DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 516
2 members and 514 guests
beatle, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
VA Inspection, can they cancel registration
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

VA Inspection, can they cancel registration - January 1, 2008, 10:06 AM

First off Happy New Years to all.

Ok, here is the deal. I live in China and I have 2 vehicles that I still have with VA tags. 2007 Denali and a 2000 Caddy DTS. I have been in the US for about 10 days now and I do not really want to take the 6 hr drive down to DC from NY.

My question is can they suspend the tags if I do not get the inspection done? Worse case is I come down and get the Denali inspected and have my buddy give me for the caddy. I think the bike is up too, so I am sure I can get all 3, he just is not big on mailing anything, I do not blame him.

If someone knows the law please let me know. The cars are driven in upstate NY so I could just take off the windshiled sticker and use the ones ont he tags if the PoPo ask the person that is driving my car.

Thanks for the help

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

January 1, 2008, 10:10 AM

Nope they can just give you a ticket for dead inspection. Thats all. Just take it off is what I would do and they usally won't bother you.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

January 1, 2008, 10:18 AM

You're the best bro, great news!!! Going over to my parents tonight to eat a fat steak!!!

Upstate NY is pretty cool if the car is not all banged up and too old. Plus 90% of them have no idea where the tags should be let alone the stickers.

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Unread
  (#4)
( * )|( * )

January 2, 2008, 07:16 AM

FYI inspections are not recorded by the DMV so you won't have to worry about getting anything due to a flag in their system or anything.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#5)
Owner & Creator

January 2, 2008, 07:40 AM

I need to get my car inspected asap also lol.
Unread
  (#6)
I got dis!

January 2, 2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowngt
You're the best bro, great news!!! Going over to my parents tonight to eat a fat steak!!!

Upstate NY is pretty cool if the car is not all banged up and too old. Plus 90% of them have no idea where the tags should be let alone the stickers.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but other states can't give you tickets for things such as dead inspection (or other such state specific infractions; front tag placement, tint, etc). For instance a MD police officer can't give you a ticket if you and your car are from VA for something like a dead inspection or your tint not meeting their requirements.

- Matt

Quoted from AIM. A conversation with Dwight about him and Ben.
"cpsdwight: i couldnt believe that i was keeping him up"

Harvey - "I can't date fat chicks man, there's just too much material there. Someone's gotta be thin in the relationship and it's obviously not me."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnfiend Send a message via AIM to Drgnfiend  
Unread
  (#7)
whoa preppy......

January 2, 2008, 07:58 AM

They will cancel your plates if you do not get an emissions inspection. State inspection they will never know about. To renew plates, you must pass an emissions test every two years.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
whoa preppy......

January 2, 2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgnfiend
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but other states can't give you tickets for things such as dead inspection (or other such state specific infractions; front tag placement, tint, etc). For instance a MD police officer can't give you a ticket if you and your car are from VA for something like a dead inspection or your tint not meeting their requirements.

that's correct.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Meh

January 2, 2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot
They will cancel your plates if you do not get an emissions inspection. State inspection they will never know about. To renew plates, you must pass an emissions test every two years.
They won't cancel your registration...you will not be allowed to renew without the emissions pass.
Unread
  (#10)
PewPew

January 2, 2008, 03:40 PM

<---- has never had a shop test car for emissions...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to NoVaGhost  
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

January 4, 2008, 01:32 AM

Hmmmmm, I got both cars done for emmissions last year, so I am ok, I think. I get the renewal for both in the mail, sent them in so I must be getting new stickers for the plates.

I'll keep ya informed.

Thanks to all.

Keep it up!!!!!!!