DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 267
8 members and 259 guests
davidcycle, DocZ, gwiz70, MPSniper, RileysDad, Slider, t84a, Taty
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#16)
anything with two wheels

October 18, 2014, 04:29 PM

Maybe someone with a flamethrower should walk into the development HQ and burn it to the ground. Then they can include that into their next game.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to 2wheelin  
Unread
  (#17)
Meh

October 18, 2014, 05:40 PM

Sad commentary on us as a society to be certain.

Does illustrate the necessity of conceal/carry though.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#18)
Knee Draggin!

October 18, 2014, 09:59 PM

Not much different than killing civilians in GTA.

Nothing I say is to be taken seriously.

2004 Black ZX636
Unread
  (#19)
Groping is a skill...

October 18, 2014, 10:11 PM

Hmmm this game could actually be a ploy to identify those with issues. And just found an article somewhat relative to the path of the thread.

The United States Is Number One ... but in What?

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -

Last edited by turkishexpress; October 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#20)
Your Ad Here

October 18, 2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedKing View Post
No it isn't.
But GTAs goal was not to go on a mass murder spree and end the lives of as many civilians and LEO as possible.

I can't even begin to contemplate what the goals of this game would be.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#21)
Commute racer

October 19, 2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedKing View Post
While you can do it in GTA, you don't have to. It isn't an integral part of the game, and when you do it, it's a bit more detached. The hooker you're beating to death to get your money back isn't screaming and begging for her life like shown in the trailer for this game.

Maybe splitting hairs to some people, but I think there is a line, and GTA is on one side, and this game is on the other side.
Unread
  (#22)
Meh

October 19, 2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
Hmmm this game could actually be a ploy to identify those with issues. And just found an article somewhat relative to the path of the thread.

The United States Is Number One ... but in What?
Both Russia and China do not report accurate statistics on their military spending.

In China's case, it is also easier to spend less when you hack American designs (see JSF copy).

The US is too busy fighting everyone's battles to worry about the ultimate cost to this nation and our budget. This is why I think we have seen the popularization of Libertarian ideas and candidates. I welcome the discussion and 3rd party. Goodness knows that neither Republicans or Democrats represent me.

The statistics on gun violence and death in this country are misleading as well.

We have more guns = more gun death. The violent crime rate statistics are highly manipulated.

Comparing murder rates and gun ownership across countries - Crime Prevention Research Center
Unread
  (#23)
I use my turn signal

October 20, 2014, 09:42 AM

Like this is BADDDD

When I was watching the trailer at first I thought exactly what it was. When he opened the door and walked outside I was relieved because I thought those were zombies out front. I think out loud I said "ok phew"

Then I realized they were not zombies and this is exactly what I first thought.

2005 Kawasaki ZX6R (636)
1973 Honda CB350F
Unread
  (#24)
Your Ad Here

October 20, 2014, 12:14 PM

When I was growing up we had black market games for various systems. Games like the Sex Olympics, Death Race 2000, and Leisure Suit Larry.

They were never endorsed by the system manufacturers and were not always easy to find. They certainly didn't have major studio backing or could be construed as anything but a bit of naughty fun.

This game crosses many lines for me and looks like a training simulation for one of these lone wolf nutbags.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Last edited by Heist; October 20, 2014 at 09:39 PM..
Unread
  (#25)
GP Champ

October 20, 2014, 12:49 PM

Leisure Suit Larry wasn't black market!
Unread
  (#26)
Your Ad Here

October 20, 2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
Leisure Suit Larry wasn't black market!
I thought it was. I know they didn't necessarily keep it on the selves at the store. and they wouldn't rent you the disk unless you were over a certain age.

Unread
  (#27)
Site Owner

October 20, 2014, 02:39 PM

No way, you could go buy Leisure Suit Larry at Radio Shack. I know because I remember playing it on one of their computers there as a kid.

Anyone remember when they had computers you could go load software on and demo it at the stores?

My parents would go shopping and leave me at Radio Shack and I'd play Space Quest for the 181825th time.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#28)
Full spin ahead.

October 20, 2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Anyone remember when they had computers you could go load software on and demo it at the stores?
I recall the multimedia-wonder-PC at Radio Shack known as the "Tandy Sensation". They always had it playing some whiz bang demo showing off the capabilities of the CD-ROM + Soundblaster. However, I don't remember being able to demo software on their computers that wasn't pre-loaded.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to scarab  
Unread
  (#29)
TNT
GP Champ

October 20, 2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
When I was growing up we had black market games for various systems. Games like the Sex Olympics, Death Race 2000, and Leisure Suit Larry.

They were never endorsed by the system manufacturers and were not always easy to find. They certainly didn't have major studio backing or could be construed as anything but a bit of naughty fun.

This game crosses many lines for me and looks like a training simulation for one of these line wolf nutbags.
I am in total agreement with you. It's not that other games haven't had illicit or immoral aims at particular times, but this is a game where evil is the entire objective. There's no way to justify it as anything but evil. The fact that this is being developed to bring more attention to this evil and to make a protagonist out of the perpetrator is insane. The people who do this kind of stuff do it for attention. They have it in their minds that they will be the talk of the times and the subjects of much thought after their demise. They convince themselves it is the best way to get what they want - to be noticed by as many people as possible. Now we are supporting that deluded goal even more.

"Now I won't just get to be the focus on the 24 hour news networks. I get to be the star of a video game! What now Navy SEALs?"
Unread
  (#30)
SRWJTS Recruiter

October 20, 2014, 09:28 PM

I feel like there was another game released sometime in the past 10 years that was very similar (no not GTA). Can't remember the name right now, but I definitely feel like we've seen this before.

"Remember you may love your bike but your bike doesn't love you and that bitch will kill you the first time you do her wrong."

MARRC Cornerworker
http://www.marrc.org/

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
2006 Yamaha R6 - Anniversary Edition - SOLD
2005 Yamaha R6 - SOLD
2001 Yamaha YZF600R - SOLD