DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 937
3 members and 934 guests
nootherids, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Wanton Hyperviolent, Senseless Mass Murder : Now in Kid Friendly Form
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Wanton Hyperviolent, Senseless Mass Murder : Now in Kid Friendly Form - October 17, 2014, 11:29 AM

And the ERB and parental groups thought GTA was bad.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
I use my turn signal

October 17, 2014, 02:05 PM

NO WAY

2005 Kawasaki ZX6R (636)
1973 Honda CB350F
1981 BMW R65
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
TNT
GP Champ

October 17, 2014, 04:55 PM

Is this some kind of sick joke? Seriously, how have we come to a point in society where this is desirable enough to be marketed? There are always six sigmas out there that are going to contemplate this kind of stuff and the 10 sigmas will actually go do it, but to have enough people who would entertain these notions to actually make a profit off the idea? Unbelievable...

I'm not one to think violent video games beget violent societies, but rather that the games are indicative of behaviors already present/desired. What this tells me is rather disturbing.

As far as an unbiased critique: the scripting for that trailer is pretty weak. Dialogue is so cliché it seems forced and makes me think the whole thing is just an attempt at baiting. I'm pretty disappointed these days that digital entertainment seems to lack any sort of real character development and falls back to cookie cutter characters that seem to be drawn from the mind of a simpleton.

Last edited by TNT; October 17, 2014 at 04:57 PM..
Unread
  (#4)
Commute racer

October 17, 2014, 04:59 PM

Yeah, no thanks. I see no point in that game.

I don't want any government intervention, but I would support a group of gamers getting together and saying they will stop buying any game from stores who sell that game.
Unread
  (#5)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

October 17, 2014, 05:31 PM

Oh the Horror

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#6)
Your Ad Here

October 17, 2014, 06:31 PM

Hatred, an upcoming PC game that lets you play the role of a mass murderer, has caused quite a stir since its beyond brutal gameplay trailer was released this week. Following the trailer's debut, the studio told GameSpot that it would like to launch the game through Steam and GOG, but it remains to be seen if either digital distribution platform would approve the game.

While Valve has not responded to comment about the possibility of a Hatred release on Steam, a representative for GOG told GameSpot Friday that it has yet to speak with Hatred developer Destructive Creations about a publishing deal.

"Currently we are not in touch with developers of Hatred," a representative for GOG told GameSpot. "You know about our 'boutique approach' so in any case, before deciding on a release, we would review the game and give our feedback to the devs."

Destructive Creations would like to launch Hatred on Steam and GOG, but the studio isn't sure either company will allow it.

"We really wish to release [a] digital version through Steam and GOG, but actually we have no idea if they will let us to do this, because of all the sh**storm the game is delivering," Destructive Creations' Jarosław Zieliński told GameSpot.

Hatred does not shy away from the fact that it is principally a game about killing people--from unsuspecting civilians to law enforcement officials. In announcing the game, Destructive Creations made it clear that you shouldn't take the game too seriously because "it's just a game."

"These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct, and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment--we wanted to create something against trends," the studio said about Hatred.

Hatred runs on Unreal Engine 4, the same technology that powers games such as Fable Legends and Kingdom Hearts III. Unreal Engine owner Epic Games told GameSpot that it is not involved in the development of Hatred (beyond the fact that the game uses its engine), and that it never tries to exert "creative control" or censorship over projects that use its technology.

However, the Hatred gameplay trailer used the Unreal Engine 4 logo without permission, and Epic Games wants it removed from the video and other marketing materials.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

October 17, 2014, 07:33 PM

Lots of talk in the gaming commmunity about not buying this shit, and shaming those who do.

I am not one to advocate censorship, but this game is trash, so I'd totally support shaming the fuck out of anyone who bought it.

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#8)
5 yrs till Brood X emerge

October 17, 2014, 08:52 PM

What has happened to society? When I has attending Bowie Sr High here in PG County in the mid-1970's nobody would have looked twice at the rifle in the gun rack of the truck parked in my high school parking lot. When was the last time you even saw a gun rack in the window of a PU truck?

A thorough ass-whipping might have been a punch to the face and being pushed to the ground. There were no knives or guns involved.

I blame it all on the decay of the family unit, lack of parental time in the home vs a need to earn $$, decreasing family values, and the various crap media (electronic TV type, video game, etc) violence. Along with decreased pursuit of various personal accomplishment goals. Kids don't know how to make or construct anything on their own. ie build there own treehouse.

The decline of the middle class and denser populations also deserves some credit for the decline. The whole deal with class inequality is a big deal. Offshoring of mfg to overseas states has brought a decline to middle class income.

The rich seem uneffected. But if middle class wages keep falling. Who is going to buy the cars, the houses, and all the goods the rich wish to sell?

I don't have a solution, just aware of the impending problem. And I'm not about to advocate a raise of the min wage. The min wage was just that. Kids in high school flipping burgers in my day looked to make $.10 above min wage. It was never intended to be a wage to support a family.

