DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 539
3 members and 536 guests
Nobrains, Sal_the_man, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Vick 4 for 4 19 yards
Unread
  (#1)
Track Ho

Vick 4 for 4 19 yards - August 27, 2009, 10:15 PM

congrats and welcome back Mike

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Give me the Ban Button!

August 27, 2009, 10:25 PM

Now if he can just stay away from the dog park

I give him 1 year till he is in trouble with the cops again

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#3)
MA! THE MEATLOAF!!!!!!!!!

August 28, 2009, 06:28 AM

I think it's pretty ridiculous that we had to hear about and see all the coverage and lead-up to his "debut", yet they chose to broadcast the damn Dolphins-Bucs game instead of the Philly one. Retards.

R.I.P. JEFF VEGA

Slow: Well, that was a bad idea because jamming the turd back in caused the gas behind it to back up and just about the time I went in for what probably would have been the thrust that got the turd out of my way, the gas exploded. It shot my dick and the turd out like a rocket. Now, if getting your dick explosively expelled from your chick's ass and then getting hit in the gut with a flying turd doesn't make your dick soft, you're a better man than I am.
Unread
  (#4)
Popplers!

August 28, 2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holla95 View Post
I think it's pretty ridiculous that we had to hear about and see all the coverage and lead-up to his "debut", yet they chose to broadcast the damn Dolphins-Bucs game instead of the Philly one. Retards.
This.

I still hate Vick, it's going to be a very difficult season for me.
Unread
  (#5)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

August 28, 2009, 08:51 AM

Vick looks like he is ready to play. I bet a lot of teams are gonna try to pick him up next year if he continues to do well.

Minnesota is having terrible PR with their addition of Brett Favre. He is just a cancer on football teams now and should stay retired.

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#6)
Meet your Maker

August 28, 2009, 08:56 AM

I think as long as Vick can stay with Tony Dungy he will finally straighten out. Granted he grew up in the hood, was given a vt ride to play ball, and had no guidence ever. He finally has it

He will be a great addition to any NFL team, never going to be the best QB but deff an amazing athlete. Hope him the best with his football career, could care less about his life other than that.

As far as Brett Farve who was PREVIOUSLY my favorite player growing up. Roger needs to make his next retirement contract permanent. Brett Farve self destructed his image, career, and past achievments.

I am ready to meet my maker but is my maker ready for the ordeal of meeting me...
Looking for a Race Bike
------------------------------------------------
NESBA #199, Roger Lyle #199
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l...ut18/2-2-1.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MikeyB  
Unread
  (#7)
Magic Carpet Ride

August 28, 2009, 09:15 AM

What I think about Michael Vick...
Unread
  (#8)
Goodpeopledrinkgoodbeer

August 28, 2009, 09:16 AM

1 completion was a shovel pass, another a screen pass...let's not get carried away here.

I'm trying to think, but nothing happens - Curly Stooge

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#9)
Riding is like Sex. WEEE!

August 28, 2009, 09:23 AM

True nytard, but it looks like the speed of the game isn't overwhelming him again. That is the biggest adjustment

"Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside."

"I don't like being famous - it is like a prison. And driving for Ferrari would make it far worse."

"I race to win. If I am on the bike or in a car it will always be the same."

"I'm Valentino Rossi. And I want to be a person, not an icon."

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Rossi Send a message via AIM to Rossi Send a message via Skype™ to Rossi 
Unread
  (#10)
Goodpeopledrinkgoodbeer

August 28, 2009, 11:09 AM

Rossi, also true.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#11)
Track Ho

August 28, 2009, 11:20 AM

you forgot to mention the one that went for like 9 yards and a first down

He was set up to take 5-10 snaps, he took 6

I am not sayin he came out and ran for a touchdown

But he came out and did his thing and showed the world that he still can hang with the NFL, good for him

Can't wait till they play the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytard View Post
1 completion was a shovel pass, another a screen pass...let's not get carried away here.

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#12)
Goodpeopledrinkgoodbeer

August 28, 2009, 11:29 AM

I agree. I hold nothing against the guy, I'm glad he's back in the league. I however do not like the Eagles or all of the media hype.

Unread
  (#13)
Eddie would go ...

September 9, 2009, 12:42 PM

I love me some dog shelters, but these idiots are not helping...

see ad in today's Post:

ESPN.com: NFL
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Vick tackles could help shelters
By John Barr
ESPN.com

Philadelphia -- A Philadelphia-area animal shelter is determined to proceed with its unusual Michael Vick marketing campaign, despite the recently signed quarterback's public appearance Tuesday, and despite the Eagles' pledge to enact a broad-based campaign to fight animal cruelty.

