DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 528
1 members and 527 guests
2blueyam
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
US House overwhelmingly votes to stop federal funding of Planned Parenthood
Unread
  (#1)
Derpentine Dealer

US House overwhelmingly votes to stop federal funding of Planned Parenthood - February 18, 2011, 04:29 PM

LONG overdue. Not sure if anyone here caught it recently. Probably not since it's not on youtube or ESPN, but Planned Parenthood has gotten their asses handed to them for being the network of abortion mills that they are. A stop in federally subsidized murder of the unborn is looking more like a reality.

I'm guessing some of you will reprint the tired old canard that there is unemployment and other more important things for congress to do right now. To that I offer this: Maybe that $353 million per year spent on subsidizing Planned Parenthood can be sent over to the NIH so that biomedical research can stop floundering. Or maybe it could be used for one or a few of countless other unmet needs in this country. So no, I don't think there are any more important issues for congress to be addressing today.

House Overwhelmingly Votes to Scrap Planned Parenthood Funding | LifeNews.com

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Your Ad Here

February 18, 2011, 04:36 PM

I support abortion and Planned Parenthood, but do not have a problem with ending its subsidization.

LOL @ your classification of the federally subsidized murder of the unborn.
How do you feel about the federally subsidized murder of the born?
Murder is murder no matter how you slice it.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

February 18, 2011, 04:40 PM

I'm against murder in general and subsidized murder in particular. Planned Parenthood performed 350,000 abortions last year and referred less than 800 adoptions.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

February 18, 2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
LONG overdue. Not sure if anyone here caught it recently. Probably not since it's not on youtube or ESPN, but Planned Parenthood has gotten their asses handed to them for being the network of abortion mills that they are. A stop in federally subsidized murder of the unborn is looking more like a reality.

I'm guessing some of you will reprint the tired old canard that there is unemployment and other more important things for congress to do right now. To that I offer this: Maybe that $353 million per year spent on subsidizing Planned Parenthood can be sent over to the NIH so that biomedical research can stop floundering. Or maybe it could be used for one or a few of countless other unmet needs in this country. So no, I don't think there are any more important issues for congress to be addressing today.

House Overwhelmingly Votes to Scrap Planned Parenthood Funding | LifeNews.com

Seriously, have you thought of the consequences of this shit.

1. You shouldn't be able to say shit, if some girl who you dont know, got knocked up in a situation that you do not know, by someone you dont know. End of Fucking story.
There is way to much control on individual rights by book pushing ignorant MF's out there.

2. Potentially those mothers who were having those abortions, could be doing it for a variety of reasons.

Yes, XXXXX sorority sister who got knocked up because she is immature with birth control. Frowned upon, But still, NOT OUR FUCKING DECISION AND THATS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

OR XXXXX woman who had a condom break, faulty condom, faulty BC. Those being responsible have become in the situation where they are not FINANCIALLY ready for a child or MENTALLY ready for a child.

Ask yourself OP how much does the fostering system cost of children who before birth could have been aborted. Or for those mothers that financially or mentally LOST control due to an unplanned pregnancy. THINK ABOUT IT. It has potentially to be a lot more then 3xx million a year.

You can say, oh yeah, they shouldn't have sex, be responsible humans.
GET REAL, that shit is never going to happen, GET REAL.

YES OUR CONGRESS SHOULD BE WORKING TO GET US OUT OF THE FINANCIAL SHITHOLE WE ARE IN INSTEAD OF DEALING WITH THIS BULLSHIT.

Unread
  (#5)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

February 18, 2011, 04:43 PM

All the debates in the world about abortion being right or wrong are irrelevant. The fact remains that it shouldn't be subsidized by our tax dollars.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

February 18, 2011, 04:45 PM

People need to learn how to read. It's about federal funding of abortion. Federal funding. Federal = national government, payed for by us in the form of taxes. Funding = money, payed for by us in the form of taxes.

Stop, read, take a deep breath, and think before you post.

Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

February 18, 2011, 04:47 PM

I'm not a fan of PP, but I'm also not a fan of politicians picking on specific organizations for political reasons.

Federal money flows to a gazillion clinics out there. I don't see why they need to cut funding for this specific organization.
Unread
  (#8)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

February 18, 2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold
I'm not a fan of PP, but I'm also not a fan of politicians picking on specific organizations for political reasons.

Federal money flows to a gazillion clinics out there. I don't see why they need to cut funding for this specific organization.
Mostly because of the.shady shot that goes on.

But personally I'd like to see birth control and abortion funding cuts everywhere . if you can't afford your own condoms or pills ,you shouldn't be having sex . shouldn't be the responsibility of the american taxpayer to fund your poor lifestyle choices

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Unread
  (#9)
Derpentine Dealer

February 18, 2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post

Planned Parenthood is facing over 100 criminal charges, some of which are felonies. Most people have no moral reservations about flu vaccine clinics but do have issues with abortion. By most, I mean most, as in majority.

By the way, this is part of fiscal decision-making for federal budget ratification, not an abortion debate in congress.

Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

February 18, 2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
People need to learn how to read. It's about federal funding of abortion. Federal funding. Federal = national government, payed for by us in the form of taxes. Funding = money, payed for by us in the form of taxes.

Stop, read, take a deep breath, and think before you post.

And how do you think medical care is provided for many of the non aborted should have been aborted situations?
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

February 18, 2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I pay taxes too, and there are a ton of things I would rather not have my taxes go to... Like Egypt's and other countries dictators. But that's the way things go in a democratic society. We end up paying for things we don't want.

We also all accept the ultimate say of the Supreme Court and as far as they are concerned, abortion (and STD testing, etc) is a medical procedure and as such, clinics and doctors should not be penalized for providing this service if they so chose to.
Unread
  (#12)
Derpentine Dealer

February 18, 2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluhokie12 View Post
And how do you think medical care is provided for many of the non aborted should have been aborted situations?
Define "should have been aborted".

Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

February 18, 2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
By the way, this is part of fiscal decision-making for federal budget ratification, not an abortion debate in congress.
If this had anything to do with "fiscal decision-making" they would've cut subsidies for all clinics and hospitals. And a gazzilion other things we subsidize. (instead of targeting one group.)

Of course this is about abortion.
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

February 18, 2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Define "should have been aborted".

Life fails.
Unread
  (#15)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

February 18, 2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluhokie12

Life fails.
Lol.

Explain?

-Fitz

2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!