DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 180
2 members and 178 guests
Heist, RRonin
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Update On My Condition
Unread
  (#1)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

Unhappy Update On My Condition - June 3, 2007, 06:34 PM

Well hello again everyone. I've had some things going on with me in the last month or so dealing with my therapy and some test that neurologists have done with me. I had an EMG test done a little over a month ago, and it didn't go quite as well as I would have liked for it too. For those that don't know, the EMG is basically a nerve tests that checks the nerves and muscles of the area being tested...in this case, my arm. Some areas of the arm the Dr got some responce, some areas more than others. And in a couple cases, there was no responce at all. The Dr that did the EMG test told me not to worry a lot on that though, b/c my nerves were severely damaged and they take a LONG TIME to heal. If I came back in 3-4 months and had another test done, then we'd better know if it would be permanent or if I'd have a chance at becoming a halfway normally functioning person again. Well, after that, I had some MRI's done on my arm by another neurologist, one of the best in town, and he also saw the results of my EMG. Well, my arm looked bad enough to him that he's referred me to one of the nations best neurosurgeons up at Duke University, b/c he was talking about the possibility of a nerve transplant in my bracial plexus, which is the most messed up. I got in touch with Duke, and have an appointment 10 July with the Dr, they're going to do another EMG, and that's where I'm at right now with the doctors.
As far as therapy is going, I've been getting some pretty good results there. I'm able to bend my arm at the elbow a little more than 90 degrees, and I can actually do it fairly easy. I can rotate my shoulder fully forward and fully backwards, and if I'm laying on my back (like I am in therapy) I can move my arm up and over my head and fully extend it. If I was standing up, it'd look like I was flying like Superman. Also, when my arm is extended above my head, while lying on my back again, I can hold my arm arm steady...well, fairly steady as my therapists tap my arm in different directions. I still have pain here and there, but I'm not taking my pain medicine as often as I was. That's a good sign as my pain is continuous as it used to be.
So, that's pretty much where things stand with me now. After my appt. at Duke, I'll let all of you know how things stand then. Thanks for all the upbeat thoughts and words everyone has been sending me here and on MySpace, it's really helped me to stay motivated with my therapy and to keep a positive mental attitude about everything...no matter how frustrating things have gotten. Thanks again guys, and I'll continue keeping you all up to date. Take care!
I'm gonna kick this thing in the ass, doing this all the way!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1023383869

http://www.nki41.com/
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to norihaga  
Unread
  (#2)
Typical Stripper

June 3, 2007, 06:41 PM

Keep at it man.... you will heal up.... the body can do amazing things.

On a side note...Those tests hurt.... I had it done in my back for my perrenial nerve in my leg... still cant lift my foot.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
June 3, 2007, 06:42 PM

Righton Bobby. Sorry to hear about the wall you hit. Keep kicking it it WILL fall down.

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Resident Rodent

June 3, 2007, 07:15 PM

Hang in there Bobby.

Hooah.

- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

http://www.magicratproductions.com
Unread
  (#5)
subUrban Warrior

June 3, 2007, 08:15 PM

Hang in there. I had the nerve testing done on my left leg to test the nerve signal going to my ankle. It can become a challenge and painful. All depends upon your pain threshold and how deep some nerves are.

"I banged so many chicks last year my iPhone address book broke" - overheard at a Dover, DE bar
Unread
  (#6)
DAS BOOT

June 3, 2007, 08:44 PM

darlin.... I'm rooting for you and a speedy "heal" time

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#7)
DT
Yesssssss.....

June 4, 2007, 02:33 AM

I had no idea something was wrong... Hang in there man, I'll be praying for you.

04 600RR - SOLD

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."
- General George Patton Jr
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DT Send a message via AIM to DT Send a message via MSN to DT Send a message via Skype™ to DT 
Unread
  (#8)
Retired to most ...

June 4, 2007, 07:13 AM

Keep it up bro!!

You can beat this thing!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#9)
Spike

June 4, 2007, 07:17 AM

Damn Bobby, keep it up, you're coming along just fine!!!! You'll get it, I have faith....and lots of prayers for you.

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#10)
Meh

June 4, 2007, 07:19 AM

Sorry to hear about the difficulty and continued success with the rehab.

Was this as a result of an injury from a wreck...?
Unread
  (#11)
Go slow to go fast...

June 4, 2007, 08:25 AM

Bobby nothing but POSITIVE thoughts going your way! It will take some time but I'm SURE you will be just fine.

Tony
1-12-2010
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RRonin  
Unread
  (#12)
Repping WPNR is Tennessee

Location: GOOD OL' ROCKY TOP...ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
June 4, 2007, 08:34 AM

Yes it was a result of a wreck......and Bobby.....thats awesome...things will get better....Holla at me if you need anything and we will see you soon.

RIP...Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg WE MISS YOU BUDDY!!!

WulfPakRydaz- Strength in Numbers

Cause thats how we roll......
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to PimpD  
Unread
  (#13)
konichiwa bitches

Location: Over to the left, up a little more....right there!!....FFX
June 5, 2007, 11:02 AM

Hey man, sorry to hear things are not all great but happy to hear you are on the mend. You know we are sending nothing but good thoughts your way.

Leslie

PS.... So how about your boy inching back the points in WSBK???!!!?!?!?! Friggin maniac on the Yami!

XBOX 360 - Neros Lament

"I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass."

http://www.mrsimcard.com/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to lqdgrphcs Send a message via AIM to lqdgrphcs  
Unread
  (#14)
Far from a rookie!!!!!

June 5, 2007, 11:38 AM

DAM Doggie!!!!!! You have my prayers with you, you mos' def> kick this thing hope soon

James

Joe Rocket Whore

Why your man acting like secret service??? I'm going to get you alone and get my secret serviced!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to boogie_gsxr26 Send a message via AIM to boogie_gsxr26  
Unread
  (#15)
Ready To Rock & Roll!

June 5, 2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqdgrphcs
Leslie

PS.... So how about your boy inching back the points in WSBK???!!!?!?!?! Friggin maniac on the Yami!
I know, isn't he the shit?

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally warn out and screaming WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1023383869

http://www.nki41.com/
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to norihaga