Bill Smith, CEO and founder of Main Line Animal Rescue, told ESPN Tuesday that he plans to take out an advertisement in Wednesday's Washington Post.
The ad, a copy of which has been sent to ESPN, the Eagles and various national animal rights groups, reads:

"Attention Football Fans. Philadelphia is playing Washington on October 26th.
"Every time Michael Vick is tackled during the game, Main Line Animal Rescue will donate 5 bags of dog food to your local animal shelter."

A subhead on the advertisement reads:
"Because there are no second chances on an empty stomach."

"We feel guilty sending Michael Vick to these other cities," Smith said.
"Maybe it's our way of apologizing for bringing Michael Vick on our team."

The advertisements will appear in the local newspapers of other cities the Eagles visit, Smith said.
Washington was selected as the first city to launch the ad campaign before NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made the announcement to re-instate Vick in Week 3, Smith said.

The NFL had no comment. An Eagles spokeswoman, in an email, said that she was unaware of the plans for the upcoming ad and did not offer a comment.
Smith, who attended a recent meeting between members of the Eagles front office and Philadelphia-area animal welfare groups, says he'll also move forward with plans to place billboard advertisements near Lincoln Financial Field, the Eagles' home stadium.
Smith originally told ESPN those billboards would have a strong anti-Vick message, but he has since toned down his rhetoric.

Smith told ESPN Tuesday that he is now planning to put up billboards that will raise public awareness of animal cruelty.

"There's really nothing we can do about Michael Vick being in Philadelphia," Smith said. "But I thought this would be a good way to come up with a solution where we could help a few dogs."

Main Line Animal Rescue, a no-kill shelter near Valley Forge, Pa., takes in more than 1,000 dogs a year, according to Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#14)
I got a need for Speed!_!

September 9, 2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I love me some dog shelters, but these idiots are not helping...

see ad in today's Post:

ESPN.com: NFL
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Vick tackles could help shelters
By John Barr
ESPN.com

Philadelphia -- A Philadelphia-area animal shelter is determined to proceed with its unusual Michael Vick marketing campaign, despite the recently signed quarterback's public appearance Tuesday, and despite the Eagles' pledge to enact a broad-based campaign to fight animal cruelty.

Bill Smith, CEO and founder of Main Line Animal Rescue, told ESPN Tuesday that he plans to take out an advertisement in Wednesday's Washington Post.
The ad, a copy of which has been sent to ESPN, the Eagles and various national animal rights groups, reads:

"Attention Football Fans. Philadelphia is playing Washington on October 26th.
"Every time Michael Vick is tackled during the game, Main Line Animal Rescue will donate 5 bags of dog food to your local animal shelter."

A subhead on the advertisement reads:
"Because there are no second chances on an empty stomach."

"We feel guilty sending Michael Vick to these other cities," Smith said.
"Maybe it's our way of apologizing for bringing Michael Vick on our team."

The advertisements will appear in the local newspapers of other cities the Eagles visit, Smith said.
Washington was selected as the first city to launch the ad campaign before NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made the announcement to re-instate Vick in Week 3, Smith said.

The NFL had no comment. An Eagles spokeswoman, in an email, said that she was unaware of the plans for the upcoming ad and did not offer a comment.
Smith, who attended a recent meeting between members of the Eagles front office and Philadelphia-area animal welfare groups, says he'll also move forward with plans to place billboard advertisements near Lincoln Financial Field, the Eagles' home stadium.
Smith originally told ESPN those billboards would have a strong anti-Vick message, but he has since toned down his rhetoric.

Smith told ESPN Tuesday that he is now planning to put up billboards that will raise public awareness of animal cruelty.

"There's really nothing we can do about Michael Vick being in Philadelphia," Smith said. "But I thought this would be a good way to come up with a solution where we could help a few dogs."

Main Line Animal Rescue, a no-kill shelter near Valley Forge, Pa., takes in more than 1,000 dogs a year, according to Smith.
Everyone likes to self promote. Chances are Vick will barely see the field more then a few snaps a game at best until McNabb gets hurt. So, they might not be donating much dog food, probably spent way more on the ad then what they will give.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#15)
AMA Superbike Champ

September 9, 2009, 04:58 PM

What ever happened to Vick's brother? Oh yeah, he's still getting in trouble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Vick

Vicks are pure class.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CBontheMV