DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
5 members and 539 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, shiphteey, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
US Capital Police
Unread
  (#1)
TEAM.SUKUZI
 
iceblizzxdc's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,529
Join Date: May 22, 2006
Location: alexandria
US Capital Police - August 23, 2007, 03:25 PM

WOOoooOhOooOoO...what do ya'll think of the US Capital Police? I have my test on September 22. -and very excited to get back into LE.


sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
M Class Holder
 
Posts: 198
Join Date: December 18, 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
August 23, 2007, 03:39 PM

My ex dated a Capitol Police officer after me. They make damn good money ($100k with Katrina related OT).

Probably have to deal with a lot more public relations crap. Don't let those senators try and smack you around. If you do get in, be careful on the foot patrols.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Groundhogs can play dead
 
tfinch's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,603
Join Date: November 25, 2002
August 23, 2007, 03:48 PM

Ahahaha! I'm waiting for Ben to post up his story!!

PS: good luck on the test!


Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
Owner & Creator
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,418
Join Date: June 11, 2003
Location: TROLL WORLD
August 23, 2007, 03:51 PM

shakes head.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ
 
Posts: 3,459
Join Date: December 29, 2002
Location: NYC UES
August 23, 2007, 04:31 PM

They seem to be cool... They really focus on general safety instead of acting like ticket machines.

They do have one nut on the force who gives people tickets for everything including jaywalking and it looks like they contrained him to 1st & C SE intersection. But other than that, they're cool.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
Chupathingy?
 
Sith4Brains's Avatar
 
Posts: 915
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: Martinsburg WV
August 23, 2007, 05:12 PM

just becareful.



PM me if your in H'Town, MD.
"Can't we go faster?.... Even if we rub cheetah blood on the engines?" -Phillip J. Fry

  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Sith4Brains Send a message via Yahoo to Sith4Brains Send a message via AIM to Sith4Brains Send a message via Skype™ to Sith4Brains 
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
PewPew
 
NoVaGhost's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,858
Join Date: April 29, 2006
Location: A Boat
August 23, 2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblizzxdc
WOOoooOhOooOoO...what do ya'll think of the US Capital Police? I have my test on September 22. -and very excited to get back into LE.
you should refer me once you get in


R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"


  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
Like a clown car on fire
 
Thwack's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,056
Join Date: February 19, 2007
Location: Alexandria, VA
August 23, 2007, 08:54 PM

I know a bit about them.

100k was possible w/ katrina overtime, but that's unlikely to happen again anytime soon, and they are trying to cut down on overtime. You should expect to be into the 60's w/ LEAP. If you want to make mad overtime in the next couple of years, check out Secret Service, either agent or Uniformed Division. With the upcoming campaign, you'll be working nonstop, but you'll make ggreat money.

As was mentioned, USCP really do more security than regular policing, so make sure that's what you want do do. If you dont mind working at a checkpoint for a couple of years until you can jump over to cooler stuff such as K9, Motors, CERT (SWAT), dignitary protection etc. then you'll be fine. If you want tobe responding to calls, pulling over speeders, doing drug busts and such, look more to the local police.


-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
Being nice :)
 
ziggy's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,489
Join Date: March 14, 2007
Location: Where Awesome Happens..
August 23, 2007, 09:04 PM

Got a Cap Cop as a neighbor.....funny, he was looking @ Iraq as an out... G'luck


You're Welcome...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Now with a TBSP of love
 
Spiritnblk's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,990
Join Date: June 16, 2007
Location: Manassas
August 23, 2007, 09:21 PM

The test is pretty easy, but good luck anyway..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
M Class Holder
 
Posts: 198
Join Date: December 18, 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA
August 23, 2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwack
I know a bit about them.

100k was possible w/ katrina overtime, but that's unlikely to happen again anytime soon, and they are trying to cut down on overtime. You should expect to be into the 60's w/ LEAP. If you want to make mad overtime in the next couple of years, check out Secret Service, either agent or Uniformed Division. With the upcoming campaign, you'll be working nonstop, but you'll make ggreat money.

As was mentioned, USCP really do more security than regular policing, so make sure that's what you want do do. If you dont mind working at a checkpoint for a couple of years until you can jump over to cooler stuff such as K9, Motors, CERT (SWAT), dignitary protection etc. then you'll be fine. If you want tobe responding to calls, pulling over speeders, doing drug busts and such, look more to the local police.
I met a Secret Service guy. They are a big step up from capitol police. He told me many of them have MS degrees. He was recuited as a top college wrestler. Sounded like a really cool job.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ
 
buell2001b's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,723
Join Date: October 3, 2004
August 23, 2007, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblizzxdc
WOOoooOhOooOoO...what do ya'll think of the US Capital Police? I have my test on September 22. -and very excited to get back into LE.
I think they let anyone in like VA tech. Some of those cops have the education of a 5th grader. pretty sad. one of those idiots game me a parking ticket on christmas, he was a major azzz. I told the guy that i was parked there becuase the woman who sells the cokes on her truck asked me if i could give her my spot so she would not be all the way to the end of the street. me nice ofcourse i gave her my spot and i said "no cop is going to be such an ass to give anyone a ticket on christmas". i did my good deed. well cop gettho boy decides to be all tuft and gives me a ticket and tells me if i dont move he will have it towed.
it so sad that becuse there aren't any good quality people or becuase of some quota they have to meet, they let any moron in.


Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#13)
Being nice :)
 
ziggy's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,489
Join Date: March 14, 2007
Location: Where Awesome Happens..
August 23, 2007, 11:11 PM

haha...you hump!!! [] :


You're Welcome...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ
 
ladypink600rr's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,887
Join Date: November 25, 2005
Location: Crofton, MD
August 23, 2007, 11:11 PM

a friend/coworker took the test a few weeks ago and is now going through the process. sounds like a great opportunity -- especially since they have like 150 vacancies right now

the test is REALLY easy. I took the federal law enforcement test a few yrs ago and was like omg... you gotta be retarded to fail this.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ
 
ladypink600rr's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,887
Join Date: November 25, 2005
Location: Crofton, MD
August 23, 2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buell2001b
I think they let anyone in like VA tech. Some of those cops have the education of a 5th grader. pretty sad. one of those idiots game me a parking ticket on christmas, he was a major azzz. I told the guy that i was parked there becuase the woman who sells the cokes on her truck asked me if i could give her my spot so she would not be all the way to the end of the street. me nice ofcourse i gave her my spot and i said "no cop is going to be such an ass to give anyone a ticket on christmas". i did my good deed. well cop gettho boy decides to be all tuft and gives me a ticket and tells me if i dont move he will have it towed.
it so sad that becuse there aren't any good quality people or becuase of some quota they have to meet, they let any moron in.
oh they have the education of a 5th grader aren't quality because YOU parked where you weren't supposed to?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.