DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 654
4 members and 650 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, nootherids, Sal_the_man
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Virginia Seeks Approval to Turn I-95 Into A Toll Road
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Virginia Seeks Approval to Turn I-95 Into A Toll Road - September 19, 2011, 04:26 PM

Sweet! Bend over some more VA residents ...

home > news > local
Tolls May Be Coming To I-95 In Virginia

Monday, Sep 19, 2011 | Updated 4:00 PM EDT

Virginia has received preliminary approval to add tolls to Interstate 95.
The Federal Highway Administration could allow the tolls as part of the Interstate Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Pilot Program.

That program allows three states to impose tolls on interstate highways and use the money to help fund road improvements.
The Virginia Department of Transportation estimates tolls would bring in $250 million in the first five years.

“I-95 is one of the most important and heavily traveled highway corridors in the country, linking population and commercial centers up and down the East Coast," Gov. Bob McDonnell said Monday. "This approval is a major step toward funding critical capacity and infrastructure improvements needed in this corridor. The Commonwealth cannot continue to be a leader in economic development and job creation if we do not address our transportation needs. ... The ability to toll I-95 will help leverage this investment by funding transportation improvements in this vital corridor.”

Originally Virginia had been conditionally approved to add tolls to Interstate 81. Under this new decision, that approval is rescinded.

Improvements that could be funded are the widening of
and the North Carolina state line, shoulder widening, installing guardrails and improving pavements.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Last edited by Heist; September 19, 2011 at 04:28 PM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 19, 2011, 04:36 PM

Um they used to toll 95 in Richmond people! And they tolled 64 also.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Brainwash Your Face!

September 19, 2011, 04:40 PM

Whatever....I avoid 95 at all costs.

Backroads bitches!!

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

September 19, 2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00 View Post
Whatever....I avoid 95 at all costs.

Backroads bitches!!
True but not always convenient.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#5)
it's "Leave," you idiot.

September 19, 2011, 05:26 PM

I cant believe how much crap gets talked by residents of md and dc, when their gummint dont even let them bear arms.

im sure theres no outrageous taxes, tolls or surcharges anywher in md or dc eh?
Unread
  (#6)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

September 19, 2011, 05:31 PM

shit.....
I wish they could just build a seperate toll road like Dulles toll road...
or most def create a 2 lane tool road all the way down.

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#7)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

September 19, 2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
I cant believe how much crap gets talked by residents of md and dc, when their gummint dont even let them bear arms.

Since DC is a terrritory and not a state...I honestly do not mind.
The sole purpose was the seat the head of DC government so MD and VA...oh yeah...VA took there part back because they wanted to keep humans as slaves...
Well anyway they turned this mostly swamp land into what it is today. So, Guns...I mean I can always go and rent a gun when I feel i need to Rage, but I feel as tho I can protect myself and my househould with my fist and knives...

DC is so tight that even if my neighbors are deffending themselves and shots at the alsalent...if that bullet dont hit a solid mass inside him...that shit will be flying out a window or door and into someone else. Happens all the time in close quarter residence.

I cant see how anyone could be happy or "OK" with the steady increase of fees, tolls, speed cameras, and every single tactic designed to get more money out of its Citizen vs. something design to make life better.

MD can have guns by the way...just DC anymore I think.
or only riffles.

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#8)
Your Ad Here

September 19, 2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Since DC is a terrritory and not a state...I honestly do not mind.
The sole purpose was the seat the head of DC government so MD and VA...oh yeah...VA took there part back because they wanted to keep humans as slaves...
Well anyway they turned this mostly swamp land into what it is today. So, Guns...I mean I can always go and rent a gun when I feel i need to Rage, but I feel as tho I can protect myself and my househould with my fist and knives...

DC is so tight that even if my neighbors are deffending themselves and shots at the alsalent...if that bullet dont hit a solid mass inside him...that shit will be flying out a window or door and into someone else. Happens all the time in close quarter residence.

I cant see how anyone could be happy or "OK" with the steady increase of fees, tolls, speed cameras, and every single tactic designed to get more money out of its Citizen vs. something design to make life better.

MD can have guns by the way...just DC anymore I think.
or only riffles.
Nah Von. DC changes there rules in 2009. The residents now have the right to have handguns to defend their safes.

Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

September 19, 2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post

MD has them on 95, but only to go under the Fort McHenry Tunnel - which make sense.
You can always avoid it by hopping of the exit before and taking Pratt street down thru Bmore and thru the old Brewers district and then picking 95 back up about 4 miles from Pratt.

It'll cost you 10 minutes to save the $4, but I'm a cheap fooker

Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

September 19, 2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post

Yep, right up until they paid for what they paved, then they pulled down the tolls. I'll assume that they are rescinding the $.20/gal tax that we pay every time we fill up that is supposed to pay for the roads. And I expect my Federal taxes to be reduced since that is a fucking Interstate highway and supposed to be subsidized by the Feds.

Yeah, I know. I just have an extreme aversion to toll roads on principle.
Unread
  (#11)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

September 19, 2011, 06:42 PM

I remember the 64 tolls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
Unread
  (#12)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

September 19, 2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimoto View Post
Yep, right up until they paid for what they paved, then they pulled down the tolls. I'll assume that they are rescinding the $.20/gal tax that we pay every time we fill up that is supposed to pay for the roads. And I expect my Federal taxes to be reduced since that is a fucking Interstate highway and supposed to be subsidized by the Feds.

Yeah, I know. I just have an extreme aversion to toll roads on principle.

When you cross the Henrey W Nice bridge on 301 in MD crossing over to VA you use to pay $1.50 each way. This was to pay for the bridge. SOme one noticed that the Bridge had been paid for , over 20 years ago, so MD pulled up its tolls.

VA kept there Tolls up and started charging $3.00 hahahahahah

Some people can try to justify all they want...there is most def a trend when it comes to Vehicles in VA.

Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

September 19, 2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
When you cross the Henrey W Nice bridge on 301 in MD crossing over to VA you use to pay $1.50 each way. This was to pay for the bridge. SOme one noticed that the Bridge had been paid for , over 20 years ago, so MD pulled up its tolls.

VA kept there Tolls up and started charging $3.00 hahahahahah

Some people can try to justify all they want...there is most def a trend when it comes to Vehicles in VA.
You got it backwards, MD is charging you to leave.

Toll rates: Harry W Nice Memorial Bridge
Unread
  (#14)
need more knee down

September 19, 2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
shit.....
I wish they could just build a seperate toll road like Dulles toll road...
or most def create a 2 lane tool road all the way down.
I95 HOT Lanes is well underway design wise. Houseing market collaspe put it on the back burner and now its just VDOT, politcs and money holding it up. Originally it was planned from 14th st all the way to fredricksburg and eventually to richmond. Right now they just hoping to get 495 to Aquia or something like that.

I'd love for it to finally get under way so i can get back into what i love to do and roll in the OT

~Lou
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to LVegaJr Send a message via AIM to LVegaJr Send a message via Skype™ to LVegaJr 
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

September 19, 2011, 09:55 PM

The reason I have a problem is if they toll the areas of I-95 that don't have alternatives. For example in FL we had tolls on the FL turnpike but if you wanted to avoid that there were two other highways that traveled in the same direction albeit a couple of miles off. And if not you always had tons of regular streets you could use. But here around Occoquan there are only 2 possible bridges to cross over the river, I-95 and US-1. Without valid alternatives I'm not ok with forcing tolls on residents.

Tags
50 means 47, communist wealth, lube - nope, street tax, virginia is for fleecing