DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 636
3 members and 633 guests
GRN96WS6, Nobrains, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Veterinary Recommendations near Herndon?
Unread
  (#1)
unapologetic

Veterinary Recommendations near Herndon? - July 8, 2011, 09:05 AM

We've been taking the dogs to Pender Vet Center in Fair Oaks for the past 5 years or so, looking to make a change. Pender has a GIGANTIC staff we are looking for a more personal relationship. I'm sure the huge staff lends to the seemingly higher care prices as well. Routine shots per dog are going to cost around $300 for this round, they want $450 to give a dental under anesthesia. Since we've got two dogs, do the math. Yikes.

We are in Herndon. I would like to find a Vet in Herndon or Sterling. Prefer recommendations from people who have actually brought pets to the vet they are vouching for and had a good experience with them.

Thanks

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
The last urrbendah

July 8, 2011, 09:08 AM

Any local Chinese restaurant. They'll take good care of them.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#3)
#swag

July 8, 2011, 09:12 AM

Pender is a ripoff. My roommate takes his Am. Bulldog to Dr. Segl at Alpha Animal Hospital - Veterinary Clinic in Fairfax, Virginia. He's very satisfied with her, and it's a small office like you're looking for. It's in Fairfax, though.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#4)
Officially Addicted to Posting

July 8, 2011, 09:14 AM

I take Justice to Dominion Animal in Herndon. Sadiq used to go there also. I take Justice to Pender Pet Retreat near Rt 50 and 28 for when I go out on weekends. Dominion has discounts on certain days also. Let Wanda or Kim know that Warren with Justice or Coach G.Warren (they sponsor my football team) sent you of you try them.

GsxRBulldog---NEVER EVER mistake my kindness for Weakness or waste my or my friends time. That would be unwise

G-Dog's total site

There is no trick to it, I just work harder than you.
BANNED from R1-Forum for Bad Attitude on 8/16/2010

'01 GsxR 750----Bike heaven (in a better place)
'01 GsxR 1000---"Bad Ass"....Sold it
'03 GsxR 1000---"G-Note".... Sold it
'04 GsxR 600----"Lil Bastard" Sold to JBoggy
'05 Gsxr 750----"Visitor" Sold back to her Momma
'06 Gsxr 600----"BabyBoy Blue" for Track
'06 GsxR 1000---"GhostFace" for Street

that's GsxrBulldog to you SON!!!
W u l f no P a k va R y d a z
President 2/2010 to 2/2013
: : Power of Purpose : :
remember our fallen friends
•always in our hearts • watching over us•
•#135 Katie•Dragula•#47 Bambam•Vega
www.wulfpakrydaz.com
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to GsxrBulldog Send a message via AIM to GsxrBulldog  
Unread
  (#5)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 8, 2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
We've been taking the dogs to Pender Vet Center in Fair Oaks for the past 5 years or so, looking to make a change. Pender has a GIGANTIC staff we are looking for a more personal relationship. I'm sure the huge staff lends to the seemingly higher care prices as well. Routine shots per dog are going to cost around $300 for this round, they want $450 to give a dental under anesthesia. Since we've got two dogs, do the math. Yikes.

We are in Herndon. I would like to find a Vet in Herndon or Sterling. Prefer recommendations from people who have actually brought pets to the vet they are vouching for and had a good experience with them.

Thanks
Herndon Clocktower Animal Hospital is great. Good people, good service -of course they try to upsell you on all sorts of stuff (what vet doesnt?)

Clocktower Animal Hospital

2008 Ninja 250r
2006 GSXR-600
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to tiblot  
Unread
  (#6)
Elite Racing

July 8, 2011, 09:32 AM

Chris, it's a short trek for you over 606 or 50, but give Aldie Vets a try in South Riding. They're a small shop with 3 docs (Dr Luce - Owner, Dr Patty and Dr Hood) who are all great and personable. They've seen all of our pups, Onyx, Jack, Jill & Daphne. All the other vet techs and front desk staff are really nice, too.

When we had to put Jill down last year, Dr Luce and one of the head techs offered to come over to our house so that Jill would be more comfortable. We've obviously developed a close relationship with them and highly recommend them. Their prices are very reasonable and we always feel satisfied that we're getting proper care for our pups.

They're in South Riding just off South Riding Blvd by the South Riding Inn.

Edit - per the post above, we never feel like they're trying to oversell or upsell. It's straight and to the point.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed

Last edited by Castle; July 8, 2011 at 09:35 AM..
Unread
  (#7)
Typical Stripper

July 8, 2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle View Post
Chris, it's a short trek for you over 606 or 50, but give Aldie Vets a try in South Riding. They're a small shop with 3 docs (Dr Luce - Owner, Dr Patty and Dr Hood) who are all great and personable. They've seen all of our pups, Onyx, Jack, Jill & Daphne. All the other vet techs and front desk staff are really nice, too.

When we had to put Jill down last year, Dr Luce and one of the head techs offered to come over to our house so that Jill would be more comfortable. We've obviously developed a close relationship with them and highly recommend them. Their prices are very reasonable and we always feel satisfied that we're getting proper care for our pups.

They're in South Riding just off South Riding Blvd by the South Riding Inn.

Edit - per the post above, we never feel like they're trying to oversell or upsell. It's straight and to the point.
My folks have been taking their dogs there for years. They really like the staff and the approach.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
GET SOME ! ! !

July 8, 2011, 09:53 AM

I'm with Warren on this one, we have three dogs, and take all of them to Dominion animal hospital in Herndon. They are all very friendly and personable, its a smaller hospital, with a small staff but still very knowledgeable, and like Warren said, on certain days of the week their shots and vaccines are discounted, I believe on Tuesdays (but you can call and verify this with the front desk).

Dominion - Animal Hospital

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#9)
Groping is a skill...

July 8, 2011, 09:58 AM

We take our pets to Banfield. Got really lucky with them both in Sterling and here in Texas. Plus we got insurance for all three of them. Its like $100/month for all chihuahuas. It includes all shots and routine check ups for them.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
unapologetic

July 8, 2011, 01:53 PM

Thanks guys for the responses. A more personable option is exactly what we are looking for, you all put up some great options.

Much obliged.

"ride on #47, ride on"

on the internet you can be anyone you want, it's strange that so many people choose to be so stupid
Unread
  (#11)
Owner of the Site Owner

July 8, 2011, 01:59 PM

i only go to alpha animal hospital in ffx - close to pender. she has the same staff there all the time, and they even watch my pup when i go on vaactions. i stop by there with him just to say hi.

its a true family oriented place, not a money making in and out service.

i wouldn't take my dog else where.

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#12)
Toe Dragger

July 8, 2011, 04:13 PM

Chris,
When I lived in Herndon, I took all of the kids to Clocktower.. great people, great facility..

Chad
Sales Manager Duc Pond Motosports
I Make you Ducati Dreams Come True... LOL! Seriously! I do!

1999 Ducati 996 (sold)
1998 GSXR600 track bike (shamu) sold..
2008 Kwaki Versys sold...
2006 VFR800 Sold..
2001 Road King? Yep....