DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
3 members and 557 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

August 22, 2005, 03:31 PM

Mexican Myth or Texas Terror?

by Holly Fenner
Is a local Texas television station desperate for ratings or is there something behind the legend of the Chupacabra?

A recent home video of an unidentified animal has Texas residents again pointing fingers at the famed Mexican folklore creature. WOAI Channel 4 in San Antonio broadcast the sighting in June. Watch the WOAI news story. This isn't the first or even second time this suspected "blood-sucking thing from beyond" has claimed fame in the Lonestar State.

WOAI Channel 4 first broadcast the discovery of the Texas Chupacabra in July 2004. A rancher in Elmendorf shot and killed the creature after it attacked his chickens. The animal was hairless, except for a strip going down its back, with blue-grey skin, a long, rat-like tail, a serious overbite with large canine teeth, and appeared to be suffering from mange, a chronic skin disease of mammals cause by parasitic mites and characterized by skin lesions and loss of hair.

Several months later in October, another animal resembling the "Elmendorf Beast" was shot and killed and several sightings were reported in Lufkin stirring another wave of WOAI Channel 4 chupacabra broadcasts. Check out a photo of this alleged Texas Chupacabra.

Honestly, are people buying this?

Before its latest northern migration, alleged attacks of the Chupacabra, or "the Goat Sucker," first appeared in the 1960s in Mexico and Puerto Rico. An impressive series of attacks plagued the Mexican livestock in the 1990s and the Chupacabra was termed "the single most notable cryptozoological phenomenon of the past decade" by America's leading cryptozoologist Loren Coleman.

The beast preyed on livestock, usually goats and chickens, and killed the animals vampire-style, draining the blood completely through the animal's neck and leaving the meat intact. Consequently, there is some controversy surrounding the idea that the Chupacabra attacks humans. A homeowner caught a glimpse of the creature after the Chupacabra allegedly broke into the house through a window, tore apart a child's Teddy bear, and left a pile of slime and a piece of rotten meat on the windowsill. One woman claimed she was attacked by a beast with horns and wings. From the bite marks on her neck she believed the beast was a Chupacabra. Another physical attack was reported in Guanica, Puerto Rico. Osvaldo Claudio Rosado claimed he was grabbed from behind by a gorilla. He was later treated for cuts and scratches on his torso. What makes this attack so mysterious is that Puerto Rico doesn't have gorillas.

Though eyewitness accounts vary, the Mexican Chupacabra towers at a ferocious 3 to 5 feet, with bulging, red eyes, a snake-like tongue, gray skin, long, spinal quills, and a sulfur-like stench. The Chupacabra also boasts multiple talents such as the ability to fly or bound like a kangaroo. Check out a rendering of the fabled Mexican Chupacabra here.

Clearly, the descriptions for the cross-cultural bloodsucker don't add up, but who's to say that evolution doesn't work at top speed. Still, the Texas Chupacabra phenomenon has sparked an intense debate among scientists, zoologists, and residents. Though DNA tests were run on the "Elmendorf Beast", the rancher won't release the results because he was not satisfied and wants a second opinion. He's absolutely right, a folklore creature bound for infamy is much more intriguing than any sensible answer, and the six o'clock news would not get nearly as much attention.

So whether it's a dog having a bad hair day, a mangy coyote, a Muntjac deer, or the legendary Chupacabra, watch your goat's back and stay tuned to your local Texas news source.[img][/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg critter-1.jpg (45.4 KB, 3 views)
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Budah79 Send a message via AIM to Budah79  
Unread
  (#2)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

August 22, 2005, 03:37 PM

I heard of this before hahahaha

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#3)
A girl must have her toys

August 22, 2005, 03:37 PM

I remember hearing stories about this.... My grandparents used to talk about it. It supposedly started in PR after a big light hit the Observatorio de Puerto Rico which is the biggest antenna the US has.

http://www.naic.edu/index.htm

They say this is where the US communicates with the extra-terrestrials. Very Sci-Fi!

