DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 519
2 members and 517 guests
legendindisguise, nootherids
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Wanderlei Silva Seminar at Capital Jiu-Jitsu
Unread
  (#1)
Snow Whore
 
dblrr900's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,180
Join Date: June 2, 2008
Location: Ashburn, VA
Wanderlei Silva Seminar at Capital Jiu-Jitsu - June 22, 2010, 12:21 PM

If you train MMA or Muay Thai in the DC area, Wanderlei Silva is coming in July to put on a seminar at Capital Jiu-Jitsu.

http://www.gracieva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4853

I train at Capital and I have to admit I am always impressed with the talent they draw in for seminars and coaching. Royce Gracie, Rodrigo Gracie, Sean Douglas, Joe 'Big Daddy' Stevenson, Wanderlei Silva, and more...

I know a lot of peeps on here train at other schools so just wanted to put the word out.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dblrr900  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
formerly RC51Pilot
 
R1Pilot's Avatar
 
Posts: 487
Join Date: November 20, 2003
Location: Ashburn
June 22, 2010, 01:07 PM

The Axe Murderer? I may have to check it out.


R.I.P. #47 Greg "BamBam" Walker
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Meh
 
Posts: 7,984
Join Date: October 1, 2002
June 22, 2010, 03:19 PM

He was the nastiest of the nasty in his prime.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer
 
RRHonda's Avatar
 
Posts: 881
Join Date: January 31, 2009
Location: Broadlands, VA
Thumbs up June 22, 2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblrr900 View Post
If you train MMA or Muay Thai in the DC area, Wanderlei Silva is coming in July to put on a seminar at Capital Jiu-Jitsu.

http://www.gracieva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4853

I train at Capital and I have to admit I am always impressed with the talent they draw in for seminars and coaching. Royce Gracie, Rodrigo Gracie, Sean Douglas, Joe 'Big Daddy' Stevenson, Wanderlei Silva, and more...

I know a lot of peeps on here train at other schools so just wanted to put the word out.
Hey man thanksfor posting this ... ( I would love to meet him . He is one of my favorite MMA fighters ) Can anyone show up for this ? I personaly have taken martial arts 4 times in my life for a short period at a time and have been thinking about join Capital Jiu-Jitsu . How do I get started and whats the cost . I just want to join and maybe come in once a week since I find the grapling part intresting and challenging!


2008 Aprilia RSV1000R (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2015 Kawasaki ZX-10R (Sold)
2009 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (Sold)
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R (Sold)
2000 Honda F4i (Sold)
2008 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2002 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2003 Honda 600RR (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca II (Sold)
2006 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2001 Suzuki GZ250 (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
1997 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer
 
RRHonda's Avatar
 
Posts: 881
Join Date: January 31, 2009
Location: Broadlands, VA
June 22, 2010, 04:36 PM



2008 Aprilia RSV1000R (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2015 Kawasaki ZX-10R (Sold)
2009 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (Sold)
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R (Sold)
2000 Honda F4i (Sold)
2008 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2002 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2003 Honda 600RR (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca II (Sold)
2006 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2001 Suzuki GZ250 (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
1997 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
Popplers!
 
karrotx's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,700
Join Date: July 25, 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
June 22, 2010, 04:47 PM

Evil.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
poz top looking 4 neg bot
 
Slow's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,620
Join Date: April 18, 2009
Location: Rockville, MD
June 22, 2010, 05:11 PM

why didn't they show the full clip of silva vs crocop?

silva vs fedor, epic fight


horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#8)
Snow Whore
 
dblrr900's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,180
Join Date: June 2, 2008
Location: Ashburn, VA
June 23, 2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRHonda View Post
Hey man thanksfor posting this ... ( I would love to meet him . He is one of my favorite MMA fighters ) Can anyone show up for this ? I personaly have taken martial arts 4 times in my life for a short period at a time and have been thinking about join Capital Jiu-Jitsu . How do I get started and whats the cost . I just want to join and maybe come in once a week since I find the grapling part intresting and challenging!
The best way is to get in and check out one of the schools/classes. They encourage you to try out any of the classes you are looking at before you sign up to make sure you are pleased with the formats. Depending on where you live you want to go to the school that best fits your schedule.

http://gracieva.com

I train at Loudon, its the right place for me and also the largest facility. Cool thing is you can pay at one and train at any of the schools based on your schedule and will.

As for the amount you train, you should set a goal to train at least 3 times a week to make it work and stick on your head, plus you are getting more for your money. For any questions call Steve at Tel: 703.651.5940
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dblrr900  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer
 
RRHonda's Avatar
 
Posts: 881
Join Date: January 31, 2009
Location: Broadlands, VA
June 23, 2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblrr900 View Post
The best way is to get in and check out one of the schools/classes. They encourage you to try out any of the classes you are looking at before you sign up to make sure you are pleased with the formats. Depending on where you live you want to go to the school that best fits your schedule.

http://gracieva.com

I train at Loudon, its the right place for me and also the largest facility. Cool thing is you can pay at one and train at any of the schools based on your schedule and will.

As for the amount you train, you should set a goal to train at least 3 times a week to make it work and stick on your head, plus you are getting more for your money. For any questions call Steve at Tel: 703.651.5940
Thanks for the info man ... I have a couple of injurys I have to get checked out first and then go from there ... So I will most likely start sometime this summer at the loudon location ...


2008 Aprilia RSV1000R (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2015 Kawasaki ZX-10R (Sold)
2009 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (Sold)
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R (Sold)
2000 Honda F4i (Sold)
2008 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2002 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2003 Honda 600RR (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca II (Sold)
2006 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2001 Suzuki GZ250 (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
1997 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#10)
Slappa Da Baseeee , Mon'
 
blushin's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,878
Join Date: November 15, 2008
Location: alexandria, va
June 23, 2010, 02:00 PM

and next thing you know you too can be the next karate kid just like will smiths kid


-Phill-

2002 RC51-Ask and i will tell
1977 Harley-Davidson FLH (gettin a face lift)
2006 cbr1000rr-(sold)
2000 929- (sold)
2002 R1- (sold)

chumchum: my front is stiff and my rear is lose

#452-LE: I feel like jelly....... cauz jam dont shake like this!!

----------Alexandria, Va----------
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to blushin  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#11)
Snow Whore
 
dblrr900's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,180
Join Date: June 2, 2008
Location: Ashburn, VA
June 23, 2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRHonda View Post
Thanks for the info man ... I have a couple of injurys I have to get checked out first and then go from there ... So I will most likely start sometime this summer at the loudon location ...
Good stuff. Injuries are a constant, especially in any of these sports. You deal, heal, and keep going. Sometimes you gotta take time off, but I have heard of guy working the mat after knee surgeries, just isolating the leg and working other stuff that doesn't affect the leg. I think mentally you just like to learn and cant resist the urge to push forward.

Hope to see you there man.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to dblrr900  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.