DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 502
1 members and 501 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
The victims of the plane crash in Florida
Unread
  (#1)
Site Admin

The victims of the plane crash in Florida - July 12, 2007, 03:24 PM

....this hits close to home for me. I got this email today from a relative on my wife's side of the family. Andy, is an uncle of my wife, I know him pretty well, his son's house was one of the 2 houses that were destroyed by the plane crash a few days ago...rather than me explain, here is a copy of the email.....

On 7/12/07, Andrew F DECHAT <xxxxxx@verizon.net> wrote:

"On July 10 a plane flew into my son Peter's house in Sanford, Florida, and that of a neighbor.

A 24year old mother and infant died instantly at the neighbor's.

My 4year old grand-daughter, Gaby, died instantly in the flames. A fireman- neighbor was able to pull Peter (36), wife Millie (30) and son Danny(10) from the Inferno, suffering burn and inhalation injuries in the process. He and his wife who applied first aid to Danny at the site and probably saved his life, are THE heroes. In desperation, Peter ran back into the burning house to save his daughter, Gaby, and added to his initial injuries - in vain.

Danny suffered worst injuries; he sustained third degree burns over 90-95 percent of his body. Today we learned his systems are stabilizing and he will undergo the first of many coming operations at the Shriner's Hospital for Children in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he was flow to after initial triage at the Orlando Regional Medical Center in Florida. His chances of survival are very limited.

Peter, because of his attempts to save Gaby by running back into the burning flames, sustained second degree burns over 90-95 percent of his body and is, like Danny at Shriner's, in critical condition. He, too, has been stabilized but is kept in an artificial coma to help his body fight the burn injuries. Peter's prognosis is slim, like Danny's.

The fact that both, Peter and Danny, were young, strong and healthy before the accident does, in the opinion of staff at the ICU, increase their chance for survival.

Millie sustained least severe injuries; she suffered second degree burns over 30-35 percent of her body but is, because of the loss of Gaby and the extremely severe injuries of Danny and Peter sustained, still in shock. She was, however, able to take a few steps with the assistance of ICU nursing staff, to increase circulation in her legs and body.

Millie and Peter are treated at the Orlando Regional Medical Center, Trauma Intensive Care Unit 4th floor, 1414 Kuhl Ave., Orlando Florida 32801-2134.

The cities of Orlando and Sanford are organizing and setting up much-needed family support funds for the Dechats and the neighboring family; someone even set up a web-site (www.generousamerica.com) to help out.

Peter's ma, Monika, and I are trying to avoid any media onslaught and give no interviews.

Please pray for Gaby, Danny, Peter and Millie."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
opossum puncher

July 12, 2007, 03:33 PM

God, so sad. Im fighting back tears. RIP to those that were lost, and may those who were injured regain their health.

They will all be in my prayers.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

July 12, 2007, 05:29 PM

RIP to the little girl... They will be ALL in my prayers.

Ms. S1NFUL
I Christian Grey (50 Shades Trilogy)
I have O.C.D. = Obsessive Cullen Disorder
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Trinity  
Unread
  (#4)
Resident Rodent

July 12, 2007, 05:49 PM

Amen.

Godspeed, Danny.

When bad things happen ... and everyone is running away ... it's easy to pick out the heroes. They are running in the other direction.

I've seen that first hand.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going ... and you would be surprised at who the tough people are.

Now you know what my signature quote means.

"Ride to the sound of the guns"

- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

http://www.magicratproductions.com

Last edited by Magic-Rat; July 12, 2007 at 05:52 PM..
Unread
  (#5)
DAS BOOT

July 12, 2007, 06:05 PM

I'm so sorry... may God watch over them in their time of need, may they quickly heal physically, and may they get the much needed support (from all) to help cope with this... my thoughts and prayers are with them.

Wow. Just..................wow.
Unread
  (#6)
( * )|( * )

July 12, 2007, 09:39 PM

Prayers to the family and loved ones. When I was young my mom worked for Shriners and we used to help out burn victims...what they go through both physically and emotionally cannot be put into words.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#7)
Site Admin

July 13, 2007, 08:55 AM

i saw something on tv last nite where they showed pictures of burned victims....man i didnt even want to think about this...