DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
3 members and 550 guests
beatle, cicirich, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Chat

View Poll Results: Do you support military action against Syria?
Yes 6 11.32%
No 47 88.68%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
War in Syria?
Unread
  (#1)
Signed up for Track Days!

War in Syria? - September 9, 2013, 08:37 AM

The support for a Syrian war has reached 21%. I do not understand how we can go to war without the people's support. Do the people even matter?

The US needs to prove it's case better to it's own people. Especially after the Iraq War WMD debacle. It is sad that chemical weapons were used and the person or people using those weapons should be brought to justice in international court. WHy are we acting primarily alone. Only a handful of countries support military action. I am afraid the US attacking will start WWIII without much more International support. I also do not understand how we can arm the Syrian rebels who are made up of Islamist radicals that will most definitely turn those weapons on Americans.
Attacking Syria is a trap and the US painted itself in a corner.
Please voice your opinion against attacking Syria and the continue of arming radical extremists.

The holy books warn about the fall of Damascus.

BIBLE
Damascus will disappear! It will become a heap of ruins. The cities of Aroer will be deserted. Sheep will graze in the streets and lie down unafraid. There will be no one to chase them away. The fortified cities of Israel will also be destroyed, and the power of Damascus will end. The few left in Aram will share the fate of Israel’s departed glory,’ says the Lord Almighty.” Isaiah 17:1-3
“‘In that day the glory of Israel will be very dim, for poverty will stalk the land. Israel will be abandoned like the grain fields in the valley of Rephaim after the harvest. Only a few of its people will be left, like the stray olives left on the tree after the harvest. Only two or three remain in the highest branches, four or five out on the tips of the limbs. Yes, Israel will be stripped bare of people,’ says the Lord, the God of Israel.” Isaiah 17:4-6

QURAN
The Holy Prophet Muhammad has prophesied about several events that will occur just before the advent of the day of judgment. Among these, Muhammad has foretold the return of Jesus, which will materialize when a one eyed claimant to divinity (Antichrist) will attempt to misguide the humanity into worshipping him. Messiah will descend from the heavens in Damascus, pray behind Imam Mahdi, pursue and kill the Antichrist, destroy the savage and unbelieving armies of Gog and Magog, and bring peace and brotherhood to the world. Christians will recognize the truth and accept him only as a Messenger of God; the religion of God (Islam) will justly rule the world.

~ Adrian

"Fack yo Purse"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
5 yrs till Brood X emerge

September 9, 2013, 08:52 AM

Holy books are merely manuals for religious cults. They have no real or factual basis.

We have no business in Syria, let them fight it out amongst themselves. Besides, we'd have to borrow the money from China to pay for the whole damn affair.

Last edited by morsetaper2; September 9, 2013 at 08:56 AM..
Unread
  (#3)
whoa preppy......

September 9, 2013, 09:04 AM

but what did Nostradamus say?

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
2019 Janus Halcyon
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
No more 1050 :(

September 9, 2013, 09:09 AM

Lol @ "Do the people even matter"... the fuck kinda question is that?

Getting involved in Syria in any way was ludicrous to begin with. An enemy of my enemy is my friend is fucking retarded, especially when you are the hated United States.

Fuck what the French say. We all know what happened the last time they drug us into a war. We got up to our eyeballs in shit, and they stood back and said "Damn.. that looks uncomfortable.. sucks to be you."

We absolutely do NOT want to fuck with Russia anymore than we already have over the past couple of years. Georgia was a shitshow, Syria is a tinderbox.

This is none of our business, and we don't even know for a FACT, beyond the shadow of doubt, who set off the sarin. Before you go killing innocents as a third party, that's kinda something you need.
Unread
  (#5)

September 9, 2013, 09:11 AM

I'd also like to have an intelligent discussion with the ~20% that do support action... if that's even possible.
Unread
  (#6)
Instructor

September 9, 2013, 09:17 AM

I'm reminded of a tv show from my childhood, Dinosaurs, where the name of the operation sending troops to the front was

We
Are
Right

While I don't agree with it, that seems to be the driving force behind the argument for action in Syria.

