DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 517
2 members and 515 guests
beatle, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Verizon won't give me the time of day
Unread
  (#1)
All weather rider

Verizon won't give me the time of day - March 15, 2011, 03:15 PM

Literally. The Bank of America thread today reminded me about this. In the DC area Verizon will no longer offer dial-up time or weather information, effective June 2011. I rarely use my land line phone anymore, but I'd put the weather on speakerphone while making breakfast- faster and more conveniant than logging on to the computer waiting for the radio weather. I had Fios Internet, phone, and TV; I just signed off of all but the high speed Internet. I stream movies through Netflix, and don't have time to watch much TV. I'm now getting local HD programming anyway with a nice antenna I bought. Verizon says the call-in weather is a remnant of a bygone era. Screw 'em- the whole phone service is.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
T.R.I.T.D.H

March 15, 2011, 03:20 PM

?

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#3)
Give me the Ban Button!

March 15, 2011, 03:21 PM

Do you feel better now?

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#4)
Derpentine Dealer

March 15, 2011, 03:23 PM

You should check out Sprint. I can get the time right on my phone with the clock feature.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#5)
Popplers!

March 15, 2011, 03:24 PM

Purchase a devices that reads the weather to you?

If you can't find one I'll make it, just pay me up front.
Unread
  (#6)
All weather rider

March 15, 2011, 03:24 PM

The commonality is that both companies suck ass and I no longer care to do business with them. Verizon no longer has a monopoly; you don't need a verizon-serviced phone and you can get your internet access elsewhere.
Unread
  (#7)
B
It goes to 11.

March 15, 2011, 03:25 PM

HA!

Verizon... I've never been on a call shorter than 35 minutes with them.

We signed up for the triple package Phone/Internet/TV. We wanted to upgrade the TV package three days later with the Speed channel package.. so I call them up, and they say that if I UPGRADE, and PAY THEM MORE MONEY, I will lose my free DVR for 1 year ($15 a month). I talk to 4 people, escalating the call each time to another individual or supervisor. I finally get this woman on the phone that clearly takes calls like mine. She is immediately a very cordial bully. Tells me that it's impossible, that upgrading will necessarily kick me out of the option to recieve incentives... for paying them more money.

It took twenty additional minutes to relate her to the irrationality of the whole thing. I likened it to buying an iPhone, upgrading the plan from 400 minutes to 600 minutes, and being told that instead of paying $200 for the phone I'd need to now pay $300, despite the fact that I've merely scaled my plan to meet my needs because upgrading a plan would nullify the signup bonus. She then said I should have done it from the beginning, and I was forced to counter with "how can I select a plan that meets my needs without the option to sample the service???". It got me nowhere... we were stuck with the package OR paying $30 more a month for additional service, AND paying $15.99 for the DVR as well.

I ended up telling her I would cancel the service (within the 30 days of install) and simply reopen the account with my preferred package. I told her I would rip out all the wiring, and make a technician reinstall EVERYTHING. I asked her what the cost benefit of that would be for Verizon... I asked her how much she thought it cost Verizon to install to my house for 4 hours... again.

She gave me some $15.99 loyal customer credit for 12 months. Fuck you, bitch.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.

Last edited by B; March 15, 2011 at 03:28 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#8)
All weather rider

March 15, 2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
Do you feel better now?
Yup. felt better the moment I cut the cord.
Unread
  (#9)
I'm a llama again!

March 15, 2011, 03:54 PM

Well what time do you get up? I am at work a little before 7:00 AM everyday. For $50.00 a month you can call me every morning and I will read off the weather for you. For $100.00 a month I will say it in a sexy voice.
Unread
  (#10)
Give me the Ban Button!

March 15, 2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
Well what time do you get up? I am at work a little before 7:00 AM everyday. For $50.00 a month you can call me every morning and I will read off the weather for you. For $100.00 a month I will say it in a sexy voice.

But will you give him the time of day?

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#11)
All weather rider

March 15, 2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
I'll have to hear a sample of your sexy voice before I sign up.
Unread
  (#12)
All weather rider

March 15, 2011, 04:08 PM

Unless you can can get a few thousand people to pay a few bucks a month for a recorded message, it wouldn't be worth your time and trouble.
Unread
  (#13)
I'm a llama again!

March 15, 2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
But will you give him the time of day?

Of course if he ops for that option.
Unread
  (#14)
T.R.I.T.D.H

March 17, 2011, 08:59 AM

^ghey.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#15)
Site Owner

March 17, 2011, 09:08 AM

Verizon customer service sucks. It's too bad their internet (FIOS) service is so badass. Constant 50MB downstream with 30MB up for 90$ a month? Mkay!

I just hope and pray that nothing ever goes wrong with it because I loathe getting on the phone to Verizon tech support.

Back to the OP... sooo... if you have TV why not put on the weather channel? Or if you have internet, why not look up the weather there? Seriously, calling time & temperature is what my Grandma does.

At the beep, the time will now be.... 10:09 AM.

BEEP

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper