you start defending the abdication of those principles we are no different than them. Do we really want to turn into the intolerant people we are fighting overseas.

That child that 1hander is talking about is obviously sick and maybe permenantly screwed up, however, that does not entitle someone to execute sentencing outside the scope of the law. What happens in the cases of falsly accused or improper identification...ever read To Kill a Mockingbird?
Agree agree and agree.

... and I'd still kill the SOB.


edit- of course, this is dependant upon the proof we're talking about... to truly KNOW who did it. I mean, if I have video of the act on my security system... someone better find the boy before I do, cuz I'm taking his head off. Sorry, that's just how it is.


"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."

Last edited by DvlsAdvc8; October 18, 2006 at 05:08 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#42)
GP Champ
 
Posts: 2,420
Join Date: June 22, 2006
Location: Pigtown, Baltimore
October 18, 2006, 05:07 PM

Okay hatch, you bring up a good point. No I'm not sure of the guilt of this individual. I took the story at face value and assumed absolute knowledge of uilt. Also I'm unsure his age. How old was this care taker? I had the impression (prehaps wrongly) that it was someone of substantial enough age. If it was a 10 year old it might be different. MAYBE. But that's a big huge fat maybe. If it's a 16 year old he's finished.

There are things a society allows. Some of them are codified into law. Some of those laws/penalties spell out removal of an individual (prison/execution) from the rest of society. Now in my world, I'd remove that SOB.

Of course I'd have to totally believe they did what they did. We're assuming good knowledge of the situation like you walked in on it or the child complained and you found the care takers semen in her ass - I'm talking concrete. At that moment of certain knowing, I don't think anyone could hold me back with any moral standing.

First and foremost when interpreting law, you must first consider the intention of the law. We have no laws intending to stop fathers from killing the sadomizers of their practically todler children. The intention of the law is to protect society. Law is supposed to be blind to status *not* to situation. This is almost a good samaritan thing.


Can we get an age on the care taker please?

  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#43)
Still here
 
vstargidget's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,838
Join Date: June 9, 2006
Location: Bristow
October 18, 2006, 05:08 PM

To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favorite books of all time. That said I DO believe in capital punishment, and as a mater of fact last time I checked rope was about .30 cents a foot and it's reusable!


02 1100 VStar

I've got a bike and I ride it year round. Nuff said

.Net - Those that care, post.
Those that don't care, seem to post too.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to vstargidget Send a message via AIM to vstargidget  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#44)
singin sweet home alabama
 
DvlsAdvc8's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,174
Join Date: March 6, 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
October 18, 2006, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstargidget
To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favorite books of all time. That said I DO believe in capital punishment, and as a mater of fact last time I checked rope was about .30 cents a foot and it's reusable!
Now that's what I'm talking about! Efficiency.

Personally, I prefer baseball bats. Physical exertion will make you feel much better. Like beating a pillow, only with a satisfying "crunch".


"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."

Last edited by DvlsAdvc8; October 18, 2006 at 05:14 PM..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#45)
Nothing here
 
Madali's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,108
Join Date: February 20, 2003
Location: Potomac Station Leesburg
October 18, 2006, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter
Okay hatch, you bring up a good point. No I'm not sure of the guilt of this individual. I took the story at face value and assumed absolute knowledge of uilt. Also I'm unsure his age. How old was this care taker? I had the impression (prehaps wrongly) that it was someone of substantial enough age. If it was a 10 year old it might be different. MAYBE. But that's a big huge fat maybe. If it's a 16 year old he's finished.

There are things a society allows. Some of them are codified into law. Some of those laws/penalties spell out removal of an individual (prison/execution) from the rest of society. Now in my world, I'd remove that SOB.

Of course I'd have to totally believe they did what they did. We're assuming good knowledge of the situation like you walked in on it or the child complained and you found the care takers semen in her ass - I'm talking concrete. At that moment of certain knowing, I don't think anyone could hold me back with any moral standing.

First and foremost when interpreting law, you must first consider the intention of the law. We have no laws intending to stop fathers from killing the sadomizers of their practically todler children. The intention of the law is to protect society. Law is supposed to be blind to status *not* to situation. This is almost a good samaritan thing.


Can we get an age on the care taker please?
The care taker was a teenager not quite 16. He admitted his guilt to the detectives and already is forbidden by court to be unsupervised around children, even his own brothers.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.