DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 683
3 members and 680 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
VA homeloan loopholes?!?!
Unread
  (#1)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

VA homeloan loopholes?!?! - October 4, 2011, 09:43 AM

just wondering peoples experience?

and i was wondering... Say i find a house go through the inspection and everything and its good and said house well say asking was 250k... say we talk them down (just for argument sake) to 200k... will i still be able to get the 250k as the loan and use the 50k for upgrades? again im just using this as an example...hopefully i wouldnt need 50k in upgrades but a new arcade/cinema in the basement would be nice and a 14car garage....

jut wondering everyonjes experience etc since we will be looking starting in Jan to purchase

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
it's "Leave," you idiot.

October 4, 2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw626 View Post
just wondering peoples experience?

and i was wondering... Say i find a house go through the inspection and everything and its good and said house well say asking was 250k... say we talk them down (just for argument sake) to 200k... will i still be able to get the 250k as the loan and use the 50k for upgrades? again im just using this as an example...hopefully i wouldnt need 50k in upgrades but a new arcade/cinema in the basement would be nice and a 14car garage....

jut wondering everyonjes experience etc since we will be looking starting in Jan to purchase
No... the VA will only fund the final contract price, plus the VA funding fee if you choose to finance that (around 4500 when i bought mine).

The money also goes directly to the seller/their bank. You will never see those funds
Unread
  (#3)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

October 4, 2011, 09:47 AM

damnit......... ok thats cool then... well just have to use savings... and still talk people down...

because alot of nice areas and moderate priced houses have like ugly blue carpet and woodpaneling for the walls and shit... all stuff i can change on the cheap but if i couldve scored etc $$ out of the deal without going into savings you know...

and why do people in MD think their house is modern and setup like such?!?!

[SIGPIC]http://www.griseldaonline.it/foto/6galleria/tradimenti/warhol%20last%20supper%201986.jpg[/SIGPIC]The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Unread
  (#4)
Can't work my clutch!!

October 4, 2011, 09:55 AM

If it's appraised for 250 and you bought it for 200, you could go the HELOC route.

15 Star Bolt R-Spec
09 600RR ABS
07 600RR
01 GSXR600
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

October 4, 2011, 10:52 AM

You can try to amend the contract and put the extra into an escrow account for your use. When we sold our house years ago we did this for the buyers. They wanted to install hardwood floors and roll that into their mortgage payments. So we amended the contract (upped the sale price by the cost of the flooring estimate) and then put in a clause for a flooring escrow.

Helen
Mom of Donovan,
a GNCC and VCHSS racer

2013 Sponsors: Munn Racing, KTM-Parts.com, Sunstar, ONE Industries, 661, Sunline, Tag Metals, Cycra, Asterisk, Leatt, GoPro, Twin Air, Factory Backing and Mom & Dad

Helen's Facebook
WillowRowRacing Facebook
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SxyRdr Send a message via AIM to SxyRdr  
Unread
  (#6)
What are we doing here???

October 4, 2011, 11:09 AM

Lol, first time home buyer I see. If you want to do mods, ask for money back during closing from your lender. You may get a few grand to do some things depending on who does your loan. The worst they can say is no.

Beauty and The Beast

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Unread
  (#7)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

October 4, 2011, 12:20 PM

Sounds like a lot of risk to borrow another $50k on a home you're only paying $200k for.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

October 4, 2011, 12:49 PM

I'm a first time buyer and going through the wonderful process myself. I asked around work about this before shopping around for a mortgage and I think it depends on the lender. I forget what they call it, something like "cash out", or something to effect. But enough people do it, where there's a term.

I was actually able to get my lender (smaller company) to do this for me, but I think it helped that I asked for it to cover closing costs, lender fees, appraisal, inspection, and it goes on and on... or immediate home improvements. Not the Ducati that I was initially trying to get it for.

Good luck with your search and get ready for a ton of people asking you to sign stuff, give them checks and drop everything you're doing to immediately respond to them. It almost feels like you have a second job... theirs. I can't wait till its over, but it'll be nice once it is.
Unread
  (#9)
SPANNERWRENCHCLICKCLICK

October 4, 2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Sounds like a lot of risk to borrow another $50k on a home you're only paying $200k for.
i was just using it as an example.... we wouldnt need near that much for anything were looking at

Unread
  (#10)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

October 4, 2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw626 View Post
i was just using it as an example.... we wouldnt need near that much for anything were looking at
I wouldn't even consider buying a home that was going to require any cash I couldn't pull out of my own pocket at this point in the economy.

Buy a house in good condition that doesn't need any work, that's what I just did.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#11)
it's "Leave," you idiot.

October 4, 2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark

I wouldn't even consider buying a home that was going to require any cash I couldn't pull out of my own pocket at this point in the economy.

Buy a house in good condition that doesn't need any work, that's what I just did.
This
Unread
  (#12)
Signed up for Track Days!

October 4, 2011, 07:14 PM

pm'd you jw626

Quote:
Real gearheads know that you cant buy horsepower off an Autozone shelf. To play with the big boys, you've gotta pay.
-1997 Ninja 600R
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to keebler