It all goes back to the loss of industry in the US as a result of globalization. US wages will continue to fall untill they come to some alignment with rising 3rd world wages. And when "onshoring" really begins to accelerate (it's a tiny trickle now), that is when things will improve.

And then the Fed won't have to print money and drop it out of helicopters to the benefit of the banksters. Will it be too late for us then?
Unread
  (#9)

October 17, 2014, 09:35 PM

I really like the Love & Rockets version of this song. But the Temptations could never be out done...

Unread
  (#10)
TNT
GP Champ

October 17, 2014, 09:41 PM

It would be interesting to know if there really is an increasing dissatisfaction with life, or if the epidemic of depression is mostly overblown and over-diagnosed to support pharmaceuticals. If you look at the statistics for how many people are on anti-depressants now, it's crazy. If you believe even half the diagnoses as legitimate, it begs the question, "why?"

My theory: We have created a society where we are terrified of failure, guilt, loss, and suffering - we have removed consequences, responsibility, and adversity from just about everything within our control. We work to avoid the challenges that we should instead seek to overcome, and consequently fulfill our desire to be strong. Without struggle, all we have is trivial fluff that comes quickly and easily, sating our appetite for only the briefest of glimpses and leaving an aftertaste of emptiness. Everything seems to be normalized to mediocrity and so there is no failure to spur us on to try harder and no true success to make us feel like we have done something notable. It's not surprising that apathy is the norm. And when we are left with nothing it is not entirely surprising that some people turn to despair and then violence in an attempt to find something other than apathy. After all, anger is the easy way out when you want to feel something. Love is a quite a bit more difficult, and we don't want difficult.
Unread
  (#11)

October 17, 2014, 10:06 PM

Off on a tangent.....

People can be fucking ugly....

And.... buying SHIT made in china will only eventually add to your total tax bill. Buy made in USA or Canada whenever you have a choice.

Last edited by morsetaper2; October 17, 2014 at 10:55 PM..
Unread
  (#12)

October 17, 2014, 11:09 PM

In 1972, after integrated buss-ing in PG County, My new friend from Palmer Park, Luke, we grooved to the Temptations. I was a nerd, Luke was cool. But we became good friends rather quickly. Our friendship was brief, his last name I can't make out from his signature in my yearbook and the time was brief so I don't recall. At that time this song was about #1 and still remains a personal favorite of mine....

Total Classic...

Be nice to your fellow man...

Opposite of this threads desire. We can be nice people. Sometimes life is tough... but folks make due.

This is the 11 minute version, sit back, this is as classic as it gets...

Last edited by morsetaper2; October 17, 2014 at 11:27 PM..
Unread
  (#13)
Derpetologist

October 18, 2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsetaper2 View Post
What has happened to society? When I has attending Bowie Sr High here in PG County in the mid-1970's nobody would have looked twice at the rifle in the gun rack of the truck parked in my high school parking lot. When was the last time you even saw a gun rack in the window of a PU truck?

A thorough ass-whipping might have been a punch to the face and being pushed to the ground. There were no knives or guns involved.

I blame it all on the decay of the family unit, lack of parental time in the home vs a need to earn $$, decreasing family values, and the various crap media (electronic TV type, video game, etc) violence. Along with decreased pursuit of various personal accomplishment goals. Kids don't know how to make or construct anything on their own. ie build there own treehouse.

The decline of the middle class and denser populations also deserves some credit for the decline. The whole deal with class inequality is a big deal. Offshoring of mfg to overseas states has brought a decline to middle class income.

The rich seem uneffected. But if middle class wages keep falling. Who is going to buy the cars, the houses, and all the goods the rich wish to sell?

I don't have a solution, just aware of the impending problem. And I'm not about to advocate a raise of the min wage. The min wage was just that. Kids in high school flipping burgers in my day looked to make $.10 above min wage. It was never intended to be a wage to support a family.

It all goes back to the loss of industry in the US as a result of globalization. US wages will continue to fall untill they come to some alignment with rising 3rd world wages. And when "onshoring" really begins to accelerate (it's a tiny trickle now), that is when things will improve.

And then the Fed won't have to print money and drop it out of helicopters to the benefit of the banksters. Will it be too late for us then?

Big +1

I saw a shotgun rack in the window of a pickup truck on 66 near Arlington a few years ago but yeah the fact that I can remember it means it doesn't ever happen.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#14)
Groping is a skill...

October 18, 2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsetaper2 View Post

There is a reason every great nation/society lived it's hay day when it was considered "the best". Over time the middle class decayed, politics played, people strayed and "the best" became just some country we look at today saying we would hate to live there.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#15)
Derpentine Dealer

October 18, 2014, 02:30 PM

I am without words.

No literally, I am not permitted to use here the words I would use to describe this because of the lens through which I view life and make moral decisions.

Good luck with this, folks. You're going to need it.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.