DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
5 members and 539 guests
beatle, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, shiphteey, Toecutter
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
US Capital Police
Unread
  (#1)
TEAM.SUKUZI

US Capital Police - August 23, 2007, 03:25 PM

WOOoooOhOooOoO...what do ya'll think of the US Capital Police? I have my test on September 22. -and very excited to get back into LE.

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#2)
M Class Holder

August 23, 2007, 03:39 PM

My ex dated a Capitol Police officer after me. They make damn good money ($100k with Katrina related OT).

Probably have to deal with a lot more public relations crap. Don't let those senators try and smack you around. If you do get in, be careful on the foot patrols.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Groundhogs can play dead

August 23, 2007, 03:48 PM

Ahahaha! I'm waiting for Ben to post up his story!!

PS: good luck on the test!

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Owner & Creator

August 23, 2007, 03:51 PM

shakes head.
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

August 23, 2007, 04:31 PM

They seem to be cool... They really focus on general safety instead of acting like ticket machines.

They do have one nut on the force who gives people tickets for everything including jaywalking and it looks like they contrained him to 1st & C SE intersection. But other than that, they're cool.
Unread
  (#6)
Chupathingy?

August 23, 2007, 05:12 PM

just becareful.

PM me if your in H'Town, MD.
"Can't we go faster?.... Even if we rub cheetah blood on the engines?" -Phillip J. Fry

Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Sith4Brains Send a message via Yahoo to Sith4Brains Send a message via AIM to Sith4Brains Send a message via Skype™ to Sith4Brains 
Unread
  (#7)
PewPew

August 23, 2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblizzxdc
WOOoooOhOooOoO...what do ya'll think of the US Capital Police? I have my test on September 22. -and very excited to get back into LE.
you should refer me once you get in

R.I.P. Eric "TheIrishGuy"

"Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#8)
Like a clown car on fire

August 23, 2007, 08:54 PM

I know a bit about them.

100k was possible w/ katrina overtime, but that's unlikely to happen again anytime soon, and they are trying to cut down on overtime. You should expect to be into the 60's w/ LEAP. If you want to make mad overtime in the next couple of years, check out Secret Service, either agent or Uniformed Division. With the upcoming campaign, you'll be working nonstop, but you'll make ggreat money.

As was mentioned, USCP really do more security than regular policing, so make sure that's what you want do do. If you dont mind working at a checkpoint for a couple of years until you can jump over to cooler stuff such as K9, Motors, CERT (SWAT), dignitary protection etc. then you'll be fine. If you want tobe responding to calls, pulling over speeders, doing drug busts and such, look more to the local police.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#9)
Being nice :)

August 23, 2007, 09:04 PM

Got a Cap Cop as a neighbor.....funny, he was looking @ Iraq as an out... G'luck

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#10)
Now with a TBSP of love

August 23, 2007, 09:21 PM

The test is pretty easy, but good luck anyway..
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Spiritnblk  
Unread
  (#11)
M Class Holder

August 23, 2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwack
I know a bit about them.

100k was possible w/ katrina overtime, but that's unlikely to happen again anytime soon, and they are trying to cut down on overtime. You should expect to be into the 60's w/ LEAP. If you want to make mad overtime in the next couple of years, check out Secret Service, either agent or Uniformed Division. With the upcoming campaign, you'll be working nonstop, but you'll make ggreat money.

As was mentioned, USCP really do more security than regular policing, so make sure that's what you want do do. If you dont mind working at a checkpoint for a couple of years until you can jump over to cooler stuff such as K9, Motors, CERT (SWAT), dignitary protection etc. then you'll be fine. If you want tobe responding to calls, pulling over speeders, doing drug busts and such, look more to the local police.
I met a Secret Service guy. They are a big step up from capitol police. He told me many of them have MS degrees. He was recuited as a top college wrestler. Sounded like a really cool job.
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

August 23, 2007, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblizzxdc
I think they let anyone in like VA tech. Some of those cops have the education of a 5th grader. pretty sad. one of those idiots game me a parking ticket on christmas, he was a major azzz. I told the guy that i was parked there becuase the woman who sells the cokes on her truck asked me if i could give her my spot so she would not be all the way to the end of the street. me nice ofcourse i gave her my spot and i said "no cop is going to be such an ass to give anyone a ticket on christmas". i did my good deed. well cop gettho boy decides to be all tuft and gives me a ticket and tells me if i dont move he will have it towed.
it so sad that becuse there aren't any good quality people or becuase of some quota they have to meet, they let any moron in.

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
Unread
  (#13)
Being nice :)

August 23, 2007, 11:11 PM

haha...you hump!!! [] :

You're Welcome...
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

August 23, 2007, 11:11 PM

a friend/coworker took the test a few weeks ago and is now going through the process. sounds like a great opportunity -- especially since they have like 150 vacancies right now

the test is REALLY easy. I took the federal law enforcement test a few yrs ago and was like omg... you gotta be retarded to fail this.
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

August 23, 2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buell2001b
I think they let anyone in like VA tech. Some of those cops have the education of a 5th grader. pretty sad. one of those idiots game me a parking ticket on christmas, he was a major azzz. I told the guy that i was parked there becuase the woman who sells the cokes on her truck asked me if i could give her my spot so she would not be all the way to the end of the street. me nice ofcourse i gave her my spot and i said "no cop is going to be such an ass to give anyone a ticket on christmas". i did my good deed. well cop gettho boy decides to be all tuft and gives me a ticket and tells me if i dont move he will have it towed.
it so sad that becuse there aren't any good quality people or becuase of some quota they have to meet, they let any moron in.
oh they have the education of a 5th grader aren't quality because YOU parked where you weren't supposed to?