Danette a/k/a "Dee"-"Poyita"-"La Motora"
T.W.A.T. - GI Jane T.W.A.T.
Meritorious W.A.R.P. Member
99' Cougar
03' 600RR (For Sale)
04' RX8 (For Sale)
08' Dodge Caliber SRT4 Turbo
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to POYITA Send a message via AIM to POYITA  
Unread
  (#4)
Addicted to Cajen food...

August 22, 2005, 03:39 PM

Finally, the image to silence all the sceptics and Nessie nay-sayers. Innovative Loch Ness researcher and local commentator, Mikko Takala, has managed to obtain this clear photograph of Nessie - a plesiosaur - in Loch Ness. The incredible image was captured at 17.14 on 30 July 2005

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
B
It goes to 11.

August 25, 2005, 12:24 PM

uhhh...Tree Fiddy?
http://www.lochness.co.uk/fan_club/thisyr.html

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#6)
i like to make toilet

August 25, 2005, 12:34 PM

whether it is real or fake that things is foul
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
B
It goes to 11.

August 25, 2005, 12:39 PM

Chef's dad: Say, would you crackers like to hear about the time we saw the Loch Ness monster?
Stan: No, that's okay.
Chef's dad: Ooh, it must've been about seven, eight years ago. Me and the little lady was out on this boat, you see, all alone at night, when all of a sudden this huge creature, this giant crustacean from the paleolithic era, comes out of the water.
Chef's mom: We was so scared, Lord have mercy, I jumped up in the boat and I said "Thomas, what on earth is that creature?!"
Thomas: It stood above us looking down with these big red eyes,-
Chef's mom: Oh, it was so scary!
Thomas: -and I yelled. I said, "What do you want from us, monster?!" And the monster bent down and said, "…Uh I need about tree-fitty." [a long silence follows]
Kyle: What's tree-fitty?
Thomas: Three dollars and fifty cents.
Chef's mom: Tree-fitty.
Stan: He wanted money?
Thomas: That's right. I said "I ain't giving you no tree-fitty you goddamn Loch Ness monster! Get your own goddamn money!"
Chef's mom: I gave him a dollar.
Thomas: She gave him a dollar.
Chef's mom: I thought he'd go away if I gave him a dollar.
Thomas: Well of course he's not gonna go away, Nellie! You gave him a dollar, he's gonna assume you got more!

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#8)
Resident Rodent

August 25, 2005, 02:05 PM

Looks like a cyote with mange.

- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

http://www.magicratproductions.com
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
August 25, 2005, 02:09 PM

Whats for dessert?

Squirrel pie

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#10)
girls just wanna have fun

August 25, 2005, 10:54 PM

Looks like that "world's ugliest dog" just died.

If it doesn't kill me, I'm doing it again.
1986 Honda Rebel 250 (tee-hee ... SOLD)
2001 Honda CBR F4i (SOLD)
2001 Honda Magna VF750
2007 Ducati S2R1000
2009 BMW F800ST
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whirled  
Unread
  (#11)
www.got-one.com

August 26, 2005, 07:12 AM

MMM I like mine with some fried rice and a spring roll.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to gotone  
Unread
  (#12)
www.got-one.com

August 26, 2005, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzu
Finally, the image to silence all the sceptics and Nessie nay-sayers. Innovative Loch Ness researcher and local commentator, Mikko Takala, has managed to obtain this clear photograph of Nessie - a plesiosaur - in Loch Ness. The incredible image was captured at 17.14 on 30 July 2005

That looks like a guy swimming. His arm is raised in the air and I see his trunks under the water.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to gotone  
Unread
  (#13)
Groundhogs can play dead

August 26, 2005, 07:29 AM

must be real, it's got family!

although I have to agree, it does look like a sick, starved, mangy coyote.

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Racer

August 26, 2005, 07:49 AM

Looks like one of the guys I ride with!!!!!!

I am going to see if I can get one to kill my neighbors cats

Can't choose between the R1 and the 10R so I am keeping both but settled with an 1198S when I came home

Keep it up!!!!!!!