DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
3 members and 551 guests
davidcycle, Sal_the_man, Speed3
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Walther P99c
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

Walther P99c - June 2, 2008, 02:16 PM

Well, seeing how the Federal Government was kind enough to give me $600 in the form of a stimulus check, I figured what better way to show my appreciation than investing in the very constitutional rights it was established to protect? So I swung by Guns and Ammo today and picked this up as my personal carry weapon:

Its a Walther P99 compact with the (Anti Stress) AS trigger variation. I have small hands (insert penis joke here) so the ergos on this gun are very accommodating. I have a Glock 23, which is too big for concealed carry and really just liked the feel of the p99 over the Glock 27 (sub compact). This gun is fairly light weight with the polymer frame and has a very low profile so it is easily tucked away.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Popplers!

June 2, 2008, 02:20 PM

Nice! I just picked up a Savage Mark II FVXP (special package) 22LR from Guns and Ammo. They seem like a good store, had some problems with my drivers license but their overall customer service is good. NRA this weekend?
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

June 2, 2008, 02:24 PM

what cal?
I carry my HK USPC 40 and its very comfortable...its a pretty small gun but not too small. I am looking to get a full size USP next.
Unread
  (#4)

June 2, 2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrotx
Nice! I just picked up a Savage Mark II FVXP (special package) 22LR from Guns and Ammo. They seem like a good store, had some problems with my drivers license but their overall customer service is good. NRA this weekend?
G&A is a great store. They have a huge selection of firearms (including a gold plated, tiger striped Desert Eagle - HAHAHAHA!). I was in and out in about 30 mins.

I could be up for some range time this weekend. Saturday is a no go though.

Boost - I got it in a 9mm. I already have a .40 in my Glock 23. I figured going in a 9 would cut down some weight and also make the gun more affordable to shoot. HKs are , but a little out of the price range.

Last edited by JTG40cal; June 2, 2008 at 02:30 PM..
Unread
  (#5)
I wanna Ride !

June 2, 2008, 02:31 PM

Was riding by yesterday and had to stop actually looked at a Walther for a while seems like a nice gun. I just didn't like the breakdown as I've been spoiled by my HKs. I'm also in love with this little Beretta Panther they had, we sat and laughed as I kept putting it in every jacket pocket.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Retired to most ...

June 2, 2008, 02:34 PM

DUDE ...... We're going shooting soon! THat thing looks badass!!!

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#7)
Road Kill

June 2, 2008, 02:37 PM

$600 checks are the arming of America! too bad i'm spending mine on vacation and not on my AR15 build.

1999 Yamaha R6... from the track, back to the street
www.mmsports.org
SJS Customs

YaoMatt:Here's a free bit of advice: Put down the fucking ho-ho!!! And I don't mean your daughter.

Bexxx: yeah my ass was a wee bit sore after that
BabyBusa04: MY ASS IS SORE AS HELL
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JMURACN  
Unread
  (#8)
Site Admin

June 2, 2008, 02:40 PM

NICE !!

Guns & Ammo has pretty good prices and good customer service. I picked up my Kahr PM9 their a couple months ago that I added to my collection.
Unread
  (#9)
Like a clown car on fire

June 2, 2008, 02:43 PM

Damn Justin, I totally suck, I forgot about letting you take mine for a spin again.. Glad you decided to pull the trigger (pun intended) on it anyways. I see you got the AS version, which I find to be the better option, same one I got.

Remember that the standard or even extended magazines for a fullsize P99 will work on the compact, so you can get some higher capacity magazines for the range and even for carrying a spare... just remember to block the base of the mag at the right height so it doesnt go too high. you can see what i mean and get the part # extended floorplate here: http://lundestudio.com/WaltherP99FAQ/III/10.html
or simply wrap some grip tape around the mag at the proper height.

Congrats, post up your review of it after you've tried it out.

-Chloroform-
For when she doesn't know she wants it.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Thwack  
Unread
  (#10)

June 2, 2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwack
Damn Justin, I totally suck, I forgot about letting you take mine for a spin again.. Glad you decided to pull the trigger (pun intended) on it anyways. I see you got the AS version, which I find to be the better option, same one I got.

Remember that the standard or even extended magazines for a fullsize P99 will work on the compact, so you can get some higher capacity magazines for the range and even for carrying a spare... just remember to block the base of the mag at the right height so it doesnt go too high. you can get the extended floorplate here: http://lundestudio.com/WaltherP99FAQ/III/10.html
or simply wrap some grip tape around the mag at the proper height.

Congrats, post up your review of it after you've tried it out.
Ah, dont worry about it all man. I know you tried. Its tough getting schedules to jive. Besides, the fit in my hand it great and I read so many good reviews about the gun that I was pretty confident with just making the buy. The trigger in AS mode is a pretty slick design, but I dont think I will be carrying like that. Ill definitely let you know more after I send some rounds through it. Now that I am thinking about it, there are some squirrels taunting me outside my window right now
Unread
  (#11)
GP Racer

June 2, 2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMURACN
$600 checks are the arming of America! too bad i'm spending mine on vacation and not on my AR15 build.
I need to start my AR build incase they get banned.

no you need to get some of these..

Those are the Gold Sabers 185grain...and they arent that much heavier than the FMJ.
Unread
  (#12)
Fack yo pony...

June 2, 2008, 02:55 PM

Damn, and I was proud of myself for spending it on a new CF Scorpion muffler... got rid of the stock "aluminium can" that was on the end of my exhaust pipe.....

I like the beauty of spending it "to defend your constitutional rights" .....

Track: 2000 Suzuki SV650 Maintained by Chief Wildman

MARRC Safety Crew

Shenandoah Pictures

Before you attempt to set things right, make sure you see things right.
-- Blaine Lee
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
Brainwash Your Face!

June 2, 2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal
Now that I am thinking about it, there are some squirrels taunting me outside my window right now
Leave "Bounty" alone.

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#14)
Honkey Kong

June 2, 2008, 03:52 PM

Nice piece. Let us know how it's doing after you've put a few hundred rounds through it.

--
"Relatively speaking, there are right views and wrong views. When we look deeply we see that all views are wrong."--Thich Naht Hanh

gewalker@gmail.com | Twitter: @gewalker

2007 SV650N
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to M0nk3y  
Unread
  (#15)

June 2, 2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y
Nice piece. Let us know how it's doing after you've put a few hundred rounds through it.
Hopefully just like my Glock...no less than 1k rounds and not a single issue. I actually havent had any issues with any of our guns. Everything from CZ, S&Ws, and Rugers to the Glock and Saiga. The CZ jammed up on Sharon a few months ago, but that was because of crap ammo that was picked up off the floor after an IPSC match.

Last edited by JTG40cal; June 2, 2008 at 04:20 PM..