DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 578
4 members and 574 guests
2blueyam, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Video Of The Gulf Oil Slick - What BP/AP/FOX/CNN Don't Want You To See - Please FWD
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Video Of The Gulf Oil Slick - What BP/AP/FOX/CNN Don't Want You To See - Please FWD - May 12, 2010, 08:46 PM

This is why Business can't be our number one priority. CNN,MSNBC,FOX,ABC,CBS, ets are afraid to show something like this:

The man narrating the footage had to rent a plane to shoot this from above.

There's a reason why the news networks are only showing you computer graphic images instead of footage like this.

We're being lied to - no one knows what to do. The Gulf is fucked. It's going to be a toxic zone for half a decade easy.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
AMA Superbike Champ

May 12, 2010, 08:55 PM

this is sad, no body learned anything from alaska. every thing is fucked.

2005 Yamaha R6 Raven
1982 Suzuki GS650L
1974 Honda CB550 (Cafe' racer Project)
1971 Honda CB450 (currently restoring to stock may be a future Cafe')
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Got my Permit

May 12, 2010, 09:02 PM

This is very sad. It surprises me that with all the offshore drilling this has not happened before now.
Unread
  (#4)
Eddie would go ...

May 12, 2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkr6 View Post
this is sad, no body learned anything from alaska. every thing is fucked.
Exxon Valdez has nothing to do with this

this is about capping the well..and doing it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#5)
No Touchie!

May 12, 2010, 09:21 PM

it's horrible. All the talk of "drill baby drill" several months ago...well, this is what happens. There is no such thing as clean energy, when you have coal mining...you will have death to miners. If not by explosion, then something more miserable and painful like black lung. When you have off shore drilling, you have greedy ass oil not back up the emergency shut valve and you have impacts like this. the eco system, the environment, the economy in the area is fucked. Time for clean energy.

Where are all those chanting drill baby drill fools now? They are all incredibly quiet now. This is what happens...and although this is NOT the governments fault, but BPs. However, both needed to react sooner and faster. It's gotten worse and worse and we are now going at 22 days since the explosion.

In search of the perfect lap......

Last edited by sam-197; May 12, 2010 at 09:23 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to sam-197  
Unread
  (#6)
Site ADMIN

May 12, 2010, 09:26 PM

Underwater cam

http://www.fastcompany.com/1645885/b...nderwater-dome

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#7)
need more knee down

May 12, 2010, 09:33 PM

sad that it still hasnt been plugged.

I though it was funny this time last year everyone was chanting for off shore drilling so we didnt give money to "terrorists". I much rather have oil covere beaches and a focked economic outlook for a major portion of the US. YEWA!

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#8)
SIN MC Event Coord

May 12, 2010, 09:45 PM

The irony that something produced and created by the earth can end up polluting it and causing so much damage.

http://www.lowbraudc.com/ - Nano brewing in DC
http://www.theyumreport.net/ - I like to eat. Gets even better when you get to ride along with it...

Buck{Shot} - Event Coordinater - sinmc.net
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to buckshot  
Unread
  (#9)
Agitator

May 12, 2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVegaJr
sad that it still hasnt been plugged.

I though it was funny this time last year everyone was chanting for off shore drilling so we didnt give money to "terrorists". I much rather have oil covere beaches and a focked economic outlook for a major portion of the US. YEWA!
Actually I had a good discussion today with mangle about a method that BP may try soon...hopefully our inputs will help.

I hope this pushes us more toward nuclear, it is the best in the long run (and I really want an R8

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

May 12, 2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Actually I had a good discussion today with mangle about a method that BP may try soon...hopefully our inputs will help.

I hope this pushes us more toward nuclear, it is the best in the long run (and I really want an R8
I don't understand the connection?

Funny you mention nuclear though. My father from the late 70's thru the mid 80's was a programmer for a company called Ebasco which specialized in designing and building out systems for Nuke Plants (Shoreham and others).

In the 80's, Halliburton headed by Dick Cheney came and bought out Ebasco - within 2 years they stripped the assets then sold the shell of the company to Baxter, which in turn was bought by ....wait for it ... BP

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#11)
Agitator

May 12, 2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist

I don't understand the connection?

Funny you mention nuclear though. My father from the late 70's thru the mid 80's was a programmer for a company called Ebasco which specialized in designing and building out systems for Nuke Plants (Shoreham and others).

In the 80's, Halliburton headed by Dick Cheney came and bought out Ebasco - within 2 years they stripped the assets then sold the shell of the company to Baxter, which in turn was bought by ....wait for it ... BP
Which connection?
The more people are opposed to oil, the more nuclear we will need.

The nuclear to r8 connection? Well, my side job is designing advanced nuclear power plants, so given how much consulting pays...

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#12)
AMA Superbike Champ

May 12, 2010, 10:49 PM

"We're too incompetent to work with oil... so we're switching to nuclear."
Unread
  (#13)
TPG og

May 12, 2010, 11:02 PM

The corporate media, corporate newspapers, lobbyists....ahh America. We're all f*cked. Democrat, Republican, they're all in the same hot tub together. Fantastic. I'll reiterate... kill the rich and sell their organs for beer money. They do worse to us everyday
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#14)
That-boy-wonder

May 12, 2010, 11:15 PM

by all means, the situation in the golf is detrimental to everything we do as a country. But my only thought and this is my opinion, for the last 75+ years we have been drilling, and only 2 major incidents (by all means both could have been avoided). IMO this is the small price you pay over the years to control our own oil prices to an extent.

Think about it, if everytime we had a airliner crash or train derail, would you instantly want to ground all aircrafts, or stop all trains from moving? That would be as much if not more of a destruction to our economy as this oil spill.

01 GSXR-750 - tracked by "udntno235"
07 GSXR-750 (New hotness!!)

RIP: Angie "A-Boogie" Johnson
12.15.82 - 8.2.10

Metafor Enterprises, LLC
http://www.metafor.com
http://shop.metafor.com

-"I'll cut you too short to shit"-
-"Only God can control my destiny, so I'm rolling on and looking thru the next turn"-
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Your Ad Here

May 12, 2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post

The nuclear to r8 connection? Well, my side job is designing advanced nuclear power plants, so given how much consulting pays...

That's one hell of a side job.
How many years of Physics and Engineering did that take?
Hell, if that's the side job - what's the main job...

My last gig, I got to work with a bunch of ex-NASA and Boeing rocket scientist and aeronautical engineers. Super scary smart. Fun to talk to - would make you see things in several different facets you never thought of.