Stupidity is an elemental force, and I respect that. ATGATT
Unread
  (#7)
Traction Control

September 9, 2013, 09:19 AM

I support our assisting only a U.N. requested strike, and having the US playing a very small and brief role. Simply to take out the areas that are allowing them to use the chemical weapons, then GTFO.

Doesn't look like it's going to happen that way. So to Obama I say, dude just don't do it.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#8)

September 9, 2013, 09:20 AM

WARNING- GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING:

https://www.senate.gov/isvp/?type=ar...me=intel090613

This is the video that was shown to the Senate to get them to authorize a strike against Syria. While undoubtedly terrible, it is just a ploy to tug at the heartstrings of vengeance, and does absolutely nothing to address the most important question. Who?
Unread
  (#9)
Derpetologist

September 9, 2013, 09:31 AM

My own tinfoil theory and what I've heard of the talks regarding Syria focus heavily on Iran. They are allies after all, and Assad's removal would put pressure on the Iranian regime. Some of these guys would drag us into anything to stick it to Iran.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

September 9, 2013, 09:32 AM

economically unless there are a bunch of future backdoor deals from an invasion its going to be a total loss.
Unread
  (#11)
I'm a llama again!

September 9, 2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknojoe View Post
I support our assisting only a U.N. requested strike, and having the US playing a very small and brief role. Simply to take out the areas that are allowing them to use the chemical weapons, then GTFO.

Doesn't look like it's going to happen that way. So to Obama I say, dude just don't do it.
I am not even down for that, now I would not be opposed to helping with humanitarian aid to the refugees flooding into Jordan and Turkey.

Plus how is it better that we go and completely destabilize an area by bombing the shit out of it? Are we then sending in troops to get the chemical weapons? Or are we just going to let those fall into the hands of whom ever finds them, and what are the chances that they LOVE America.

Yeah I am old enough to know better. Thing is, I just don't care.
Unread
  (#12)
Knee Draggin!

September 9, 2013, 09:49 AM

uh, the president is going to do wtf he wants too, not because its right - because he can - and is only bending over backwards to get political cover from the congress.

I could give a crap about Syria. Let them kill one another off, no problem with that in my book. Just look at how much good the destabilization of Libya and Egypt did. Libya is effectively not a country any longer and Egypt is heading to a civil war of cataclysmic proportions. Lotta good that foreign policy is doing.

Syria would just be the icing on the cake. MMMMM...Cake.
Unread
  (#13)
Derpentine Dealer

September 9, 2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsetaper2 View Post
Holy books are merely manuals for religious cults. They have no real or factual basis.
True except for the Bible. No other text has provided accurate predictive prophecy. We can get into this, but it's not really the topic of the thread. Just ask yourself this: Why does the entire world hate the Jews? Seriously. Do you have an explanation outside of the context and history described in the Bible?

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#14)
Knee Draggin!

September 9, 2013, 10:03 AM

I want to see some videos of the civil war going on right now. I mean first-hand cell phone/gopro videos of the action.

Nothing I say is to be taken seriously.

2004 Black ZX636
Unread
  (#15)
Signed up for Track Days!

September 9, 2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz1050 View Post
Lol @ "Do the people even matter"... the fuck kinda question is that?

Getting involved in Syria in any way was ludicrous to begin with. An enemy of my enemy is my friend is fucking retarded, especially when you are the hated United States.

Fuck what the French say. We all know what happened the last time they drug us into a war. We got up to our eyeballs in shit, and they stood back and said "Damn.. that looks uncomfortable.. sucks to be you."

We absolutely do NOT want to fuck with Russia anymore than we already have over the past couple of years. Georgia was a shitshow, Syria is a tinderbox.

This is none of our business, and we don't even know for a FACT, beyond the shadow of doubt, who set off the sarin. Before you go killing innocents as a third party, that's kinda something you need.

The question is what it is.

WHy are they even considering war when only 20 percent of the people support it? Doesn't the government represent the people? Isn't that how it is supposed to work and not vice versa?

~ Adrian

"Fack yo Purse"