DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 571
4 members and 567 guests
GRN96WS6, nootherids, shiphteey, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
boxing twins

March 25, 2004, 05:31 PM

Thought I'd post in response to Sharon's *crickets* thread.

Driving to work this morning on 495 (north of DC), I see several cars making hard evasive maneuvers around a piece of exhaust pipe. Well, a sluggish Cadillac was braking hard and got it stuck under the front suspension. *SPARKS*

My guts told me some junker just ahead is jettisoning hard parts, so I flip on my hazard lights, and picked up the pace (in my car) to find what's what. To my surprise, about 1000' ahead is a Lexus SC430 spewing oil smoke from its' underbelly!

I flash my high beams at the SC's oil soaked bumper about 15 seconds, until the oblivious driver pulls over one lane and gives me a "what the hell do you want?" look. I point for him to pull over. His passenger gets a clue and notices the cloud of oil smoke trailing behind them. He pulls off the road and I keep driving, since it was tow-truck time for that car.

+1 karma point

Flash forward to lunch time traffic.

I'm driving my boss and I to a great Chinese restaurant near work. A long line of traffic is rapidly slowing approaching a red light and I'm one lane too far left, so I flip on my turn signal and check my right mirror. Nothing beside me, but a black Camry about 200' or so back in the right lane accelerates (I stop in the left lane with the rest of traffic), then brakes hard successfully preventing my lane change. He didn't even have the decency to give me a dirty "you're not getting in front of me" look as he stopped beside me.

Successfully deterred, I turn off my signal and look forward when I hear the screech of locked tires behind me to my right. Three seconds pass and end with the thump of a rear end collision.

It wasn't my car.

It was the Camry to my right.

That collision could have been avoided had he simply let me change lanes.

Moral of the story: Who's keeping score?

-- Chris
BMW R1100s
(previous rides: '82 KTM250, '95 CBR600F3, '98 Buell S3T, 2000 Hayabusa, 2008 R1200R)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hayabusafiend  
Unread
  (#2)
Happiness Consultant

March 25, 2004, 08:18 PM

word. good story.

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave